PDA

View Full Version : Possible success with Red Dot under 321297 in 32-40 Low Wall?

ohland
07-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Today started as usual. Take the nuclear powered attack Brittany out for low-level flight, followed with a chicken refuelling. Old retrobate staggered off to the range (high Wednesday!). Flying my computer and my cell phone rings... Front tire is very flat down at the range.

Shut down the system, get down there, swap in the little doughnut tire. We drive over in the Rogue to pick up the other shiftless black powder shooter. Get back to the range, drop off the dynamic duo, they drive to the BP range.

I pick up a tire from storage, nip over to the auto yard, they mount and balance it. I sneak back into Wisconsin (with the proper inflections while saying "The Bears"), stopped at The Old Fashioned Bakery for custard filled doughnuts, chocolate cake doughnuts, and apple - cinnamon rolls. Get to the clubhouse, wash the grease n dirt off my hands, polish off the apple-cinnamon rolls on the short jaunt to the BP range.

Jacked 'er up, swapped the doughnut for the remount, tighten the lugs good, pop the cover on, done.

Re-mounting the doughnut under the body, and the OR comes up.

321297 (GC) above 7gr Red Dot at 50 yards.

I think this Red Dot ideal was from the RCBS manuel... whatever.

Not totally sure if this was the nominal weight, or actual boolit weight. But that certainly brightened his day. That plus the strong back, weak mind guy that fixed his flat... Probably one of the better reasons to have kids....

L Ross
07-20-2015, 09:05 AM
Been enjoying your posts Ohland, thanks. Are you using checks on the 321297 or shooting them naked? I've shot a bunch of those in 32-40, 32 Win. Spl., and 8x57 with and without checks over 14.0 gr of IMR-4227 with satisfaction.

Shooter6br
07-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Red Dot is a good choice for reduced loads .

ohland
07-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Are you using checks on the 321297 or shooting them naked? I've shot a bunch of those in 32-40, 32 Win. Spl., and 8x57 with and without checks over 14.0 gr of IMR-4227 with satisfaction.

With GC... Checks are for kids?

This mold casts at .324, so it could be used for 8mm as well...