PDA

View Full Version : New Lee Mold Oversized. Send it back??

Jeffery8mm
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I have a new TL158-358swc mold that consistantly drops WW lead at .361. These WILL NOT chamber in any of me 38/357 revolvers. Lee states that this is in thier tolerance level. The cust service rep was super nice and offered to exchange it. He said he could send me mold that would drop smaller boolits.
Would you send it back.... or buy a sizer?? Just did not really want to size. Looking to load the fastest way, not really looking for pinpoint accuracy.
Thanks

Jeff

94Doug
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
I'd sell it on ebay and make money. Or, when you have the 25 posts, you might list it on the swaping section on this web site..... for everyone that has a gun that will not shoot an oversize bullet, there is someone that has one that won't shoot an undersize one. Or something.....

Doug

dubber123
03-25-2008, 04:57 PM
I'm sure somebody would love to have it for a .38 S&W. .361" or bigger is about right for many of those.

floodgate
03-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Jeffery8mm:

One of our .38S&W shooters might be glad to get it; why not post it here?

floodgate

Jeffery8mm
03-25-2008, 05:54 PM
Rep also stated that a different alloy may cast smaller. He said add pure lead to the ww lead for a smaller cast boolit. Could this be true?? I dont want to add pure lead because I dont want a softer boolit. Can I post in the classified section or do I have to have the 25 post someone mentioned??
Thanks for the suggestions thus far.
Jeff

Jeffery8mm
03-25-2008, 08:22 PM
just realized this is a double post??
Sorry

floodgate
03-26-2008, 01:13 AM
Moderators:

Personally, I think this is a good example of our "25 posts" rule inhibiting free exchange of ideas and hardware. I'm sure there are several of us who would like to acquire this .361" mould, and it would be counterproductive to make Jeffery run up 20+ dummy posts just to be able to offer this one; or to drive him over to eBay. Think about it....

Doug

WyrTwister
03-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Rep also stated that a different alloy may cast smaller. He said add pure lead to the ww lead for a smaller cast boolit. Could this be true?? I dont want to add pure lead because I dont want a softer boolit. Can I post in the classified section or do I have to have the 25 post someone mentioned??
Thanks for the suggestions thus far.
Jeff

Try it .

God bless
Wyr

waksupi
03-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Doug, I agree that it isn't a perfect rule, but don't know how to get around it without returning to the spam type posts we had started getting. As far as I know, it is possible for the new members to PM another member with offers.

Moderators:

Personally, I think this is a good example of our "25 posts" rule inhibiting free exchange of ideas and hardware. I'm sure there are several of us who would like to acquire this .361" mould, and it would be counterproductive to make Jeffery run up 20+ dummy posts just to be able to offer this one; or to drive him over to eBay. Think about it....

Doug

VTDW
03-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Doug, I agree that it isn't a perfect rule, but don't know how to get around it without returning to the spam type posts we had started getting. As far as I know, it is possible for the new members to PM another member with offers.

Common Sense rules!!:drinks:

rusty shackelford
03-26-2008, 11:57 AM
i for one did /do want to post in the forsale section and even though i don't say much to run the post up ,
Iwill wait till i get 25 ,
but a trading post would sure be nice too..

rusty s

45nut
03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
It is 25 posts OR 30 days.

All I need is a pm from a member regarding selling here and generally I will make the proper adjustment. A bit of courtesy goes a long ways for all of us and we are not here to make enemies, we are here to make friends so I am approachable to "relaxing" the rules as appropriate. As long as the goods are related to the craft and not obvious spam of course.

Rusty, I realize there are many folks that just aren't the talkative sort and have made the adjustment to your privileges here.

floodgate
03-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Ken:

OK, that's reasonable. I withdraw my protest.

Doug