PDA

View Full Version : expander land

guncheese
07-04-2015, 12:47 AM
ive done a bit of work with measuring and pic taking of some of the expander plugs we all use
can i get a bit of feedback on this?
its a google collection so just follow the the arrows

GunCheese's collection of misfits (https://plus.google.com/u/0/collection/E8BPf)

Scharfschuetze
07-04-2015, 01:38 AM
Nicely done.

Buckshot, a member here, has made several unique diameters for me, both for standard expander dies and for the Dillon powder measure.

I haven't seen him post for a while so I hope he's OK.

blikseme300
07-04-2015, 08:32 PM
Nice collection and explanation of what is needed to properly prepare brass for accepting pistol CB's.

The prior work by Lyman with the M-die was my starting point years ago when I was seeking the solution for swaged down pistol CB's. The need for custom expanders as well as Star dies convinced me to buy a mini lathe and make my own. It is good to see that NOE and a few others offer these tools in the market today.

gloob
07-05-2015, 05:15 AM
Nice sanity check for me. I also prefer to use expanders of equal diameter as the bullet for my calibers with tight sizing dies. I have never had any problem with neck tension. Accuracy increased, and I have never cleaned a bore for lead fouling, since.

mongoose33
07-05-2015, 09:08 AM
For whatever reason, I can't get to the explanations. Every link I click cycles me back to the first page. Do you have to be a member of Google Plus to read it?

guncheese
07-24-2015, 01:03 PM
For whatever reason, I can't get to the explanations. Every link I click cycles me back to the first page. Do you have to be a member of Google Plus to read it?

sorry didnt see this till now!
been a busy busy boy
there are not any extra pages just the pics with the cartoon bubbles
and anybody should be able to see them as its a public collection

if you still are having trouble, let me know and i can put them in another place for folks having troubles

Larry Gibson
07-24-2015, 01:34 PM
NOE makes a good selection of expanders for use in the Lee Universal expander die.

Larry Gibson

.22-10-45
07-25-2015, 01:01 AM
On mine, I blend the step with an angle of 1 1/2 - 2 deg. can barely see bell on case mouth, bullets start straight and less working of brass.

mongoose33
07-26-2015, 06:14 PM
sorry didnt see this till now!
been a busy busy boy
there are not any extra pages just the pics with the cartoon bubbles
and anybody should be able to see them as its a public collection

if you still are having trouble, let me know and i can put them in another place for folks having troubles

For some reason they didn't show before--all I got was the pics on the banner and nothing else.

The pics on the right now show up and I can click them and read the comments. Thank you!