PDA

View Full Version : See the Funny LIttle Clown

DCP
06-17-2015, 11:51 AM
It’s been a very tough week for my wife. Chemo is taking its toll. I want to cry for her, but I must be strong for her. She is quite the woman. Some of the things she has gone through and some people have not at all been fair to her at all. With Gods help she will make it through this. Till then I will keep her laughing. It reminds of of a song. Bobby Goldsboro - See the Funny LIttle Clown

spotsboss
06-17-2015, 12:09 PM
DCP,
Hold fast to that attitude and to your faith and the suffering will being you closer to each other and to God. This is how is was meant to be.

JonB_in_Glencoe
06-17-2015, 12:18 PM
It's a tough thing to watch a loved one go through something like this.
My thoughts and prayers to your family.

RED333
06-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Praying for yall Bro

badbob454
06-17-2015, 10:19 PM
in my prayers my friend

Bzcraig
06-17-2015, 10:37 PM
She is your first ministry but please don't think crying with her or for her is a sign of weakness! Praying as well.

trails4u
06-17-2015, 11:30 PM
FWIW.....my mother has done chemo twice, as a three time breast cancer survivor. They are rough years.....but I am witness, it can be done. Love her heart, she is as mean and feisty today as she's ever been!! Have hope, and love, and strength....there IS a happy ending!

Many thoughts and prayers your way!

Trails.

Blackwater
06-18-2015, 11:55 AM
As the Brits used to say, "keep a stiff upper lip" and just keep on loving her. Nobody in our lives is forever, including our own selves, and the realization of that is probably the greatest thing we can recognize in our relationships with all we love and know and even meet in life. We all have our time, and though we don't often understand why death always takes each of us in the end, it's what we DO while we HAVE this life that makes it all worthwhile, a poignantly educational experience, and determines what we experience on "the other side." Love never really goes away, even with death, should that be the lot we face, but merely changes in form, and we who believe in the afterlife know we probably couldn't understand or conceive of how it all works, really, we CAN have a little faith in what we've been told about it, and about the importance of how we conduct ourselves while we're here. Keep up the laughter. We can never get quite enough of it, but we have to try, and take up all we can get. And remember, "Unto everything there is a season." You're doing great. Just keep it up as best you can and know how, and it'll be rewarding for all time.

gpidaho
06-18-2015, 12:20 PM
I came through stage 4 throat cancer thanks to my old mommas prayers. Praying for your wife. GP

Wayne Smith
06-18-2015, 01:32 PM
I can't say it nearly as well as Blackwater, but I agree. Keep up hanging in there but be sure to make time for yourself, too. If we don't take care of ourselves we can't help others.

DCP
06-19-2015, 07:52 AM
Thanks to all for the prayers WE and I need them.
I lost it yesterday and not in a good way. But then again, her Dr. didn't hold back either. She was more diplomatic than I was.
She was almost admitted to the hospital for dehydration. She was given a IV that worked miracles.

USMC87
06-19-2015, 08:42 AM
I am praying for your wife and also for you to remain strong and keep GOD at the center of your life.

DLCTEX
06-21-2015, 06:01 PM
Prayers sent, I hate cancer.

Freightman
06-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Prayer works I know so prayers sent.

DCP
06-21-2015, 06:34 PM
She was admitted to the hospital for kidney failure. Its been a long weekend.She doing better this PM
She was in good shape 2 weeks ago. Chemo took her down fast.

castalott
06-21-2015, 06:45 PM
If I may....Sincere Prayers for Strength, Health, Healing, Love , Mercy, and Faith for you both.

Dale

xbeeman412
06-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Prayers for Your Wife and U, the Lords will be done

DCP
06-27-2015, 07:00 PM
Update
Her kidneys have completely recovered. She will have her 2nd chemo next week.
Thanks for the Prayers and support.

jonp
06-27-2015, 07:07 PM
I've watched this with 3 family members the latest a few weeks ago. Your attitude is as important as the chemo.

All my thoughts and prayers

scarry scarney
06-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Attitude, Faith and Friends (and a lot of "knee power")!
Stage IV Non-Hodgkin's Survivor, Stage III Hodgkin's Survivor here. Thoughts and prayers sent.

DCP
07-16-2015, 08:31 PM
Update

She ended up in the hospital for 4 days again
Kidney shut down again.
The DR has to do something different !!!!!!!!!!!!

She is still weak, Chemo in 7 days again
I feel so sorry for her.

gpidaho
07-16-2015, 09:24 PM
Another prayer sent for you and your wife. Having come through the radiation and the chemo I know just how she feels and as you can see it isn't pretty, the cure being nearly as bad as the cancer its self. Take care of yourself too, this will take all the energy you have. GP

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-16-2015, 10:38 PM
still thinkin and prayin for you buddy

trails4u
07-16-2015, 11:02 PM
DCP....I and my family are praying for you and yours. She needs your strength right now....all of it, and more than you know you have, but I promise you.....you have it. Bow up those broad shoulders and carry the load my friend, you can do this.

Andy
07-19-2015, 12:57 AM
I will pray for her quick recovery. I wish we could all take a small portion of her illness and all overcome it between us. I can't imagine what it is like to watch your wife go through this but I think you are right to present an uplifting face to her most of the time.

catmandu
07-22-2015, 10:00 PM
May God be with you both and His mercies abound.
My SIL went thru 3 rounds of Chemo. Been free for almost 10 years.
It hurts because you love her. That means something.
May God bless you both.

Paul in WNY

DCP
07-24-2015, 09:00 AM
update

We have had some very good news. The wife had her 3rd treatment yesterday. During the exam before the treatment the DR could NOT feel the lump. She said her breast no longer hurts. The DR said that was a very good sign, but she still has to finish all her treatments.

I would like to thank all of those who have sent prayers. It’s a very scary thing for her. She looks like a deer in head lights all week long. She cheers up every time she talks to someone. This helps so much in her recovery.

So now it’s just a waiting game to see how this round of chemo affects her

xbeeman412
07-24-2015, 09:05 AM
The Lord does indeed ANSWER PRAYERS!!

DCP
07-24-2015, 09:24 AM
The Lord does indeed ANSWER PRAYERS!!

Yes indeed. When this started, I thought it was a test for at least 2 of our children. Turns out it was our test because they still could care less about there mother.

We try to live by 70x7 and somedays are better than others. LOL

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-24-2015, 11:58 AM
I'm glad to hear the good news.

gpidaho
07-24-2015, 05:21 PM
So glad for you both, I've been there and its such an ordeal going through the treatments. Keep the faith, we're all pulling for her. GP

DCP
08-05-2015, 03:40 PM
We had a very very very hard week, about 10:00 am today we found out why
The wife has C-diff. That explains a lot this about this week because it was ugly.
She is a trooper but how much more can she take. She wont take no on somethings.
She wanted to go to a meeting today so by God we went.

fatelk
08-05-2015, 04:59 PM
You all have had more than your share of tough times lately. We'll pray that you get a break- some good news and healing. Hang in there and stay strong.

Cancer stinks; I hate it. I've been there myself, and have watched several family and friend fight it. Perseverance and a good attitude are so important. God bless!

DCP
08-07-2015, 07:20 AM
Well its 6:15am just got home. She went to the ER by ambulance about 1 am
She just got worse the longer the day went
She has invasive kidney injury again 3rd time
A very ugly day we just had
I am so tired and so worried. She hasn't done anything to derisive this
I am also in to deep ***** when she feels better.
I didn't bring her phone, teeth, glasses any clothes and shoes

Thank you all for your prayers and support

skeettx
08-07-2015, 07:56 PM
Prayer lifted up, may the Lord bless you and yours
Mike

DCP
08-12-2015, 08:56 PM
She home now doing much better.
She has home nursing for a few weeks they dont want her to get dehydrated again.
I will be starting her Ivs with saline drip.

obssd1958
08-13-2015, 11:35 AM
Glad to hear the good news!
We'll keep praying for her comfort and recovery.

tnaz
08-13-2015, 12:23 PM
Hope and Prayer for you both. Hang tough; she sounds like a real trooper.

bbailey7821
08-13-2015, 12:57 PM
God Bless, DCP. We'll keep your family in our prayers!

OldFogey
08-13-2015, 11:40 PM
DCP, Am and will be keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-14-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm still thinking about you and yours...Praying too.

chill45100
08-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Prayers up from us!
chill45100

fatelk
08-17-2015, 09:52 PM
She home now doing much better.
She has home nursing for a few weeks they dont want her to get dehydrated again.
I will be starting her Ivs with saline drip.

Glad to hear it. We'll pray for a strong recovery.

My wife is currently recovering as well, from ankle surgery. It's been a rough week here, though our medical concerns are nowhere near as serious as yours.

God bless.

wrenchman5
08-25-2015, 08:12 PM
Prayed for you and your wife tonight. How is she doing ?

DCP
08-25-2015, 08:28 PM
She had chemo yesterday. So far so good
Thanks for asking

wrenchman5
08-25-2015, 08:32 PM
God is good. :)

DCP
08-29-2015, 04:41 PM
Thank God, this week went pretty good.
She has chemo every week now. So we start all over next week.
She sure look beautiful in a Hat.
I was just called a bad name when I read this to her LOL (yep she's feeling pretty good) Sure glad i didn't say she is a tad crabby.( poor thing)

DCP
09-10-2015, 05:17 PM
So far so good. Staying out of the hospital
Her Magnesium is giving her fits
Still crabby at times but still lovable.

jonp
09-11-2015, 05:02 PM
My DIL took to wearing outrageous wigs. One was bright pink. Outlook and spirit are everything. Prayers

buckwheatpaul
09-11-2015, 09:58 PM
From your post it seems like God is working through you for your wife's benefit...keep your faith and love and God will take care of the rest.....Paul

DCP
09-14-2015, 07:01 PM
No chemo today and they most likely going to change things again.
Her electrolytes are out of wack. Ran into a wall at the Cancer Center as she began to pass out.She is OK they gave her potassium and magnesium.
One day at a time now its just wait and see.

obssd1958
09-14-2015, 07:48 PM
DCP,
I'm sending prayers for your wife, and for you.
Thank you for letting us help, and for sharing what has to be a very trying time. Your situation has reminded me how much I take my wife, my best friend, for granted. I'm trying not to do that any more.

Take care,

Don

DCP
09-14-2015, 08:05 PM
DCP,
I'm sending prayers for your wife, and for you.
Thank you for letting us help, and for sharing what has to be a very trying time. Your situation has reminded me how much I take my wife, my best friend, for granted. I'm trying not to do that any more.

Take care,

Don

Thanks so much. She just had a dizzy spell.

I didn't realize myself how much she does around here.
I wont lie this is tough to watch

DCP
09-26-2015, 02:53 PM
I hate chemo,
I hate chemo,I hate chemo,
I hate chemo,I hate chemo,I hate chemo,
I hate chemo,I hate chemo,I hate chemo,I hate chemo

osteodoc08
09-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Hang in there. Prayers sent

Smoke4320
09-26-2015, 04:18 PM
Prayers sent .. Hang in there

DCP
09-28-2015, 05:12 PM
Wife update

Where to begin another tough week, fever all weekend including today
Possible infected port. Low potassium and magnesium again.
Long week ahead, PET scan later in the week and trips to cancer center.
If PET scan is ok, Surgery soon. She has had it really tough.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-28-2015, 06:51 PM
Oh man, still prayin for you two.

Hickok
09-28-2015, 07:57 PM
Prayers for your wife and you in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for a healing, and peace and comfort in this time of trial.

DCP
10-05-2015, 05:52 PM
We had very good news. The PET scan showed no caner anywhere in her body. Even the original breast cancer.
NO MORE CHEMO.
Surgery is next and then we will see. So this trip is starting to come to an end.
Praise the LORD

scaevola
10-05-2015, 07:18 PM
Good to hear.

I hope the good news continues.

DCP
10-23-2015, 08:21 PM
The wife is doing pretty good.
She was going to see her surgeon on 10/21 and it was canceled on the 18th and hasn't been reschedule by the Dr. yet.
They don't seem to be in any hurry.

So we wait

DCP
11-05-2015, 12:09 PM
update
We have about 8 Drs appointments or procedures in the next 2-4 weeks

She is getting stronger every day. Dr was proud of her and said she didn’t think she could have handled it as well as she did.
Surgery In 2-4 weeks a 2 1/2 hour procedure

Then the worst news a man can get, she can’t do any house work or cooking for 2 weeks

Then about 4 weeks later radiation for 6 weeks 5 days a week.
Please put her in your prayers. I know she is terrified.

She just wants to see the little ones so bad. It would help her so much mentally. Tragic and sad how unforgiving Christians can be.

DCP
11-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Prayers needed

My beloved is frighten be on belief.
It’s like living with rabid dog, a kitten and a puppy.
I never know what one I will come home to.
Please keep the prayers coming.

Thanks for all the support and prayers

xtphreak
11-08-2015, 10:16 AM
It's tough.
I lucked out, didn't need the chemo.
Did the six weeks of radiation 5 days a week. it's going to sap all of her energy.
Be prepared for her to sleep a lot, it's good her body can heal that way.
Keep her fed
Keep her hydrated!
I'm single now so I went through this by myself, it would have meant so much to have somebody here
Being there for her like you're doing now is the best thing you can do.
you're in my prayers and thoughts.
good luck.
you'll come out of this on the other side

DCP
11-08-2015, 06:50 PM
It's tough.
I lucked out, didn't need the chemo.
Did the six weeks of radiation 5 days a week. it's going to sap all of her energy.
Be prepared for her to sleep a lot, it's good her body can heal that way.
Keep her fed
Keep her hydrated!
I'm single now so I went through this by myself, it would have meant so much to have somebody here
Being there for her like you're doing now is the best thing you can do.
you're in my prayers and thoughts.
good luck.
you'll come out of this on the other side

Thanks so much. I will say a pray for you also.

DCP
11-21-2015, 09:23 AM
Surgery went very well the on 16th. It was a 13 hour day.
Went to Dr Yesterday limp nodes were cancer free
Chemo shrunk the small lump to ¼ its size. Radiation is next!
She feels very good and strong.
Thanks for all the prayers and Support.

castalott
11-21-2015, 10:14 AM
This is only my opinion....

I'm not a doctor but will tell you what helped me. She should have the best quality fruits and veggies. More veggies than fruits. Cancer cannot live in alkaline bodies. ( Per Dr Budwig but there are fake sites about her...I wish you had her book to read.)
I tried to limit anything man made. No white flour, no white sugar, nothing processed in factories, no soda ( this one was hard), no fried foods as the grease is very hard on me.
Radiation is exhausting and she will sleep so much you will be worried. She may also feel burnt and sick ( I had the burnt part in spades ) Push liquids as the doctor says...lots of water.
Install in her the WILL to live! Her mind controls her body. It can do amazing things!
You must take care of yourself as you will be exhausted also.
Pray and I will pray with you..

Sincere Prayers for Healing, Strength, Good Health, Recovery, Love, Mercy, Faith, Hope, and Help.

Dale

DCP
11-22-2015, 10:20 AM
It seems that if the treatment goes on for too long people lose interest in saying prayers and or responding. Same thing happens if you live to long, such is life. If you would like updates just send me a PM. Thanks to those who have followed through. Vaya con DIOS

tnaz
11-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Stay strong our Prayer are with you both, we may not post everyday but we still keep you both in our Prayers.

Terry

badbob454
11-22-2015, 01:24 PM
again my prayers are with you i can feel the love you have for her Vaya con DIOS and may God also walk with you both...

Kosh75287
11-22-2015, 02:03 PM
There is just no good way of handling such things. There's only "the best we can", and decreasing margins of THAT. Prayers.

skeettx
11-22-2015, 02:49 PM
God is Good
STILL praying for Her and for You/
Please keep the updates coming
Mike

Lance Boyle
01-08-2016, 11:50 PM
Prayers and hoping things are still coming along.

TXGunNut
01-09-2016, 01:29 AM
DCP, we're talking about your bride here! If you prefer will PM for updates but yes I will continue to keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers, never underestimate the power of prayer!

DCP
01-09-2016, 08:13 AM
Thank you so much. There are some good folks out there that have made her day!

The wife has about 3 more weeks of radiation.
She seems strong and in good spirits. (Most days)

It was a long year 2015. The chemo nearly killed her.

We are so blessed the cancer is gone.

Surgery took the small area that was left. She needs the radiation because of some gene that says it was a very fast spreading cancer. We where so lucky we found it very early. Be sure to have your loved ones have there breast checked.

Vaya con Dios
DCP

kbstenberg
01-09-2016, 08:51 AM
DCP our prayer group at church will be sending our request to God. For your wifes speedy recovery. And continued good medical reports! An our prayer for your strength in helping your wife. Kevin
Situations like this sure makes my problems smaller!!!

DLCTEX
01-09-2016, 11:52 AM
Maintaining you and her in prayers. Keep us informed with the good news..

Victor N TN
01-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Prayers sent for your wife AND you.

Blackwater
01-15-2016, 08:04 PM
DCP, you're both in my prayers. Radiation is no fun, and cancer and the drugs DO sometimes cause personality changes, along with the stress and angst of the situation. You're one fine man to stick with her as you have. Many wouldn't have. When the going gets tough, the truly tough rise to the occasion, and you certainly have done that. I admire you and your strength and tenacity. Just keep on keeping on just like you have, and I believe you'll find something at the end that makes it all worth while. Nobody can say for sure what that will be, but I've never seen it fail. That doesn't make it any easier, but it does at least make it worth while, and simple Faith is the only thing that can really get you through it effectively. Keep the faith, and know lots of us are praying for you both.

rockrat
01-17-2016, 03:21 PM
Prayers up for you and your wife both

BorderBrewer
01-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Prayers sent for your wife's speedy recovery. My Brother in Law is going through radiation and chemo for throat cancer at the present and my brother did 2 years ago. I know how sick it makes people so prayers sent for her strength as well.

DCP
02-02-2016, 08:04 PM
The wife had here last radiation treatment this AM

I learn somethings I needed to know and some things, well let’s say it’s just tragic and sad.

She has changed and has been a bit touchy.

We have so much to be thankful for but she seems to lose that. She is a strong women that went through hell with all of the meds she took, it’s no wonder she is different.

I find that the only thing I can control is myself and that is far from perfect. She almost died and I was the only one there nearly 100 % of the time.

For myself I no longer understand prayer. It was my one hope that may have been wasted.
Maybe just maybe GOD has hurt my love one.
He gave us so much but then fixes so little.

Bullfrog
02-02-2016, 08:37 PM
I hope and pray that peace and comfort are given to you. Our crosses are so different at times and it does not make sense, but I gain my hope and faith reading Job whom did not understand either. I can relate with the change in the person, albeit our situation are 180 degrees different, but the similarity is that we are both experiencing the love of our life changing and there is nothing we can do but control ourselves. I have been seeking the "silver lining" which is the blessing of this, but at this juncture it is too new for me to see. With you I can only imagine it is the same. God bless you and grant you peace and clarity.

trails4u
02-02-2016, 08:53 PM
DCP.... I nearly lost my mother to BC thrice, and nearly my wife to depression and anxiety. We've had some tough years...but through blind faith, love and power that I will never understand, we're all still standing. Yeah...relationships have changed, we as people have all changed, and things will never be the same as they were before, but through faith and love, we've all found acceptance with that. We are blessed to have one another, and time has allowed us all to understand what we cannot control, and to focus on what we can. It has made us all stronger....with scars, but with more resolve in our faith, family and selves. I pray that God will allow you and your wife the same.

God Speed! Trails.

Blackwater
02-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the update, DCP. Prayers for all of you and your family. Tough times tell us what we're made of, and prompt us to firm up any weak spots. In that way at least, they're our friends, but they sure do come at a price! Prayers continue.

DCP
02-07-2016, 10:01 AM
The wife has been taking anti depressant for about 10 days now,things are much better.

He gave us so much but then fixes so little.

With the cancer God had his hand on us and bless us.

ALL the prayers to fix this family have gone unanswered. Even when she was facing death, family could not find it in their hearts to forgive. That speaks volumes.

Now comes the Irony, I or we must forgive 70x7. I find that easy our door will always be open to them. Even more serious is their souls are in danger and they haven’t a clue. We will take this burden to our grave for there is no hope.

I only say the Lord’s Prayer now, anything else is a waste of time.

Dan444
02-07-2016, 10:12 AM
You have my prayers.

Dan

Blackwater
02-08-2016, 03:07 PM
Just remember, DCP, like Yogi Berra said, "It ain't over 'till it's over." And it's NEVER over for any of us until the day we finally die, which of course comes to all of us. Between now and then, no matter what we're facing, things can take a turn for either the better or the worse, and if it's for the better, it's not necessarily a "reward" from God for doing good, and if it's not for the better, then it's not necessarily a "punishment" for doing bad. We walk this realm without any promise of reward HERE if we do good, nor a promise of punishment HERE if we do bad. "It will rain on the just and the unjust alike." If we got rewarded strictly on the basis of the good we do, it'd be like working for a paycheck, and there'd be no love involved, or even the desire to show our reverence and benefolence. And if we only got punished if we did bad, then those who do good would never be tested, really, for how deep their trust and faith are. It's a paradox, but I think we can all see the Truth in this.

Our sufferings are our real test, just as it was for Job. Even in our deepest trials, though, God and faith will ALWAYS see us through anything that might befall us. Look at what the martyrs for Christianity have been exposed to, as well as what our Savior suffered through to save all our souls.

We naturally have wants and desires, and when they're not fulfilled, it saddens us, often greatly. But a cup can't hold any more until it's hollowed out deeper, and I suspect that sometimes, these difficult and sad times are what prepares u for greater happiness than we'd ever expected in this life. It doesn't always work that way, but God really DOES have a plan for each of us, and He knows a LOT more about what we really NEED than even we do ourselves.

Just hang on to your Faith, and keep doing what you know you need to and ought to do, and something good WILL come out of it at the end. Of that, we've been given a guarantee. Whether it comes on this side or the far side of the veil is the only thing we can't know fully. It's our trials that keep us humble, and clearly show us how little we really have in control over our fate. We "moderns" don't like realizing that, but it's true, nevertheless.

Lots of prayers are being rendered for you, your wife and the family, so .... just keep the faith and ride this out to the end with your Faith breaking the waves for you. There's something in all this that you need. It'll probably reveal itself before to long.

DCP
04-30-2016, 08:26 AM
The wife had chemo on 22 April She will have chemo every three weeks until June 24. Then there be a pet scan and a survivors meeting of some sort. Then she will have surgery to remove the port.Its not been easy for her.

We are truly blessed as bad as this was. Her personality has changed and then again probably so has mine. It's been a really long year.

We are truly blessed regardless of what the year was like. I sometimes think that I live with two or three different women. I do appreciate her so much more and the things she does. Soon with Gods help this will be over with.

Maybe someday will be able to help someone going through the same things we did.

I was sure this is a test for our children turns out it was a test for us. We have learned how cold,heartless and Uncaring Family can be. We have truly learned how must forgive them.

Vaya con Dios
DCP

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Like many of us here, I'm still thinking and praying for you and your family.

obssd1958
04-30-2016, 11:58 PM
DCP,
I admire your wife and yourself, for not only keeping up the fight, but for sharing what is going on and letting us pray for you both.

Prayers continue.

Blackwater
05-01-2016, 11:41 AM
DCP, I want to thank you for providing the rest of us an example of how to bear huge burdens and tough times. We all need to see others show us the way, and you've done that, despite all the forces that were waging against you. This, more than anything, shows the real value of our faith and conviction. Many cut and run when times get tough. You didn't, and hung in there even in the toughest times. That's real COURAGE, sir, combined with real belief and true faith. Nothing else I know of can withstand times like you've had now.

G. K. Chesterton called the kind of times you've gone through, moments "when there is nothing but God." You've both been tested and you passed the test with great honor. I salute you, and we'll all keep praying for both of you. This is yet another of those situations where it's not a "one and done" situation, and we'll try to be as faithful as you've demonstrated yourself to be with your wife and the situation you were both in. So keep the faith, brother. It matters. A lot.

DCP
06-18-2016, 12:01 PM
Update

Next week the wife will have he last Chemo and then her port removed about a week later.
Its been quite a journey. Over a year now. God blessed us the cancer is gone.

Thanks to all for the prayers and support

obssd1958
06-18-2016, 01:32 PM
DCP,
Normally I would post the "little guy running back and forth, shouting woo-hoo", but due to the fight and anguish that you both have gone though, it just doesn't seem to be appropriate.
I am truly heartened and happy that your wife's cancer is gone, and wish you both the Lord's blessing for your health and happiness. Cherish every day.
Thank you for letting us pray with you.

Don

skeettx
06-18-2016, 01:34 PM
AWESOME
Thank you for the report
God is Good!!
Mike

Preacher Jim
06-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Dcp thank God for your report and His blessing on your wife. Needed to read this today.

Blackwater
06-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Wow! What a great report!!! I'm SO glad for both of you! We pray, but never have any real assurance that God will answer every prayer the way we ask of Him. We just do our due diligence and then hope. Without hope, all would be lost here in this realm.

Thank you greatly for this great report. We burried my cousin a few months back, who fought another form of cancer for over 16 years, and he was stalwart and valiant, and a real inspiration to many. What he did, and what he meant to us, and so many friends and acquaintences, was truly a boon to us all. And when he finally passed, God was merciful, and let him pass without pain or struggle. It was as if he'd simply gone to sleep.

And as to the family situation, don't be discouraged. That's just another challenge to your faith. Return their standoffishness with love, and even if they aren't changed, you will be. Life isn't about getting what we want. It's about dealing with whatever God lets be put before us, and sometimes, maybe there's some folks watching that need to SEE how a real Christian deals with loss, even when it's the greatest loss we can suffer in this realm. People marvel when they see what real faith is, and how it works, and what it can really do here in this realm.

And thanks again for a shining example of real faith under terrible duress. All of us benefit from your example, and your honesty. Some time, when you get in the mood, check out C. S. Lewis' story of how he had to watch her, truly the light of his life at the time, succumb to cancer, back when there was little to do for it. I think it'll likely bring a tear to your eye and some joy to your heart to realize you're not the only one, by far, to meet this in life, and be challenged by it, and his story is even more brutally honest and forthright than you've been here. That will make it hard for you to read, I know, so wait until you're in the right mood for it. It'll also let you know why "bad things happen to good people" when you realize what an example you've been. You'll probably never know how your example has benefited many who you just simply didn't really notice through this, what with your attention being focused on your wife, and a little on your self and family. But you've done more and better than you now realize, and it matters more than you'll probably ever really know or appreciate, until the veil is lifted for us all. What you've done, and what all you've written here, MEANS something, and it ain't small. So thanks again. As humans, we follow examples FAR more than we do words. It's just the way we work, and you have given us a great example. Thanks.

toallmy
06-18-2016, 09:32 PM
God bless you .

fatelk
06-18-2016, 09:58 PM
That is awesome news!

Pine Baron
06-19-2016, 12:22 AM
Dcp,
Thank God, for your wife's good news. Praise God, indeed. Continued prayers for your children. Remember it all works in His time and His will, not ours.