PDA

View Full Version : Girlfried is pissed and UPS drive was not happy, But who cares

GARD72977
06-27-2015, 12:40 PM
Look what showed up Friday

Mk42gunner
06-27-2015, 12:50 PM
That should keep you out of the bar for a while...

Robert

RobS
06-27-2015, 01:01 PM
Cost and heavy I'm guessing.

labradigger1
06-27-2015, 01:29 PM
At least her being wasn't a surprise to you.
Nice score

Beagle333
06-27-2015, 01:36 PM
I think it looks good right there! Plug 'er in!! :twisted:

Smoke4320
06-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Put it on a table and she can decorate around it :) :)

Don Purcell
06-27-2015, 01:47 PM
Take it from an old codger, if your girlfriend is pissed because you bought this, don't make her your wife.

Smoke4320
06-27-2015, 01:54 PM
Take it from an old codger, if your girlfriend is pissed because you bought this, don't make her your wife.
+111111111

Geraldo
06-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Good advice. Better yet, pack your gear or hers and get it over with now.

daniel lawecki
06-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Nice she will get over it. Heck my wife use it get mad but that was 30 or more guns ago. Still married 34 years now.

Murphy
06-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Congratulations on the new piece of equipment, enjoy!

In regards to the women in our lives (or were before they discovered our other passion). I guess about the only argument I've ever used is pretty simple when the wife learns of a new firearm/casting purchase she isn't happy about.

"Well baby, it's kind of like this. Yes I did need/want another (insert item here) even though I have ONE. Now, lets go to your closet. Hummmm, sugar...I see 7 pair of black shoes alone. I can understand 1 or 2 of course, flats & heels. But why all the rest? Did you really need them? Now, those are shoes (or purses) and they'll wear out eventually. Steel and wood doesn't. :)

Murphy

Grits
06-27-2015, 03:00 PM
Good advice. Better yet, pack her gear and get it over with now.[emoji174]

Fixed it for you

osteodoc08
06-27-2015, 03:18 PM

Truer words never spoken!

Seeker
06-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Congrats. I've been married for 36 yrs. You know what my wife would say if that showed up here? She'd tip her head a little to the left, raise her left eyebrow and say "what is it"? No Problem. Post back here in 36 yrs. and let us know if you and your girlfriend are still together. Err, never mind.

mold maker
06-27-2015, 04:46 PM
After 51 years, mine just says, "Ya got another package I can't move, and it looks like rain".

jsizemore
06-27-2015, 05:02 PM
Tell how it will keep you out of the bars and you'll be saving money so you can take her to Hawaii.

runfiverun
06-27-2015, 05:47 PM
the wife asked where I got $4,000 to buy the boat.
I told her it was from all the money I saved reloading, but now I'm broke and I gotta start all over again.
she actually bought it....... [for a little bit]

4719dave
06-27-2015, 05:49 PM
yes,nice package you have there next is a big safe so she cant count guns ..that will really piss her off ..

MBTcustom
06-27-2015, 06:05 PM
I already used up all my bluff on Angie. When we were courting, it was very clear that she came from an antigun home. I explained to her that shes welcome to stick around me, my lead, and all the guns.
She must have thought it was worth it. LOL!
Unfortunately, she knows exactly "how much I'm saving" and she doesn't care. She never tries to stop me, but there's no way to convince her that an additional purchase will "save even more money". LOL!

gwpercle
06-27-2015, 06:31 PM
Girl friends don't count...they come and go.
Take this from someone who knows......if you find a girl who buys this for you as a surprise birthday present...Marry Her ! Quickly...she's a keeper.

jmorris
06-27-2015, 06:33 PM

Unless she bought it and you ruined the suprise.

Tactical Lever
06-27-2015, 06:47 PM
She's got no claim on your money, or hobbies. She's just a part-timer!

Better think it over a good while before offering a permanent position. :coffee:

tazman
06-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Congratulations on the new piece of equipment, enjoy!

In regards to the women in our lives (or were before they discovered our other passion). I guess about the only argument I've ever used is pretty simple when the wife learns of a new firearm/casting purchase she isn't happy about.

"Well baby, it's kind of like this. Yes I did need/want another (insert item here) even though I have ONE. Now, lets go to your closet. Hummmm, sugar...I see 7 pair of black shoes alone. I can understand 1 or 2 of course, flats & heels. But why all the rest? Did you really need them? Now, those are shoes (or purses) and they'll wear out eventually. Steel and wood doesn't. :)

Murphy
My experience has been that in her mind, your type of logic/comparisons don't apply to her stuff, only to someone else's. Double standard of course.

Ausglock
06-27-2015, 11:16 PM
Mark X... Nice.. Have 2 of them.
Currently playing with a motor drive for them.
No more pulling the handle.

Fishman
06-27-2015, 11:58 PM
Suggestion: Don't take relationship advice from old guys on a casting forum. Most are past worrying about the opposite sex except what she is making for dinner.

rockrat
06-28-2015, 12:05 AM
My wife has given up on buying things for me for birthdays,fathers day, ect. Seems like once she makes up her mind to buy me something and gets it, I get the same notion in my head and buy it for myself!! Fathers day, she bough me one of the small 4 motor drones. I just got back from a trip and guess what I pulled out of the truck, telling her it just "popped into my head" to get it. Gotta stop reading her mind. I never seem to be able to do it when things would be in MY favor.

fatelk
06-28-2015, 12:21 AM
You could just tell her it was free: regular price was double what you paid and it was on sale for half price, so you just bought it with the money you saved. :)

CLAYPOOL
06-28-2015, 12:28 AM
What is it...?

Ausglock
06-28-2015, 01:05 AM
Casting machine manually operated. 4 molds on a rotor.

Geraldo
06-28-2015, 08:15 AM
Suggestion: Don't take relationship advice from old guys on a casting forum. Most are past worrying about the opposite sex except what she is making for dinner.

Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it. I've been married 25 years, and my wife and I have never had jealousy or anger over what the other buys. If a relationship is based on power over the other (I'm going to be mad if you buy/do whatever, or control what you do/buy) it is doomed to at least be a miserable relationship. That's a fact, jack.

starnbar
06-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Been married since 71 and she doesn't say anything about what I bring home or get delivered neither do I.

lightman
06-28-2015, 09:05 AM
I like the new toy! I'm not going to offer any advice on relationships, you already have plenty. Show us some pictures when you get it up and running.

trapper9260
06-28-2015, 09:21 AM
For me I do not have any GF or wife yet and if I do ,they have alot to just make it in the door to just stay alittle while. There is just too many thing for them to live up to but to me they are simple.But for some that is too hard for them.That is a nice thing you got there looking to see more about it.

Mumblypeg
06-28-2015, 09:47 AM
As the original post said.... Who cares? Enjoy yourself...... your money, your stuff.

pretzelxx
06-28-2015, 10:20 AM
There's more to women than if they get mad at you when you buy reloading equipment. The real problems start when they get mad for you buying guns.
Still haven't found out what's more to them. But some day I'm sure I will!

Great buy, I'm looking into getting the Hornady AP as my next big buy and automating it

EDG
06-28-2015, 10:45 AM
That is exactly why you should take the advice - so you can get past worrying about them. Many add NOTHING to your life - they only take.

Handloader109
06-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Take some advise, you said she was a girlfriend, keep her that way. She has no claims on you or your stuff.......

fatelk
06-28-2015, 12:11 PM
Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it. I've been married 25 years, and my wife and I have never had jealousy or anger over what the other buys. If a relationship is based on power over the other (I'm going to be mad if you buy/do whatever, or control what you do/buy) it is doomed to at least be a miserable relationship. That's a fact, jack.

There's truth in that. I have a friend who likes to buy expensive toys for himself, but then his wife gets jealous and runs out to buy something equally expensive for herself.

They're still married, but I think they have some serious debt issues.

thegatman
06-28-2015, 12:26 PM
Amen brother.

fatelk
06-28-2015, 12:31 PM
Take some advise, you said she was a girlfriend, keep her that way. She has no claims on you or your stuff.......

Depends on what kind of girlfriend she is. "Girlfriend" can mean anything from going steady for a couple weeks, to living together for 30 years and having grandkids.

roysha
06-28-2015, 12:32 PM
After 51 years, mine just says, "Ya got another package I can't move, and it looks like rain".

Are you married to my wife?

9w1911
06-28-2015, 12:50 PM
My girlfriend is very good about it, I get scolded because she and I both try to run our own businesses so money is always tight for us. If I had the money I could get whatever. Little things can go long ways to, for example: I fixed everything if hers I ruined this year, left an allen key on one of her cool trendy 50's era table, somehow I spilled a beer and that table was stained with an allen key impression. Little sanding, little linseed oil, cannot ever tell. then I sanded and painted her outdoor trendy old chairs, and i am tuning and powder coating some of her vintage bikes!!
I told her to Google everything in the safe when I die so she can sell it for the right prices and I need to get her a MKII .22.

Powder raises an eye brow because I ordered a case from GiBRass a while back and the UPS guy told her that was the largest box of powder he had ever delivered. That kinda clued her in.

Blanco
06-28-2015, 01:01 PM
Is that a turbocharger on the side or a worklight?
Either way really nice furnace!

Handloader109
06-29-2015, 08:52 AM
Depends on what kind of girlfriend she is. "Girlfriend" can mean anything from going steady for a couple weeks, to living together for 30 years and having grandkids. Oh, I know, but if you are keeping her around :bigsmyl2:long enough to make kids and them have kids, you really should make it permanent.

opos
06-29-2015, 10:00 AM
My Wife is a MEGA collector of antique glass ware...it's in display cabinets all over the house and she has a room crammed packed with shelves and files of her "hobby stuff"...The garage and my "lair" are mine...I have the shooting hobby but my main "garage filler" is a collection of antique hit and miss engines I've restored over the years..her stuff needs dusting and my stuff is rusty so our nick names are "Rusty and Dusty"...we don't even look when the UPS guy or Fed ex shows up and we don't question what the other is doing....we each have our "play money" stash and that's where the monitary tie ends on hobbies....I think antique glassware is just odd and she thinks old engines are filthy so we get along great...143144

GARD72977
06-29-2015, 12:35 PM
Is that a turbocharger on the side or a worklight?
Either way really nice furnace!

Dual fans. Its a 4 mold machine. Im really excited about getting it going. Have to do some wiring in the shop I don't have 220v yet. Its set up for 9mm 147 FP with no lube grove. Im serious about shooting IDPA and need more ammo!

6mm win lee
06-29-2015, 04:47 PM
My Wife is a MEGA collector of antique glass ware...it's in display cabinets all over the house and she has a room crammed packed with shelves and files of her "hobby stuff"...The garage and my "lair" are mine...I have the shooting hobby but my main "garage filler" is a collection of antique hit and miss engines I've restored over the years..her stuff needs dusting and my stuff is rusty so our nick names are "Rusty and Dusty"...we don't even look when the UPS guy or Fed ex shows up and we don't question what the other is doing....we each have our "play money" stash and that's where the monitary tie ends on hobbies....I think antique glassware is just odd and she thinks old engines are filthy so we get along great...143144

I've got to get one of those John Deeres to angry up the neighbors.

NavyVet1959
06-29-2015, 05:29 PM
We're lucky enough to be in a financial situation where money is not a concern. Houses, cars, and "toys" are all paid off, so it's pretty nice. I don't ask my wife how much she spends on her hobby trips and such and I try to get my new "stuff" in the gun safe or garage as soon as possible so she doesn't notice the additions. :)

I really would like to get a lathe, but I have a feeling she might notice if something like a Hendey 14x102 showed up in the garage:

http://i58.tinypic.com/ouo106.jpg

Hmmm... For some reason the embedded img link wasn't working...

Ausglock
06-29-2015, 11:24 PM
Ha. My missus asked why I had 3 Drill presses. One is a pedestal drill, the other is a bench drill press the other is a Mill.

fatelk
06-30-2015, 12:39 AM
Oh, I know, but if you are keeping her around :bigsmyl2:long enough to make kids and them have kids, you really should make it permanent.

You're preachin' to the choir there- my wife and I were married four months from the day we met. Some folks have a different perspective though...

NavyVet, I would LOVE to sneak a lathe and a mill into my garage too. I'd need a much bigger garage!

bruce381
06-30-2015, 01:28 AM
""Girlfried is pissed"" they all are at some time or another, find one thats gets over it fast and marry her

Big Dog
07-01-2015, 03:30 PM

some nice metal there, lister types, peters types .............

John Allen
07-01-2015, 04:39 PM
oh boy, I would love to have one myself.

Moonie
07-02-2015, 09:56 AM
I think my wife and I have turned a corner. We bought her a car recently, then the next day she bought me a shotgun, on fathers day.

3006guns
07-09-2015, 11:48 PM
We're lucky enough to be in a financial situation where money is not a concern. Houses, cars, and "toys" are all paid off, so it's pretty nice. I don't ask my wife how much she spends on her hobby trips and such and I try to get my new "stuff" in the gun safe or garage as soon as possible so she doesn't notice the additions. :)

I really would like to get a lathe, but I have a feeling she might notice if something like a Hendley 14x102 showed up in the garage:

Hmmm... For some reason the embedded img link wasn't working...

That's "Hendey"............no "L". I have a 1920 16 x 6 that I restored and use almost daily. This is my fifth antique lathe in twenty years and my wife has LONG since given up arguing the point! :)

Geezer in NH
07-12-2015, 03:24 PM
take it from an old codger, if your girlfriend is pissed because you bought this, don't make her your wife.yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10sandxs
07-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Take heart... my wife bought me an expensive shotgun for christmass after she asked me to take a job with less travel and i did... when she learned how much a box of shells costs, and hiw much i shoot, I got an RCBS Grand for christmas the following year.

Point is, there are good women out there. But they need to be treated with respect and communicated with, not treated as disposable items.

GARD72977
07-13-2015, 07:06 PM
oh boy, I would love to have one myself.

I would be happy just having the stuff you have misplaced

NavyVet1959
07-14-2015, 05:57 AM
I would be happy just having the stuff you have misplaced

I suspect that more than a few of us have made the mistake of buying a reloading tool / die / mold that we already had, but didn't realize it.

Or is that just me? :)

Lead Fred
07-14-2015, 07:28 AM
I make the money, I help spend the money

I showed her the Ruger Blackhawk I just picked up. Then I showed what they cost online.
Then I told her I got it for $300.
She said I was a good shopper

Geraldo
07-14-2015, 07:33 AM
Take heart... my wife bought me an expensive shotgun for christmass after she asked me to take a job with less travel and i did... when she learned how much a box of shells costs, and hiw much i shoot, I got an RCBS Grand for christmas the following year.

Point is, there are good women out there. But they need to be treated with respect and communicated with, not treated as disposable items.

I broke my dominant hand years ago and a friend invited me to a long range rifle match to relieve the boredom. I didn't have much .308 match loaded, and my wife offered to help me load some. I had her start trimming cases with my old RCBS crank trimmer and I don't think she got to five before she asked, "Is this how you always do this?" I said yes. The she asked if there wasn't anything better or faster. Again I said yes, but it ain't cheap. She just said, "Get one of your reloading catalogs." That's how I came to be the owner of an electric RCBS trimmer and case prep unit.

mold maker
07-14-2015, 09:19 AM
After 51 years, my wife is glad for me to spend time in the cave.
I think grateful is more the term I was looking for. We communicate well, but already know the others feelings on most subjects.
It is nice not to owe, except for taxes and everyday necessities. Neither of us care what the other spends, within reason, or on what. If there is a big ticket item involved we check with each other, but mostly to make sure a money transfer isn't needed.
Don't get me wrong, we're not wealthy, just comfortable living within our means.
If your just starting out, make sure your comfortable with your proposed mate for life. That includes trust with financial matters. If you can't respect your mates choices now, KEEP LOOKING.

crowbuster
07-15-2015, 10:39 PM
wifes dad was a state champion trap shooter when I met her. She learned to count putting his reloaded 12ga shells in the box as he loaded them. Shes a great shot as well. Loves to eat and hunt deer and other critters. Yip. 18 yrs and counting. Wouldn't trade her for 3 normal gals. And she has her own safe for her own guns. Get ya a good one, I did on my 2nd try.

NoZombies
07-16-2015, 12:37 AM
Very nice machine.

I've been thinking about getting one for some of my volume casting, but here lately I've got zero time, and even the fastest manual machine doesn't do squat without a little time.

I actually have an automated casting machine sitting in storage, just needing rebuilt, but again, that time thing...

smokeywolf
07-16-2015, 01:12 AM
Mrs. smokeywolf says, if I want it then I must need it. That applies to everything; except other women.

NavyVet1959
07-16-2015, 09:31 AM
Mrs. smokeywolf says, if I want it then I must need it. That applies to everything; except other women.

So, she's saying that for other women, you don't have to need them in order to want them? :)

timtheartist
07-16-2015, 10:09 AM
I would take the girl shooting. Cowboy fast draw is a great ladies sport. No recoil and quiet. Half the guys in the local club have gotten their wives hooked. They even get to dress up in costumes.

If you take her to several female friendly shoots and she hates it then I would get worried.

Please don't do the dumb macho introduction a lot of guys make. Handing the gal a featherweight 44 mag with a hot load. I know so many guys who have done that (or similar) dumb move.

cliff55
07-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Amen to that. My wife did not want to shoot for that reason.
Took a long time but she does well now.
When she buys me clothes she worrys about my gun printing.
had to tease her about that. Been around me to long.
Lucky to have a good women

alamogunr
07-16-2015, 08:11 PM
We will have been married 49 years next Thursday. The only time she complains is when the brown truck pulls up and gets a signature for another C&R package. She does not understand the fascination with milsurps. Luckily(?) I have to go to the FFL to pick up modern guns. They go straight to the safe. Only come out when I can say; "That old thing. I've had it for years".

NavyVet1959
07-16-2015, 11:00 PM
If you can come home with a new gun and the first thing you do is go to her and show off your new gun, you've probably got a "keeper".

If you leave it in your truck until she goes to bed and then move it to your gun safe or if you sneak it back in by coming back from the gun range with more guns that you went there with, then either she's not a keeper or she understands the idea of "plausible deniability". My wife ignores how many guns I have and I ignore how many shoes she has. I will have to admit though, I'm better at concealing the number of my guns than she is at concealing the number of her shoes. I can walk throughout the entire house and not trip over one of my guns. The same cannot be said for her shoes. :)

zubrato
07-18-2015, 12:21 AM
lmao im like close to 3 pages deep in this thread and I dont think ive seen a single post about what the hell that actually is
thanks guys, i needed the laugh didn't expect it in this thread

waynem34
07-19-2015, 12:43 PM

Thats pretty good right thar.

mart
07-22-2015, 03:29 PM
If you two are living together and she pays the bills and the purchase put that process in jeopardy, I could see her being upset. If not, girlfriends don't have any right to be upset over the boyfriend's purchases any more than the boyfriend to be upset over the girlfriends purchases.

I agree with getting her involved. If she doesn't like your shooting or hunting now, it won't get better if you get married.

I knew I had a winner early in our relationship. I was working seasonally for the Forest Service and trapping full time in the winter. Coyotes were my main stay and I needed to start the last week of October and hit them hard till the first of the year. Due to unseasonably warm weather I was three weeks late getting laid off for the winter. I still had to catch those coyotes so I was trapping nights and working days and sleeping very little. My wife, (girlfriend at the time) went with me one night after work to check traps. We got home around midnight with a truckload of coyotes and I needed to get them skinned. She came out to the fur shed instead of going home and said, "if you'll show me how. I'll help you skin." I proposed right then. Didn't figure I'd ever get an offer like that again. We've been married almost 25 years. She doesn't hunt as much any more but still loves to shoot.