PDA

View Full Version : Ups rocks!

TXGunNut
07-14-2015, 08:57 PM
Dunno how they did it, but they did. Home Depot no longer carries the deck drive belt for my Cub Cadet mower. Everyone carries the MTD version but trust me, it ain't the same. Somehow the website merged my physical address (in one town) with my mailing address (a POB in another town). Shipping method was not specified. Next day I was notified that they were shipping my belt to this fictitious POB via UPS.
Yeah, right!
I used the site's chat function, they said they'd cancel the order. So I re-ordered it. They again changed my shipping address, this time to my PO Box. At least they got the address right, but guess what? They shipped it UPS again, to a POB! And the original belt was still on the way...to a bogus address. :shock:
I called, they said I'd have to contact UPS (even though I know they can correct an address after shipping) but I was unable to correct the addresses until UPS attempted to deliver it. So I waited.
Tonight I was scraping together some leftovers for supper and there was a knock at the back door....and a big brown truck in my driveway. :veryconfu
I must have looked a bit bewildered, he showed me the packages and I asked if they were from Home Depot. He said they were. I was pretty much speechless, I never get UPS packages here and even the corrected addresses were not quite right. I recovered in time to offer the driver a bottle of water but he turned me down, he only had two stops to go.
Yes, I know it's possible to find even someone who keeps a pretty low profile but UPS made it look too easy.
Wow, simply amazing. A couple of hours ago I learned that they'd safely delivered my Remington rifle to the factory service facility in NY, just shipped it Wednesday IIRC.
Yep, UPS rocks, at least in my book!

Mk42gunner
07-15-2015, 12:31 AM
The last few times I've had anything shipped by UPS, they have delivered it to the local Post Office. The only thing that does for me is make me wait another day. FedEx still delivers to my house though.

Robert

Gar
07-15-2015, 08:44 AM
If you really want an eye opener, open up a UPS account online.
Their security question to verify you are who you say you are will really get your attention.
There was an old joke about the phone company knowing EVERYTHING about you, I'm thinking UPS isn't far behind.

oldred
07-15-2015, 09:19 AM
Well I guess even UPS can it right OCCASIONALLY! Those rascals lost THREE shipments in a row for me last year, two from the same place, and trying to talk with them on their problem resolution line is little more than an exercise in futility. I did get some help on the on-line chat service but still it was a frustrating experience, the last order showed it delivered and left at "the side door", which I don't have, and they were insistent it had been delivered even though I knew 100% for a fact that no truck had arrived since I was sitting there waiting on it at the time they said it was delivered. Even after four days and numerous on-line chats plus several phone conversations they STILL insisted that I go outside and look around my house for it! That was six months ago and I guess someone has it somewhere but I couldn't convince the idiots that it was NOT lying in my yard. The first two was almost comical, first it started out headed my way (I was watching tracking progress) then it sat at a facility in WV for two days where it apparently evaporated since they couldn't find any trace of it after that! The seller agreed to send me a replacement and hassle out the shipping problem with UPS so I watched it closely on the on-line tracking system, it started out heading to Pennsylvania (the wrong direction!) but then reversed course and went a couple of hundred miles north of me eventually landing in Louisville Ky where it languished for thee days before it too disappeared! UPS may do a decent job sometimes and for a business they are quite reliable but for home delivery I can assure you that your case is definitely an exception!

garym1a2
07-15-2015, 09:36 AM
I never have a problem with UPSs. Those that goto the post office are from Midway and its a deal between Midway and UPS to get cheaper rates. I get lots of stuff from them thru Amazon prime and they are always ontime. When ever I have issues its with FedEx

jcwit
07-15-2015, 11:37 AM
To the OP, It's called the law of averages.

TXGunNut
07-15-2015, 11:15 PM
To the OP, It's called the law of averages.

True enough, but I was (and still am) quite impressed that they were able to pull it off despite the ineptitude of HD's site. As mentioned above B2B is a whole 'nuther matter; at work I ship stuff all over the country on UPS and FedEx with very few problems.

mold maker
07-16-2015, 10:19 AM
I've had little to no problems where UPS is the delivery carrier.
Even had a brown driver make a return trip with parts he thought had lost from a very poorly packed heavy item.

Kent Fowler
07-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Sometimes having a package lost has it's advantages. I had ordered about 400.00 worth of transmission parts, for rebuilding my Jeep transmission, from an outfit in Georgia. Package never came. UPS kept telling me and the company in Georgia that they had delivered it. This went on for about 2 weeks and then I got a call from a lady one street over who had the same house number as mine. She said she never uses her front door and always enters her house from the garage, but she eventually found the package on her door step. Went over there and when she answered the door, she was in the top 10 of the best looking women I have ever laid eyes on. Her name was Stormy. Shot the breeze with her a bit then, reluctantly, had to leave. Told the guy in Georgia what happened and afterwards every time I placed an order, he asked if I wanted it delivered to my address or Stormy's.