PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to S&W

quilbilly
06-26-2015, 06:52 PM
A few weeks back one of my older T/C Contender frames had a problem. The bushing that holds the two firing pins in place in front of the hammer came loose. It took a while to figure out what happened but the threads of the screw that holds that bushing in place somehow became stripped. In a email to S&W service I gave them the serial number of the frame and told them the problem and that I assumed the threads inside the bushing must be stripped as well. Three weeks later I received a package with the new bushing and the new screw. Given that the frame is almost 40 years old, I was worried the pars no longer existed or were unlikely to fit. They fit like a glove!!! Back to shooting!
BTW - It did take a few moments to realize that the rimfire firing pin looks different from the centerfire. Part of the learning curve.

Tatume
06-27-2015, 07:52 AM
That's really good news. Previous reports indicated the S&W will not supply parts, but required that the gun be shipped to them. Maybe they have come to the realization that this is better for everyone.

lowallman
06-30-2015, 05:06 PM
TC was great for parts. Hope S&W continues the tradition.