PDA

View Full Version : SKS Triger Job

kungfustyle
06-18-2015, 11:30 PM
I've had my SKS since the late 80's or so and love the thing. Got a tech sight for it and man it makes a good thing better. Now for the trigger, can anyone recommend where to get a trigger job? Mine is very rough and I would like to get the thing smoothed out. Thanks, Jeff

Frank46
06-19-2015, 12:53 AM
There is a gent on the gunboards.com forum who goes by the name of kivari who does trigger jobs on the sks. Might try looking in the vendors section or posting in the gunsmithing one. haven't used him for my sks but from what I've heard he does good work. Hope this helps. Frank

wrench
06-19-2015, 10:58 AM
Here you go...http://www.kivaari.com/

He did a trigger for me years ago, was greatly improved.

Yodogsandman
06-19-2015, 11:40 AM
Now there's a rifle that just begs for a "drop in" trigger group replacement! Why don't manufacturers' realize this and make one? They make replacement everythings for these rifles except "drop in" triggers.

timspawn
06-19-2015, 03:30 PM
Now there's a rifle that just begs for a "drop in" trigger group replacement! Why don't manufacturers' realize this and make one? They make replacement everythings for these rifles except "drop in" triggers.

It would probably cost more than the rifle.

kungfustyle
06-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Thank you wrench for the info and Yodosandman, it would be great to have a drop in US made trigger group to settle the 922r compliance and get a better trigger.

1johnlb
06-19-2015, 04:50 PM
I've wanted one of the tech sights for a while. Glad to hear they work so well.

dkf
06-20-2015, 07:14 PM
On my dads SKS trigger I just disassembled it, cleaned it good, polished the parts by hand with a rag/polish and installed a reduced power sear spring from Murrays. Doing this just smoothed out the trigger and made the pull slightly lighter. Didn't cost much of anything and I figured it would compliment the other Murrays parts I bought him.

spfd1903
06-20-2015, 09:02 PM
Wolff's makes a spring set for SKS triggers, or did a couple years ago. I replaced the springs on a Norinco and a Romanian then. Made a noticeable difference and was not expensive.

Tackleberry41
06-21-2015, 08:29 AM
Well at one time a drop in trigger would have been more than the rifle, SKS prices are up a bit now. It would probably require someone to redesign it, get the mag catch to not be part of the trigger, and yea cost a few bucks. But you never know, I bought a mauser trigger for all of $50, while one for a mosin is $100, yet an AR is usually closer to $200.

I had good luck just doing one of the online do it yourself trigger jobs. The parts are generally really rough, just polishing the internals made a noticeable difference.