PDA

View Full Version : I hung a flag today.

mold maker
07-04-2015, 01:19 PM
This day has a double meaning for me. First of course is to celebrate OUR NATIONS beginning.
Next is to remember my Dad, who was born on the 4th of July 1902. He was a real fire cracker of a man.
For everyone who celebrated and don't know the reason why, I thought I'd share mine.
Burgers and fries with apple pie, ice cream and watermelon to you all.
Be safe
mold maker

DCP
07-04-2015, 06:24 PM
Its good to remember. Hats off to your DAD and the NATION

troyboy
07-04-2015, 06:35 PM
God Bless America

country gent
07-04-2015, 06:36 PM
I celebrated today starting last night. Put a nice thick porterhouse steak in to marinate. wrped a potato in aluminum foil with some salt and butter. pit it in a pan of water to soak. About noon stared a fire in the smoker and let it get to nice bed of coals. Put steak and potato in and a handfull of mestiqe chips. added wood chips every 45 mins or so all afternoon. Sipper was really good tonight.

Lloyd Smale
07-05-2015, 07:27 AM
I went to the flag raising ceremony with the vva and then stayed home and loaded some ammo for a 250 sav im working on loads for and grilled some ribs. Wife and the grandkids did somemores later.

jcwit
07-05-2015, 08:24 AM
My USA flag waves daily from our flagpole, I even salute it on passing.

As far as today, this day goes, 34 years ago today I married a wonderful woman. We have stood side by side thru thick & thin, raised 2 wonderful girls, and been Blessed by God beyond measure. I ask very little other than the time we have together to be healthful & rewarding.

To all the members here, friends and others, wave the flag, and God Bless

jcwit