PDA

View Full Version : Bucket o' bullets on Midway

SeabeeMan
06-23-2015, 10:00 AM
Just like it says, 80.99 for the bucket o' bullets as of now. I know there are mixed reviews of these but if you have issues, just think of it as free immediate action training pre-packaged with your 22 rounds.

Hardcast416taylor
06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
One of these buckets just sold on an on line auction near me for $186.00! In months past there have been other buckets sold on the site with prices ranging from $145.00 and going up to a high of $190.00! I guess if you want `em you`ll pay dearly for `em!Robert

Speedo66
06-23-2015, 10:54 AM
Thanks, but they're gone.

I was in the middle of ordering, had it in my cart, and they ran out and removed it before I finished the ordering process.

By the way, shipping was an additional $13.

bangerjim
06-23-2015, 11:32 AM
Forget 22's. Light load all your other ammo. Too many scalpers trying to flip these on those evil web sties! Should be illegal.

banger

SeabeeMan
06-23-2015, 01:42 PM
I grabbed some other stuff off my always-full wishlists to offset shipping and make it a real order.

I just looked on one of the sites and there are bids at $100 easily. Prices like those will turn an honest man into a "scalper." When the SS109/M855 scare hit, I just happened to be shopping for 223 bullets while I was reading about it that morning. I grabbed a few thousand of the little buggers at something like $55/500. That next week I had a guy offer me well over double that. I wasn't even trying to sell them, but who's going to turn down an opportunity to double or triple their money.

Take that story, tell it word of mouth a few times at the bar or online, and I'm no longer a guy who sold something to a very willing (and happy) buyer. Suddenly, I'm a scalper taking advantage of desperate individual in a dire situation brought about by a nefarious assault on our 2nd amendment rights.

MUSTANG
06-23-2015, 05:39 PM
I grabbed some other stuff off my always-full wishlists to offset shipping and make it a real order.

I just looked on one of the sites and there are bids at $100 easily. Prices like those will turn an honest man into a "scalper." When the SS109/M855 scare hit, I just happened to be shopping for 223 bullets while I was reading about it that morning. I grabbed a few thousand of the little buggers at something like $55/500. That next week I had a guy offer me well over double that. I wasn't even trying to sell them, but who's going to turn down an opportunity to double or triple their money.

Take that story, tell it word of mouth a few times at the bar or online, and I'm no longer a guy who sold something to a very willing (and happy) buyer. Suddenly, I'm a scalper taking advantage of desperate individual in a dire situation brought about by a nefarious assault on our 2nd amendment rights.

20 years ago I slowly built up a large cache of 22LR's. Each month buying a couple of bricks of 500/550 at the local Wally World as I would pass by the pallet. Today I use them when the grand kids are in town or I let the local kids shoot the 22's. If I decide to let a portion of that cache go at "MARKET" prices; am I a scalper? What constitutes a scalper, and how can one recognize the scalpers from those reducing their holdings collected in the past? To avoid being a "SCALPER" does one have to sell "BELOW MARKET VALUE"? Am I obligated to sell at the prices I paid 20 years ago in order not too be accused of scalping; or must I try to calculate the inflation rate over 20 years to set a "JUST PRICE" adjusted for inflation? Just some thoughts running through my head on what constitutes "SCALPING".

dilly
06-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Forget 22's. Light load all your other ammo. Too many scalpers trying to flip these on those evil web sties! Should be illegal.

banger

I don't care if they do it but I think it's tax fraud if they're buying with the intent to resell, making a profit and not paying taxes. What do you want to bet those scalpers are dealing under the table as much as possible? Why should honest businesses have to compete with tax evaders?

SeabeeMan
06-23-2015, 08:28 PM
I don't care if they do it but I think it's tax fraud if they're buying with the intent to resell, making a profit and not paying taxes. What do you want to bet those scalpers are dealing under the table as much as possible? Why should honest businesses have to compete with tax evaders?

Is that not what is going on with most of the private party tables at gun shows, which is where most of this "scalping" goes on? Obviously the businesses that are set up are most likely running things above board and paying their taxes, but I can't imagine that most of those guys are just liquidating past private purchases.

Back on topic...Midway seems to be getting more and more 22lr in at their usually fair prices. Those product notification e-mails are awesome! Now if I could just find some reasonable 22WMR.

Bonz
06-23-2015, 08:42 PM
every time that I go into Gander Mountain, I buy a couple of CCI MiniMag for $7.99 a 100

jonp
06-24-2015, 01:11 PM
CDNN has the buckets in stock for $150.00.

Springfield
06-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Palmetto Armory had some 40 grain standard velocity last week so I ordered and they shipped 1000 of them to me. I have enough hi-speed plated hollowpoints, need the regular stuff for my kids Cowboy Action shooting.