PDA

View Full Version : Attention Quickload Users

Bass Ackward
10-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Guys,

NECO has a free, let me say that again, FREE download to update your powder files. This really updates the Accurate, Alliant, and Hodgen lines which is what I use most. All you have to do is unzip it and copy it into the program. Did I mention this was free?

No_1
10-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Guys,

NECO has a free, let me say that again, FREE download to update your powder files. This really updates the Accurate, Alliant, and Hodgen lines which is what I use most. All you have to do is unzip it and copy it into the program. Did I mention this was free?

I went to the NECO site, browsed around and could not find it. I even used the search feature but the only upgrades I saw cost $$$. Could you provide a liitle more direction as to exactly where the update is?

Thanks,
Robert

Bass Ackward
10-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I went to the NECO site, browsed around and could not find it. I even used the search feature but the only upgrades I saw cost $$$. Could you provide a liitle more direction as to exactly where the update is?

Thanks,
Robert

Robert,

http://www.neconos.com/

Look down the page on the left hand side until you see a CD rom of Quickload with red lettering under it. Read the red writing and then hit the blue button right below it.

Finn45
10-07-2005, 12:10 AM
Thanks John. If someone is having problems with downloading, it will fly easily via e-mail since it's only 6kB .zip.

No_1
10-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Robert,

http://www.neconos.com/

Look down the page on the left hand side until you see a CD rom of Quickload with red lettering under it. Read the red writing and then hit the blue button right below it.

Thanks Bass. I got it now.

Robert

trooperdan
10-07-2005, 03:32 PM
Will the $50 version allow me to input cartridges of my design or just aren't in the database or must I have the $150 version? I'd like to do some theortical work with the 5.7x28 .

buck1
10-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Thanks Bass!!!....Buck

Bass Ackward
10-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Will the $50 version allow me to input cartridges of my design or just aren't in the database or must I have the $150 version? I'd like to do some theortical work with the 5.7x28 .

Dan,

The 5.7 X 28 is listed in Quickload, but I can find no reference to a $50 program. I see where they are talking upgrade from older editions of their disk and $50 to get the newest edition.

I know that there are many who find the cost of this excessive. But so is a computer as it pertains to reloading. This program is the single most important money saving tool for reloading I have ever used. I have saved well passed the $150 cost in one years use. But I shoot a lot of loads year round.

Just so you know.

MGySgt
10-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks Bass - I down loaded it.

I agree completely with Bass about the cost. I had an IAB rechambered to 45/90.

Very little book loads out there. I bought the Lyman 48th eddition and tried their 'Starting Load' WAY TOO HOT. Could have ruined it if I kept working it.

I had noticed that my projected velocity was 50 FPS faster then actual over an Ohler 35P.

Found out tonight why. For Case capicity on STRAIGHT walled cases (44mag and up) after you measure the volume of your case add 6% to the volume. It appears (according to Ed at NECO) the algorithum for straight walled cases needs about 6 % added for the figures (pressure and velocity) to come out right.

Once again Bass thanks for turning me on to this worth while program! Best $150 I spent for ALL my reloading. Once you get a pressure range for a particular rifle and bullet you can easily change powders to match the pressure and see what kind of velocity you should get. More accurate then any manual. And for our custom molds - there isn't any data out there for them. We are only taking an educated (SWAG or WAG?) about where we should start.

Drew