PDA

View Full Version : NOE weekly specials

TXGunNut
07-14-2015, 10:56 PM
OK 35shooter, I got Swede's e-mail.:shock: His versions of the H&G 68 and the 358009 are on sale this week. I have a couple boxes (OK, cases!) of 45acp reloads stashed and the 358009 makes no sense at all for my 35 Whelen project. OTOH I can't consider myself a serious caster for either cartridge unless I have these moulds.
The voices in my head must really be hollering if he can hear them all the way up there in Provo.:bigsmyl2:

I'm out of handles, Swede. Can you put them on sale too? lololol

35 shooter
07-14-2015, 11:52 PM
OK 35shooter, I got Swede's e-mail.:shock: His versions of the H&G 68 and the 358009 are on sale this week. I have a couple boxes (OK, cases!) of 45acp reloads stashed and the 358009 makes no sense at all for my 35 Whelen project. OTOH I can't consider myself a serious caster for either cartridge unless I have these moulds.
The voices in my head must really be hollering if he can hear them all the way up there in Provo.:bigsmyl2:

I'm out of handles, Swede. Can you put them on sale too? lololol
The TX. hog population will not like the news about the 358009!!! What kills me is i've been wanting a rg 358009 mould and unless my eyes decieve me he has them in stock. Of course i want a pb and gc in the same mould and didn't see that..probably sold em before i knew they were there.

May be just me, but no 35 whelen boolit line up is complete without the 009 in it lol!!
Now you'll have to book an African hunt!

TXGunNut
07-16-2015, 12:32 AM
He also has RD's 300 Savage and another of Michael's latest .30 cal creations on sale, pretty awesome designs IMHO.
I think I already have four moulds for 35 cal rifles and I really hesitate to go as heavy as the 358009.
For the record, the hogs in places I hunt are pretty upset about that RD 460-350 that has been knocking hogs on their hams and putting meat in my freezer for awhile. I suspect the new RD 360-230 will be equally devastating but I likely won't know for several more months.

35 shooter
07-16-2015, 02:44 AM
NOE got me again too. On top of the ones you mentioned there's a 15% discount inventory run on the 311175 (315 saeco clone). All my research on it points to a go to for .30 cal. Dove on it the second i saw it up!!
This will be my first .30 cal. boolit for my .308. Does this stuff ever end?? Hopefully it will be the only .30 cal. boolit i need. Then again....what's need got to do with this hobby?:veryconfu

TXGunNut
07-16-2015, 10:36 PM
I dunno, Buddy. I've been spending an awful lot of money lately. AMEX and Cabela's Visa bills came today and I'm a bit bummed out at the moment. OTOH these moulds could very well get me into the $1000 club for another discount.
I've got three new NOE moulds sitting on my bench and a backlog of projects in and out of the loading room. It's not about need but for me it's hard to focus on the projects at hand when the list keeps getting longer.

35 shooter
07-17-2015, 10:15 PM
Wow! The inventory buy on the 311175 went fast and already has the required five to get it in line. Guess i'll be working loads for .30 cal. soon. I'm stoked about this one.

I understand about focusing on too many at a time lol! Sounds like your going to be busy for a while. Good luck with your new molds!

Btw, how's that finger thing coming along?

TXGunNut
07-18-2015, 10:38 AM
Finger mostly healed, I trimmed off all the dead skin & tissue this past week. Nerve issues a bit annoying but seem to be improving. Flexibility still not good but seems to be improving as well.
May be able to slip off into the loading room tomorrow for a little PT, lol. With all my projects on hold I'll be shooting my new 17 HMR tomorrow if I get time to mount the scope tonight. Have several hours of non-shooting research and paperwork to do this weekend so those new NOE moulds will likely remain pristine and idle until at least next weekend.
I really like my Lee TL 45 acp mould but that H&G 68 copy is still eating on me. I may be breaking in a new 45 soon and will have a few hundred empty mouths to fill when the LLA smoke clears. And yes, your beloved 358009 is still eating at me as well. I think it will do better in my Ruger Hawkeye than in Ellie May but as R5R says that's just a guess. ;-)