PDA

View Full Version : Hollow sticks of blue Magma Lube?

ohland
07-11-2015, 12:59 PM
Before I drop hammer on solid sticks of the blue Magma Lube, is there someone that carries HOLLOW Magma Lube sticks?

For some odd reason Magma Engineering has solid sticks only on their website.

PS. Yes, drilling a hole works, but this is America...

leadman
07-11-2015, 01:16 PM
I tested many lubes a few years ago. Magma lube allowed leading in every cartridge I tried it in. When recovering boolits from the dirt bank the Magma lube will still be in the lube grooves. It is a very hard lube with a very high melting point.
I did find a use for it though. I live in Phoenix and in the summer the Carnuba Red I normally used at the time likes to allow the boolits to stick together and when seperated the lube pulls out of the lube groove. I mixed 1/3 by weight of Magma lube with the Carnuba Red and it worked very well. No leading and the lube stayed put.

Magma sells solid sticks only to go in the Star sizers they sell.

ohland
07-11-2015, 01:29 PM
I tested many lubes a few years ago. Magma lube allowed leading in every cartridge I tried it in. When recovering boolits from the dirt bank the Magma lube will still be in the lube grooves. It is a very hard lube with a very high melting point.
I did find a use for it though. I live in Phoenix and in the summer the Carnuba Red I normally used at the time likes to allow the boolits to stick together and when seperated the lube pulls out of the lube groove. I mixed 1/3 by weight of Magma lube with the Carnuba Red and it worked very well. No leading and the lube stayed put.

Magma sells solid sticks only to go in the Star sizers they sell.

The old retrobate wants Magma Blue. Thankfully, I have a LAM II with a Lyman heater. Most other lubes become very thin and make a mess when it works it's way under the boolit....

Really, Magma Engineering sells lube in a shape for their sizer only? That is unthinkable... Harrumph... Where is the DOJ when you really need them?

UPDATE: What other hard lubes for hot weather smokeless are there? Think of a 357 Maximum.

fecmech
07-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Just melt it and pour it in.

No_1
07-11-2015, 02:35 PM
I would like to suggest you contact White Label Lube who happens to be one of our members. Their banner is located at the bottom of the page but you can click ---> here <--- (http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/) to go straight to their site. They offer a variety of lubes to cover anything you wish to do. I gave up on the rest once I started using their products.

Robert

ohland
07-11-2015, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, but understanding is not required for obedience. I will order Magma Blue Lube, but it won't be my plastic.

leadman
07-12-2015, 06:42 PM
So who is going to scrub the lead out of the barrel???? The best lube I have used is LBT Blue Soft. Worked for everything including velocities over 3,000 fps and does not need a heater and does not melt in the Arizona heat. It is a soft lube so does not travel well thru the mail.