PDA

View Full Version : stock work

wgr
06-23-2015, 11:23 PM
Guys i have a c sharps. i bought it with a cheek piece on it. problem is my right eye is going so ill need to shoot left handed. could the stock be reworked to take the cheek piece off are would you try and find a new stock.its semi. fancy wood. i would even trade some one for a stright stock no cheek piece.

Bent Ramrod
06-24-2015, 12:22 AM
I have a Shiloh with a right handed cheekpiece and right eye problems following eye surgery, so I have to shoot left handed also. What I did was to get one of those Cabela's lace-on leather comb heighteners, wet it good with Neatsfoot oil and cinch it onto the stock good and tight. It covers the cheekpiece, allows my cheek to contact the top of the stock better and sticks out enough on the right side for the side of my face to lightly contact the leather as a pseudo cheekpiece.

My rifle stock is the old fashioned design with a fair amount of drop in it. Cabela's has (IIRC) three heights it offers in these heighteners so I chose the tallest. If your stock is more straight back, a shorter height might be in order.

Other outfits sell versions of these positioners that are made to look like less of an add-on, but they are more expensive. But handsome is as handsome does.

Wayne Smith
06-24-2015, 02:16 PM
I'm willing to bet if you called the company they would accomodate you. Just have to send the rifle back for a left handed stock.