PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Super Redhawk .454 Casull

jrayborn
06-20-2015, 09:46 PM
I have the Super Redhawk Alaskan, and really want to get the 7.5 inch barrel version now. Prices and availability are all over the place. I was just about to hit the buy button at Bud's but they just went out of stock :(

Anyone have dealings with Kentucky Gun Company? Or maybe some other idea's?

Thanks.

paralaska
06-21-2015, 02:22 AM
I have both the SRH .454 in the 7 1/2 in and the SRH Toklat (5 in) .454. They are both good guns. I've a scope on the long one for hunting, but find that for woods carry, the Toklat is easier and shoots just as well. Most gun stores, Cabelas, Bass Pro, and even Wall Mart up here carry one or both, and you're looking at about $899 to $999. Have you looked locally? It doesn't really matter where you buy it . . . A Ruger is a Ruger. I'd look a few places and go with the best price. After your purchase . . . You're always gonna find it somewhere else cheaper . . .

jrayborn
06-21-2015, 07:03 AM
Ha ha! Yes, story of my life! :)

I was thinking maybe I wanted the Toklat as well, but I suspect I will like the longer barrel. Besides I can always make it shorter...

Cornbread
06-21-2015, 11:03 AM
I have use Kentucky Gun company once. I bought a BFR in 454 Casull from them. They shipped to my FFL in a timely manner after I had my FFL fax them his info. I know it is only one transaction so it's probably not sufficient enough info to base your decision on but for what it is worth I had a good transaction with them and I would use them again.

jrayborn
06-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Thank you for your info, it certainly helps!