PDA

View Full Version : Midway Customer Service

SeabeeMan
06-25-2015, 10:11 PM
They are pretty much the best. I scored some 22 ammo the other day and to make the shipping not hurt so much, padded the order with 1000 Ranier Leadsafe 45 bullets to try out. When it got here, the box was torn open and somebody had taped it and drawn an arrow to keep it upright. More than half of the 22 ammo was gone and more than a third of the bullets were missing. I e-mailed Midway right away and simply stated the issue and asked what the best way to proceed was. I had a response within a half an hour that they were refunding me for the 22's (I could keep the rest) and they shipped me 400 replacement bullets. The refund already processed and I should have the replacement bullets Monday.

It is great to see that, especially as I deal with the opposite end of the spectrum with EP Armory. They signed for receiving my AR lower 6+ weeks ago and have been unreachable since. I'm about to call their local PD and file a stolen firearm report on the individual who signed for it and the owner who used to be in contact with me.

Bzcraig
06-25-2015, 11:23 PM
That is good to hear. For me, customer service is more important than price.

country gent
06-25-2015, 11:38 PM
I agree with the customer service being more important than price. Not just when something is wrong but also when questions need to be answered about a product. I always enjoyed doing buisness with OK Webbers, Champions choice, Champions SHooters supply and some other on comercial row at Perry. All were shooters and knew the products they were selling and the plusses and problems of them. Service and knowledge is very important aspect of a buisness. The local gun shop is going thru a transition and have afew new salespeople who are desk top comandos and can spew with the best. I doubt it going to make it thru the transition. Used to be I could go in and talk to the owner and get accurate correct answers and information. Now its hit or miss. Customer service not only encompasses shipping issues but information and other aspects.

SeabeeMan
06-26-2015, 12:03 AM
I 100% agree. There is nothing worse than getting wrong information or suspecting that the wool is being pulled over your eyes. It is amazing how simple honesty and a straight answer can make you comfortable enough to spend extra money you could have saved elsewhere.

Tackleberry41
06-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Midway never questions such things. I had a box disappear recently, USPS delivered it to the wrong city. Midway said if they don't fix it in a couple days, they will send out a replacement shipment. I got a box not long ago from them missing an item, no problem sent a replacement out that day.

Blanco
06-26-2015, 08:37 AM
I had a Midway package that USPS said was delivered that I never received.
It was a bit of a hassle dealing with the USPS and it took several months, but Midway made good on the order.
USPS insurance did pay Midway. I just had to do without a set of 7.62X54 dies for a while.

garym1a2
06-26-2015, 08:50 AM
I have always liked Midway return policy the best. When buying stuff I goto them first.

abqcaster
06-26-2015, 04:33 PM
they're great, alright! I got a defective mold from them and not only did they ship a replacement as soon as I told them I was returning the original, they refunded me the return postage cost.

tygar
06-26-2015, 05:38 PM
Glad to hear it. I also had good response from Midway on being shorted 1 out of 3 bricks of 22s I bought. They credited my account immediately.

On the other hand, Just had a problem with Natchez. Bought a good AR optic & the package didn't have instructions or warranty card. Called & they said they'd fix it. Well got the envelope from them today - wrong scope info & no card!

Now I have to deal with that.