PDA

View Full Version : Your videos & photos of you casting, swaging, reloading and shooting!

OnceFired
07-09-2015, 12:28 PM
Hi all

My not-quite-100%-secret project is now fully underway on the video front. After navigating through many obstacles and difficulties, I lucked out and got the video guy I worked with daily for over a year and a half to help make this project a reality. Now I need to give him ammo to work with. :)

He's putting together a video detailing what the project is all about so we can show it off to the world. As you might imagine it involves reloading, casting & swaging so that shooting can occur. :)

What I need right at the moment is video footage of your hobby in operation. That can be:

Photos of your reloading bench
Video of your single / turret / progressive press
Possibly an auto-driven press
Casting bullets by hand
Automated casting devices, etc.
You can be in it or not. Your choice. We do not plan to label people by name if privacy is a concern.

We can also use photos & videos of:

You shooting at your home-grown range
Land you have permission to shoot on
People who gave you permission to film them shooting in those places

Ideally the photo/video would not have any text over it or other graphics - the raw video footage is what we're after.

The key thing we need is video YOU own so we have 100% permission to use it. Our biggest challenge at the moment is finding footage we have permission to use - and as you would expect there is not a lot of reloading/casting/swaging footage to begin with, let alone footage that comes prepackaged with permission to use it. hahahaha

So, please reply to this thread with URLs of videos YOU own and give us permission to use.

OnceFired

p.s. I'm also building a presentation to reveal all of this to CastBoolits shortly.

Sgtonory
07-09-2015, 02:10 PM
Where do you want this info sent?

HATCH
07-09-2015, 02:28 PM
I will do up a video of my current casting setup once I get my machine back. Keep in mind it might be two more months.. LOL

OnceFired
07-09-2015, 03:45 PM
Let's just post them right here in the thread.

A description of what the video is and a link, along with something that says "yes you can use this" is fine. This way it's all in one place.

OnceFired

OnceFired
07-09-2015, 03:46 PM
We are definitely on a timeline - so we'd love to use anything that is ready NOW. Doesn't have to be new.

kdbarker
07-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Enjoying a beautiful evening at the range, testing out some .300 AAC Blackout ammo that I had just made with 5.56 Lake City Brass!... sorry for the slow-mo but I was planning on using this clip for a project but just never got around to it.
You can use it but just know that I may want to use parts of it my self some day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxadIUxJFPA

kdbarker
07-15-2015, 09:07 PM
Here's another one of me making some 9mm on the Dillon 550B Press.
You can use it but just know that I may want to use it and/or parts of it my self some day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Oo6HJInwA8