PDA

View Full Version : Iver Johnson .38 revolver topbreak with MANUAL extractor....help

Shanghai Dad
06-21-2015, 04:58 PM
I need your expertise on identifying an Iver Johnson Breaktop Revolver. This particular pistol has a MANUAL shell extractor rather than an automatic like all of the others that I have seen. Here are the other particulars:
5-shot Revolver .38 S&W 4" barrel Blued
Double latch
"H" Serial number 96107 The "H" is only present on the bottom of the trigger guard. It is not present on the pistol grip frame.
No patent pending numbers on the rib. Only Iver Johnson name and Fitchburg, MA info.
Grips not original so no "owl"
Double Action
Free Wheeling cylinder when open
Can you help me with any information about this gun...date manufactured, general info., value?

Geezer in NH
06-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Define and show pics of the manual extractor

Shanghai Dad
06-23-2015, 11:52 PM
Geezer-here are a few pics of extractor. It is a normal spring loaded manual extractor. Any thoughts on model? Thanks

Gunor
06-24-2015, 12:55 AM
Coil spring main spring is suppose to be the 3rd model

shorty500M
06-24-2015, 05:56 AM
Know ZERO aout them really except that i recently repaired the .22 version for a local shop. Was a nice little piece in great shape EXCEPT for missing ejector rod and spring. Springs are available @Numrich but rod aren't. Turned out a 6mm rod of what i guessed to be a functional length, drilled and tapped one end to match the #6-40 threads on extractor and scrounged thru my miscellanious springs til functioned properly

Geraldo
06-24-2015, 08:02 AM
These are old threads but if you dig through them you can find SN and patent date info.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/need-info-on-iver-johnson-hammerless-revolver.28349/

Shanghai Dad
06-25-2015, 10:44 AM
These are old threads but if you dig through them you can find SN and patent date info.

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/threads/need-info-on-iver-johnson-hammerless-revolver.28349/

Thanks Gerado! Your suggested link got me a little closer. Narrowed down to Third Model issued in 1923. Still haven't read or found any information on a manual extractor model. Anyone out there have a Goforth book and willing to look into this for me? Thanks