PDA

View Full Version : pro-shooting

gunoil
07-07-2015, 09:02 AM
From the original diamondback forum/there is a new one now.
This doctor owns a db-9.

Pro-shooting

The groin is the end of the aorta and contains the illiac and femoral arteries. These arteries are under high pressure and if hit can pump out the blood supply in a minute or two. I have a saying, you can't live without blood. This same area is where knife fighters target. Very lethal. The base of the penis is also well supplied with both arterial and venous blood. When I practice one place I try to shoot is just under the chin. This is C3 where the nerves for the diaphragm emerge from the spinal cord. No living without breathing. The Adams apple sits over C5 which is where nerves for the hands start to emerge. You won't be able to hold up your hands (or your weapon) if you get it here as well likely paralysis of every thing below (standing for example). I shoot ipsic targets and my practice is B and just below B several inches. The is where spine and ascending aorta and the heart valves and coronary arteries reside. My goal is one ragged hole below or through B. My head shots are aimed about halfway up the nose. This basically hits the medulla, avoiding a lot of the boney structures 2" higher that protect the medullla. The nose is like a tunnel into the base of the brain stem IMHO. If I am point shooting one handed CM is where I go because I'm fairly good at aiming but not so good at point shooting. I don't spend much time shooting the liver spleen or stomach

Depends on where they have been shot and how many times. They always show up so they can be pronounced or triaged. 45 will break bones better than 9mm. At 1 or 2 hits the lethality is probably 5-10% greater than 9mm, so if 9mm is 80% at one shot 45 is 75 or 70% chance of survival. If you put a 9 in the medulla or aortic valve you are much more lethal than a 45 in the right lung so placement is key. Even a brain hit isn't 100%. I've done a guy with the shaft of a golf club sticking in his frontal lobe and exiting his occiput who was conscious and talking on his way into the OR to get it taken out. Hollow points derfinately do more damage but are not necessarily more lethal. I saw a guy with a 40 in his chest at tyhe level of the aortic valve that walked out of the hospital. The HP worked so well it stopped before it hit anything vital. Another 0.5" and it would have been cutrians.

captaint
07-07-2015, 10:16 AM
If a situation ever becomes so dire, and I sincerely hope it never gets that bad, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be pulling the trigger more than once. 9mm, 45ACP, whatever. Maybe not a 12Ga... God forbid that ever happens to any of us..

Land Owner
07-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Some days you just aim for the gut to let the dirt that is waiting there do its job on the Perps that deserves it.

Russel Nash
07-09-2015, 05:48 AM
What is this diamondback forum you speak of?