PDA

View Full Version : New York "relaxes" SAFE ACT a tad!

georgerkahn
07-15-2015, 06:55 AM
According to Newsday (newspaper) article (penned by Michael Gormley: michaelgormley@newday.com), Gov. Andrew Cuomo "agreed yesterday to suspend sections of his SAFE Act covering ammunition sales".
"New York will suspend indefinitely its efforts to require background checks for ammunition purchasers and create a database of buyers."
Most happy change to me :) :) :) is: "The state will also lift the ban on Internet sales of ammunition under the SAFE Act."

I rang a mail-order/Internet store yesterday, and they purport to know nothing about this change in the law... I'm hoping they get enough inquiries and orders to induce them to pursue looking into the law change, realizing how much revenue they're ignoring.

geo

kysunfish
07-15-2015, 07:06 AM
Sounds like their stupidity is costing them $. I sure hate that.

Hickory
07-15-2015, 07:09 AM
Just a speck of dust in the eye of tyranny.

blackthorn
07-15-2015, 11:09 AM
Sounds like the old "kick and cookie" political garbage to me. Get elected, pass all kinds of regressive legislation (or threaten to) and then placate the masses by reducing or repealing a small (emphasis on "small") bit of the repressive legislation. The answer is political involvement! Sometimes you are the nut-cracker, sometimes the nut.

starmac
07-15-2015, 01:06 PM
It will likely take some time before most internet mailhouses get the go ahead to send ammo to NY.

funnyjim014
07-15-2015, 09:39 PM
Well some of the article kind of miss interpreted what happened. Heir Cuomo sighed a law to suspend the partof the SAFEACT that pertains to backround checks on ammo purchases UNTILL the technology exists to perform such a background check. I think it was SCOPE that posted several places that would ship to NY w/o a FFL. I just hope he's gone by the "time" they get the tech figgured out