PDA

View Full Version : Noe 311175 (315 saeco clone)

35 shooter
07-15-2015, 02:25 AM
I signed up on a inventory run buy complete with a 15% discount at the NOE site on this one. Think it only takes 5 to get this one going. Looks like i got there first on this one.

Anyway it was good timing as i have recently done a lot of "searches" here on this boolit and it seems to be a great design and well liked for a wide range of .30 cal. rifles.
I found great reports on it from competition shooting to hunting.

I recently bought a .308 and am hoping this will turn out to be a great do-all type of design in both pb and gc versions?
This will be my first experience with such a tapered boolit, but the design looks great to me.
Anyone tried the NOE version of this boolit? Likes - dislikes?
Anything i need to be aware of when sizing a tapered boolit?
From everything i've found so far, it doesn't seem like you could go far wrong with this one? I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Jeff Michel
07-15-2015, 04:58 AM
Do a search for 315 Saeco, "Ben" has done a bit of a write up with this bullet in a plain base version. I have the NOE version GC/PB and it has been a good performer in everything I've put it through. You're going to like this one.

35 shooter
07-15-2015, 03:00 PM
Jeff lol Ben is the main reason i enjoy shooting pb boolits. He got me hooked big time with his great pic's and write ups on them.
I have seen his report on this boolit, but i "think" he has the Saeco mold as a lot of others have.
I may be wrong, but i don't think the NOE is quite as tapered on the bands? I may be wrong about that. Of course i have never gone wrong with a NOE mould for sure, mine all shoot great!

Guess i'm wondering how they compare to the original Saeco design on this one? Looks good to go to me.