PDA

View Full Version : Anybody in the ministry?

tinhorn97062
06-23-2015, 11:31 AM
I was just curious to see how many folks, if any, were involved in some aspect of ministry- whether it be full time or part time.

juzme
06-24-2015, 06:35 AM
Yes. Semi-retired from pastorate that was my last type of ministry in a long, long series of different lay careers. Planted several churches. Still fill in at area pulpits and handle weddings and funerals fairly often.
Are you ordained or licensed?
PM if you desire any relevant discussion.

Newboy
06-24-2015, 08:05 AM
If you are a Christian, doing what God wants you to do, you ARE in full time ministry, regardless of your occupation.
IMP

mozeppa
06-24-2015, 08:48 AM
If you are a Christian, doing what God wants you to do, you ARE in full time ministry, regardless of your occupation.
IMP

yup !!

tinhorn97062
06-24-2015, 09:50 AM
I fully agree with the comments above. I was more specifically wondering if there were people who pastored churches, or are traveling ministers and such. Again...I was just curious. :-)

aspangler
06-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Ordained Independent Missionary Baptist preacher here. The Bible gives no stopping place for service.

skeettx
06-24-2015, 05:26 PM
Reserve Chaplain Randall County Jail.

Of course Sunday School, Kids Bible Study, AWANA, Vacation Bible School

www.casasporcristo.org
(http://www.casasporcristo.org)
Been over 10 times to Juarez

You, know, all the fun stuff :)

Mike

tinhorn97062
06-24-2015, 05:34 PM
My wife and I have spent time in youth and children's ministry, various outreach type stuff, as well as various things inside the church. I've got a particular love for reaching out to the ones who are cast aside by others. I've got a simple philosophy, and it is that "people can be restored". Galatians 6:1 is still true.

I really enjoy seeing so many others who are actively serving the Lord, along with actively pursuing such a fun hobby as "boolits".

Bad Water Bill
06-24-2015, 06:44 PM
At the moment our own missionary is very busy o top of a mountain in Peru.

Mike please step up and tell us when you will be back in Illinois for another 6 mo visit.

EMC45
06-25-2015, 04:45 PM
I have been tapped a few times to fill in preach locally. Also work with the boys at church with the Royal Rangers program as a commander. Wife is a commander as well. I pray everyday that God would use me where He sees fit, let my words be His and let my behavior glorify the Kingdom. I am not ordained, nor have I had any seminary training. I have sat under some good preaching and some bad. Discernment and prayer led me to where I am now in my walk.

WRideout
06-28-2015, 06:49 AM
My wife and I have spent time in youth and children's ministry, various outreach type stuff, as well as various things inside the church. I've got a particular love for reaching out to the ones who are cast aside by others. I've got a simple philosophy, and it is that "people can be restored". Galatians 6:1 is still true.

I really enjoy seeing so many others who are actively serving the Lord, along with actively pursuing such a fun hobby as "boolits".

I completed seminary when I was in my 50's, which allowed me to cut my salary in half. Although I am not ordained, I do pulpit supply preaching every now and then, and have volunteered in jail. For the past seven years, I have been serving with Prison Aftercare Ministry in Butler, PA an organization that I helped to found. I too have a passion for serving the last and the least. In my day job, I am a social worker.

Wayne

Preacher Jim
07-09-2015, 12:03 PM
pastor a church and run a ministry to homeless and food ministry. oh and i consider myself retired.
Preacher Jim

Char-Gar
07-09-2015, 12:39 PM
I am a retired United Methodist Ordained Elder and pastored churches full time for 37 years.

357tex
07-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Retired baptist pastor.We started a home church now that I cannot get around much any more.

Bzcraig
07-21-2015, 09:45 AM
Have been an associate pastor but am currently a full time police chaplain.

tinhorn97062
07-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Retired baptist pastor.We started a home church now that I cannot get around much any more.

haha...does a Baptist Pastor ever really "retire"? [smilie=l:

357tex
07-27-2015, 02:30 AM
Tinhorn you are right never do,just slow way down.But I do have more time to study,and pray.