PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help for a friend

tinhorn97062
07-12-2015, 06:58 PM
Hello all,

I have a friend who is trying to get into reloading for a .308, on a budget. I thought I'd post an ad here and see if some things could be crossed off the "need to obtain" list. The things he really needs at this point is a good set of dies and a press. So, if anybody has some extra equipment for a good price, please let me know. :-)

-charlie

knfmn
07-13-2015, 02:25 PM
If he's never reloaded before, he might be better off starting with a Lee loader, just to make sure he actually likes it.....

country gent
07-13-2015, 02:51 PM
A decent used press and good die set ( by good I mean no scratches or damaged areas, fully functioning) are must haves. A deburring tool is also handy. Also on the must have list is a good scales either beam type or electronic. Also on this list is a good manual to give known data ad or instructions. I recomend the manual is the first purchase and be read several times before buying equipment and or components. On the wish or want list is a powder measure of some sort. A case trimmer and other tools can be picked up as needed. In actual loading cases need to be sized primers seated and powder charges dropped into cases. A simple dipper can be made and used or a measure but need to be checked on a scales also. bullets need to be seated into a smooth neck hence the deburring tool. Eventually a good set of calipers to measure things, cartridge overall length, compare cases, and any other measuring that seems to crop up. If hes close to you and a good friend you might want to start him out on your equipment giving him the basic knowledge to make an informed desiccion on tools and set up.

tinhorn97062
07-27-2015, 10:16 AM
I wanted to update this and let folks know that a member came through like never before. With his help, and a fun little shopping spree from my wife and I, we were able to put together a gift bag with everything needed to load .308.

Once again, I am blown away by the generosity of the people of Cast Boolits. I feel really honored to be able to be a part of the community, and I look forward to being the guy to "come through" in another's time of need. :)