PDA

View Full Version : A new class of forum threads?

Molly
03-26-2008, 02:35 PM
I'd like to propose a new topic or class of conversation threads, based on caliber. I've noticed that many or most inqueries are centered around specific rounds. IE, they frequently take the form of "What's a good bullet / load / alloy / powder / (whatever) for the 246 Remchester?"

So I suggest a forum topic based on - and named - "Cartridges", with threads that run from 17 Rem to 50-70. Discussions pertaining to your favorite round could be located and referenced in a hurry, without skimming through five years of correspondence.

Comments?

Molly

Scrounger
03-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Not a bad idea!

45nut
03-26-2008, 03:55 PM
Great Idea implemented. :coffeecom:

carpetman
03-26-2008, 04:14 PM
Molly what bullet are you wanting to shoot in that .246 Remchester? What blend of alloy do you want to use? Water quenched or air cooled? Is your mold gas checked or plain based? Which lube? What powders do you have available? What is your goal? What is the climate like in your area? What type sights do you have on it? If scope,what type and power? Do you wear glasses? Are you left or right handed? Which is your predominant eye? After you answer all these questions I'll be able to tell you everything I know about it.

jdhenry
03-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Great Idea. That would make it a little easier:)

Molly
03-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Molly what bullet are you wanting to shoot in that .246 Remchester? What blend of alloy do you want to use? Water quenched or air cooled? Is your mold gas checked or plain based? Which lube? What powders do you have available? What is your goal? What is the climate like in your area? What type sights do you have on it? If scope,what type and power? Do you wear glasses? Are you left or right handed? Which is your predominant eye? After you answer all these questions I'll be able to tell you everything I know about it.

Carpetman,

The alloy I want to use is cast iron, quenched in liquid nitrogen, lubed with zinc (applied hot). I fixed all my mold problems with Tilex. I have five powders available: rifle, pistol, shotgun, black and baby. My goal is 1/2 inch groups at three miles. Climate is normal except for the blizzards and hurricanes that hit the range every time I'm there. The sights are two beads on the shotgun rib. I wear glasses after every shot, and am ambidexterous. My dominent eye is the only one (I'm a cyclops), and it's blue or green, depending on the time of day and how much sleep I've had. Your turn.

(ROFLMAO)
Molly

MT Gianni
03-26-2008, 07:14 PM
All Hail Molly, Lets move the threads on the Asperly Aimless. Gianni

Molly
03-26-2008, 07:28 PM
... Lets move the threads on the Asperly Aimless. Gianni

Actually, the Asperly Aimless is a much maligned and misunderstood system. Believe it or not, it has a 100% effectiveness rating when used within its intended range and on game suited to it's energy levels. It's only when ill-advised or simply foolish sportsmen used it at ranges far exceeding six inches and on game much larger than ladybugs that unfair and uncomplimentary comparisons were made with much more robust rounds like the 2.7 mm Kolibri and the .22 Flobert BB cap.

Regards,
Molly

9.3X62AL
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Who woke Carpetman up?

The Asperley Aimless made a cameo appearance yesterday during the Burrito Shoot, influencing the performance of my otherwise tack-driving 8 x 57 bolter with some sort of mojo or sub-audible incantation. Worse than having The Swedish Bikini Team show up, and no aesthetic improvements to scenery in the bargain. All bad.

twotrees
03-26-2008, 09:37 PM
Is Garanteed to hit the target every time!!

If you put said target on the ground under the "Action(?)" area and drop all your boolits before you put them into the "rifle"(?)

See you guys thought I wasn't listening.

Huh? Whatdija Say??

Good New Forum.

NoDakJak
03-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Back in the dark ages I read about the Asperly Aimless and several years ago while traveling through central Oregon I made it a point to vistit the authors farm. There were three large plaques mounted on the side of the barn. On the left side, slightly the worse for wear was the most famous of all the famous Asperlys. Even more impressive was the center plaque that had the PTO shaft from the unfortunate John Deere tractor mounted on it. Just as Mr Woolfolk stated, it was twisted into a corkscrew shape with a Bulls member still tightly twisted into a spiral on it. The large righthand plaque displayed A Hereford Bulls head that possesed severly crossed eyes. I feel deeply honored. I made a request to fire the rifle just once but was denied with the excuse that they couldn't afford to loose any more bulls.
No Bull Neil

carpetman
03-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Molly---I told you after you answered all my questions about the .246 Remchester I would tell you all I know about it. I know absolutely nothing about it,to include whether it really exists or it's something you made up. Given this,I can glean one thing out of your response. Your goal is 1/2" groups at 3 miles. Starmetal could do this---well close---would you accept one hole groups?

Molly
03-28-2008, 04:25 PM
---would you accept one hole groups?

Oh, absolutely! You may not be aware of this, but I am the first and current world record holder for one-hole groups (measured center to center). I believe a few others have since equaled my achievement, but to the best of my knowledge, it has yet to be beaten.

("Hey! I wike him. He'th thilly!" Grem Lin (WWII Bomber Pilot and associate of B. Bunny)

Molly