PDA

View Full Version : my ship has come in!!

bob208
07-05-2015, 12:12 PM
just got the email. I won the Brazil Olympic lottery to the tune of 1,984,000 usd. have to notify and send my info to the agent in South Africa. it is truly a small world when a south American county's lottery is run by a south African country and paid off in U.S dollars.

leadman
07-05-2015, 12:15 PM
You are one lucky guy! How much does it cost to claim your prize?

TXGunNut
Nope, you're just a co-winner! I won it too! I think they're waiting for you to respond because they haven't transferred the money to my account yet, lol.

lightman
Congrats!!! As soon as you collect it I have several large bridges for sale!:?

oldred
07-05-2015, 01:20 PM
You are definitely not the luckiest guy here however, I reserve that honor for myself since have I won at least three major lotteries in the last year! Not only that but there is a guy in Nigeria that's actually a prince but due to political upheaval he is having to flee the country, after much research he has chosen me due to my honesty (I don't know how he knows that!) he wants to send all his money to my bank account and will give me 20% of it just for helping him! Heck how could I lose, he didn't ask for any money all he wanted was my bank account information so he could deposit all his money in my bank, whata guy!

bikerbeans
07-05-2015, 01:28 PM
Dang, I forgot to buy a Brazilan Olympic lottery ticket at the carryout yesterday.

BB

montana_charlie
07-05-2015, 02:11 PM
Dang, I forgot to buy a Brazilan Olympic lottery ticket at the carryout yesterday.
You don't need to buy a ticket. You just need a valid email address.
Create more email accounts in order to increase your chances of winning next time.

Hardcast416taylor
07-05-2015, 02:14 PM
If I put up a measly $10K as a surety against an estimated $10 Million I can also claim 20% for my trouble in getting this paper money colored black (but washes off)(?) out of an African nation that is in turmoil. I keep hearing about Uncles of mine that died and left me fabulous wealth in Belgium. Odd, I never had any relatives living in Belgium?Robert

GabbyM
07-05-2015, 03:34 PM
My brother was taken by one of these scams. He was an extremely intelligent man. Still is. Electronics Engineer. Scored the second highest ever in the USN test to make chief as an ET among tens of thousands who had taken it. But then we grow old. Doctors placed him on various medications. For a couple of issues he suffers from. Then simple common sense. Which is sometimes in short supply with these borderline genius types anyway. Just went out the window. Thus you end up a victim waiting for a perpetrator.

I've wondered for years why this type of scam. Along with online gambling. Is allowed to flourish with what seams to be zero effort to stop it. Only geniuses with zero common sense seam to have that answer.

Rustyleee
07-05-2015, 03:45 PM
I won $2 million in the Polish lottery. They're going to pay me $1 a year.

Red River Rick
07-05-2015, 04:15 PM
I won $2 million in the Polish lottery. They're going to pay me $1 a year.

To bad it's considered "taxable".....................won't leave you much to spend, bummer!

RRR

LUCKYDAWG13
07-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Dang you are lucky i had the IRS send me a email last week that i owed the big money and that i just had a few hours to fill there form
out dont know why they needed my SS# and mom maiden name you would think they had all that stuff

labradigger1
07-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Tell them you recently cashed all your saving in for krugerrands and see if they will accept them for face value

Blacksmith
07-05-2015, 07:23 PM
According to our paper a local woman got a call from the "sheriff" to tell her she missed jury duty and there was a warrant for her arrest. The nice "officer" told her she could get out of it by buying $2,000 of prepaid debit cards calling him with the numbers on the back and then mailing the cards to the court house. When the clerk of the court got the cards he contacted the woman to find out why she sent them. Of course no such "officer" at the Sheriff, money long gone, and she was never called for jury duty.

So don't miss jury duty or it might cost you!!!

Garyshome
07-05-2015, 07:48 PM
I just got the same notification, we can travel together!

slim1836
07-05-2015, 07:53 PM
I also won the Lottery, however, it was for the draft.

Uncle Same informed me my random sequence number was "001" back in 1971.

That's just how my luck goes.

Slim

bstone5
07-05-2015, 08:38 PM
I went to take my physical exam in 1965 for the draft.
They drafted twelve people that day into the Marine Corporal.
Just my luck I was the second person chosen to go into the Marines.
Was working at a machine shop, the Marines put me to work in a machine shop after I took a test and made a perfect score.

Go figure l made long range shooting rifles while in the Marines.

leeggen
07-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Don't forget you will be paid in "cache" not cash. Get these about twice a week. Funny they can't spell oney correctly.CD

xs11jack
07-05-2015, 09:09 PM
I am jealous of you guys, no one has tried to scam me for a couple of years. I am getting bored.
Ole Jack

Wolfer
07-05-2015, 09:16 PM
I can't seem to win the lottery but I have won several free cruises to the Bahamas lately. If I could win the lottery maybe I could afford to go.

kfarm
07-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Gosh! I've never won anything like that, you lucky dog you.

kfarm
07-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Bstone5, when I was drafted in 68 they started at the front of the line counting 1, 2, 3, Marine I was 2 thank goodness but then being small really too small weighed less than 100 at 5'4" I was told I'd make a good tunnel rat that's when I joined and got to be a combat photographer. AH the good times.

.45Cole
07-06-2015, 09:59 PM
I've wondered for years why this type of scam. Along with online gambling. Is allowed to flourish with what seams to be zero effort to stop it. Only geniuses with zero common sense seam to have that answer.

Have you ever heard of the lottery being a tax on stupidity? It's pretty neat and it requires no oversight or administration to implement. It seems to only have an effect on it's targeted demographics.

Handloader109
07-07-2015, 07:42 AM
Wow, Ive won a couple of times but never cashed in..oh, and wife is going to be a secret shopper....... Got a $1750 CHeck in the mail... Just have to deposit the check and then go secretly to a western union and send two $750 money orders to the nice guys on the instructions. She gets to keep the rest......guess what will bounce higher than the empire state building?
Watch it they are out there everywhere!

Der Gebirgsjager
07-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Ohhh yeah! I think the best one I ever had was from Nigeria where a distant relative (not!) who owned a tire company had died in a traffic accident and the Nigerian Government had liquidated his assets and there was 6.5 million waiting to be claimed by the only relative they had been able to locate. Claiming the money would involve sending $10,000 to cover the cost of permits and transfer.

Even worse is Ransom Ware. If you don't know what that is---read up on it, before you click the wrong thing and download something that locks up your computer. They'll offer to give you the key to restore your computer to usefulness for .....$$$$??????, reportedly sometimes as high as $500.

bob208
07-07-2015, 03:08 PM
j have had that pop up but not as much lately. I take the battery out of my lap top if it pops up I just unplug it.

perotter
07-07-2015, 03:20 PM
You might want to email them back and tell them that they can keep 1/2 of it if they pay you with Bitcoins.

Duckiller
07-07-2015, 03:28 PM
I just won the 2nd level of the Italian national lottery. 500,000 euros. They wanted some info that if I had given it to them my sons and daughter would have put me in the home. Erased it!

dakotashooter2
07-07-2015, 05:44 PM
I responded to one of those emails once. Agreed to do the deal and added my signature at the bottom of the Email with the following title, "Supervising Agent IRS". The guy never contacted me with the info to close the deal.......

LynC2
07-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Dang you are lucky i had the IRS send me a email last week that i owed the big money and that i just had a few hours to fill there form
out dont know why they needed my SS# and mom maiden name you would think they had all that stuff

Well I guess we are the unlucky ones. [smilie=s: Everyone else is winning a fortune and we are going to the slammer if we don't pay up. Maybe they will lock us up together and we can talk about casting and shooting.