PDA

View Full Version : Smoke signals ?

GOPHER SLAYER
06-20-2015, 01:52 PM
Two hills to jump before it gets to me.

Wayne Smith
06-20-2015, 03:30 PM
I'd have all the important stuff packed and ready to go!

runfiverun
06-20-2015, 03:40 PM
packed?
I'd be movin some stuff to a storage unit...

Digger
06-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Be a good Idea to have the basics down for an exit ...
Looks like it is making it's way east with the usual winds at the moment but still some pretty steep country before your area there G Slayer ..
Darn fires can move real fast just when they think they have a handle on it.
Looks like it will have to take out my old grade school stomping grounds there in Forest Falls south of it , at the foot of Mt. San Gorgornio before it gets your way maybe .. beautiful canyon up there.
This year is really bad for conditions all around as things are drier yet .
Do hope they can take care of it before too long , where is that fire bombing 747 when you need it ?
Latest from the forestry
Link:
http://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/4302/

waksupi
06-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Yep, that is close enough I would have things packed that I needed, and be moving as much away as possible. A good wind could push an ember a mile, and make it look like a whole different ball game, real quick.
It's terribly dry here, all of the rain has been by-passing me. June is usually the wettest month here. I doubt there has been a quarter inch of rain so far, and none in the forecast. I've already talked to friends in town about parking items on their property if it becomes necessary.

MaryB
06-21-2015, 04:01 AM
Hope they get things under control! Minnesota now requires roof sprinklers up in the forested areas on new construction.

bob208
06-21-2015, 11:52 AM
last night we had a 30 mi. detour getting home. because of flooded roads.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-21-2015, 12:35 PM
Two years ago a policeman knocked on my door and told me I had twenty minutes to get out. I quickly crammed several pistols in a large briefcase while my wife grabbed the photo albums and a change of clothes. I had no time to pack rifles and I didn't even get all my handguns. We spent the night in a motel along with the neighbors. Fortunately the fire fighters got control of the fire before it burned the hill behind us.

Digger
06-21-2015, 08:19 PM
Here too ... Just south of Markleville Calif. , some beautiful country going up in smoke .