View Full Version : negative results with Lee 7.5 MAS dies..

bushka
03-23-2008, 12:33 AM
negative results with Lee 7.5 MAS dies..

using Graf brass,I skipped the initial sizing,fired for effect,and,went to use the sizer for the first time and SCRAPPO,4 BUCKLED NECKS.
Me say ***??, so start measuring,etc. tried sizing a couple without the decapper,jst
to process of elimination.measured the fired cases,they are okay.
Managed to size one veerrry slowwlllyyy,and looks like the neck was cut using the .280 reamer.the decap sizer checks out at .307" .

Well um, shall I send them back to Lee??, or,have my wire edm man open the neck
to the proper size to get a custom fit?? [cheapest route=free].

question is,what would be the correct size?

[me thinks case wall=.015" x 2= .030"+ .307" = .337"], fired case is about .345"

experts???????

crazy mark
03-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Send them back to lee with the mangled cases and a note. I hope you are lubing the cases before you size them. I use Lee dies for my 36 and 49/56 with-out any problems. I even used them to resize 6.5 x 55 brass for 7.5 before the Graf's brass showed up. Mark

Buckshot
03-23-2008, 03:18 AM
negative results with Lee 7.5 MAS dies..
question is,what would be the correct size?

[me thinks case wall=.015" x 2= .030"+ .307" = .337"], fired case is about .345"

experts???????

If that is what the caseneck mikes loaded then that looks fine for a military rifle. The caseneck ID for use with jacketed bullets should be about .004" under the bullets OD for a good grip. For a cast boolit it's be more like -.002" the boolit OD.

...............Buckshot

bushka
03-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Yep, had my wire edm co worker open up the neck portion of the sizer die
to .334 to be safe,and we got sized brass!
still a two handed effort,using the rcbs partner press/imperial lube,
but not like before.
Alot cheaper than postage back to Lee on a 14.00 part.

still have a question as to what neck I>D> the [.308"cal] die should make BEFORE the sizing rod passes thru??