PDA

View Full Version : Bullshop bullet lube

Frank V
06-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Anyone using Bullshop Bullet lube?
I met him at a gun show last Sat. & he claims his lube is great.
Anyone using it? He's just down the road from me & I'm thinking about giving his lube a try.
He said he was on this site, but haven't seen him. I need to do a search.
Thanks.

bhn22
06-17-2015, 10:24 PM
He was on this site, but my understanding is that he doesn't come here anymore.

RobS
06-17-2015, 10:36 PM
He's not part of the forum at the moment. His lubes have been a good product. His Speed Green and Lotak lubes have been proven.

Speed Green works well in low temps to moderate temps and is an all around performer. Lotak lube is harder, less tacky used for higher pressures/velocities and warmer temps.

Since he is just down the road talk with him about things.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/member.php?141-Bullshop

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-17-2015, 11:05 PM
Bullshop has been permanently Banned from this forum.

With that said, I've used two of his lubes.

Speed Green is soft and tacky. When using this lube, I found it difficult to keep my fingers clean while handling the boolits while sizing as well as while loading ammo. I'd get sticky finger prints on the brass, which is a pain to Cleanup. I don't like that messiness. But, it did perform well in the gun.

Lotak is much better to handle, but needs heat to run through a Lubesizer. Performs just as good as Speed Green.

Wayne Smith
06-18-2015, 12:16 PM
his sprue plate lube (Bullplate) is great stuff. I use it to make Speed Green.

John Allen
06-18-2015, 12:39 PM
I have used his lubes and like them.

gpidaho
06-18-2015, 12:55 PM
I miss Dan's posts, Jr's not so much. Sorry the money thing and lack of following forum rules got him banned. GP

bangerjim
06-18-2015, 01:01 PM
For sprue & pin lube, use regular old 2 cycle motor oil (the blue stuff) you get at Walmart in those little bottles. A bottle will last you a lifetime!

Since it is for 2 cycle engines, it has a MUCH HIGER volatility rate than normal engine oil.

I use it with great success. I put it in an old hypodermic syringe (with ground-off square needle point) and drip it where I need it in tiny measured amounts.

banger

TCFAN
06-18-2015, 02:16 PM
I have one of my Lyman 450's set up with Speed Green. I have used it on some 22 cast as well as some 38 wadcutters.It seems to me about the same as BAC which is my go to boolit lube.Speed Green might be a little more smokey than BAC or 2500+ or 50-50. Other than that I don't see much difference...........................Terry

Butchman205
06-18-2015, 03:23 PM
So what'd he do to get banned?

randyrat
06-18-2015, 06:28 PM
If you were told we would have to kill ya:D

I can't say anything bad about Dan and his lube. He used to buy a lot of beeswax from me and I would do it again if he asked. He is a God fearing man that knows how to shoot.
The speed green has been shot to CRAZY velocities with good luck, I think it was over 3,000ft/sec.
Just as we talked about before, all the lubes that are made, are made for a purpose. Speed Green was made for speed not low smoke or handling it.
I made TAC1 for moderate to high speed, low smoke, cold weather if needed and still nice to handle, low toxicity, pleasant odor.

runfiverun
06-18-2015, 08:47 PM
He asked to be removed from the forum.
his lubes work, Dan ain't prone to lying.

Frank V
06-19-2015, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone. He seemed honest at the gun show & he did mention this forum. So since I belong I thought I'd ask if some have used his lubes. Seems like they would be worth a try.
I appreciate the replies.

No_1
06-19-2015, 12:22 PM
His lube is just as good if not better than any other high quality lube.

Bad Water Bill
06-19-2015, 01:07 PM
Dan's sprue plate lube was the first I ever heard of and it works great.

To bad he uses ROUND BOTTOMED containers to store it in.:bigsmyl2:

NoAngel
06-19-2015, 02:29 PM
Thanks everyone. He seemed honest at the gun show & he did mention this forum. So since I belong I thought I'd ask if some have used his lubes. Seems like they would be worth a try.
I appreciate the replies.

He IS honest and I order from his regularly. He sells some very nice cast bullets and some very good 70g rebated boatail swaged .224 as well.

Grump
06-20-2015, 12:49 AM
[snip]
The speed green has been shot to CRAZY velocities with good luck, I think it was over 3,000ft/sec.
Just as we talked about before, all the lubes that are made, are made for a purpose. Speed Green was made for speed not low smoke or handling it.
I made TAC1 for moderate to high speed, low smoke, cold weather if needed and still nice to handle, low toxicity, pleasant odor.

Reminds me of why we have chocolate and vanilla, just with a utilitarian bent on this subject.

Then there's the now moribund Extreme Lube Quest, one lube to do it all, probably one winner mix and the ringleaders appear to have gone into lube alchemy rehab for now.

cajun shooter
06-20-2015, 08:04 AM
Dan and his wife Tina are the two finest people you could have as friends and I consider them both as such. Dan's Bullplate Sprue Lube is the best a person could use, many people have touted using other products but I prefer to do business with friends. I buy my Bullplate in lots of ten for many reasons.
About 8 years ago I was spilling much more than I was using until I took a piece of 2x4 about 4 inches long and cut the diameter of the bottle out the center of it. It works great, no more spills, I posted a article about this many years ago.
If you are a BP shooter and not using Dan's NASA lube, you are cheating yourself. Dan and I have discussed it being tacky when used in area's like Louisiana and other southern climate's. The cure for this is very simple and easy to do when you are making up your sticks of NASA for the sizer if you use this method as I do. I add small amounts of Carnauba Flakes that I purchased from Randy Rat, another very fine forum member. I add a Lee .07 powder dipper to add about 3 of them to every 4 ounces of NASA and it works great for me. No More Tacky Lube to handle and the best accuracy of any other lube used by me.
Just remember that Carnauba is a very hard wax product and to use it in small amounts until you find what works with your needs. The flakes will also work with Dan's other lubes and many fine lubes have it as an ingredient because of it's results with the bores of guns it's used in. Later David

L Ross
06-24-2015, 09:57 PM
Dan's NASA black powder lube solved all of my issues with black powder. It is the best pan lube I have ever tried and works just fine for handgun loads.

Duke

Frank V
06-25-2015, 08:41 PM
I want to thank everyone for their replies.
He showed a nice .41 cal bullet WFP 230grs GC. I am thinking about as well as some of his lube.