PDA

View Full Version : Todays fun

country gent
06-17-2015, 04:52 AM
Im up early getting ready fopr the local shillouette match today. My shooting partner cant go as hes just out of the hospital. Since this is a long drive and my mobility issues I have enlisted Dads help to drive and such today. First match he will have been to.ever. Hopeing he has an enjoyable day and maybe even gets interested in this game. Hes brining a set of binoculars ( hand held) and I have a folding stool for him to sit on during the day. I thought the binoculars might be better for him watching the vrious targets on the line than a fixed spotting scope first time watching today. Should be a fun enjoyable day.

Hiwall55
06-17-2015, 06:35 AM
I hope you have nice weather and Dad has an enjoyable day, also good luck on your match. Bill

Don McDowell
06-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Have a good day.

Toymaker
06-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Sounds like a fun thing to do. Maybe save a round or two for him after the match. Enjoy, have fun and Good Luck.

Knarley
06-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Sounds cool............enjoy

Gunlaker
06-17-2015, 10:16 AM
I hope you and your dad have a great day. I'm heading out soon too. Looks like we might have a problem with rain, but that's ok too. The forests are dry and we've got some big fires right now.

Chris.

smoked turkey
06-17-2015, 12:17 PM
Sounds like you have set yourself up so that you and your dad will have a perfect day. Those don't come along often so enjoy it all. I am a little envious.

country gent
06-17-2015, 06:06 PM
Well we just got home from match and lunch. Had a great day together, Didnt shoot as good as Id liked to but did okay Only 17 hits but brain fart on pigs ( misread vernieer on scope and was 5 mins low.) Got rained on twice and light was an issue. But Dad had a great time and met some of my old friends and WHile he was interested and enjoying I offered several others also offered but he turned us all down to try rifles and his hand. I know he was offered from 38-55 to my 45-90. We stopped at a little bar resteraunt as a group for lunch and bull session. It was a great day and all was fun. Range was wet standing water in a few places heavy growth of grass on backstop and saturated ground made misses almost impossible to spot. Dad didnt realize at 500 yds how long it took these bullets just to get to the target or ring to come back. We had a great day and enjoyed each others company and being together. Part of what the shooting sports is about.

ktapply
06-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Awesome to hear.... I wish my dad was still with me... He would have enjoyed this sport as a spectator in his later years...

Knarley
06-18-2015, 08:13 AM
Special days with your Dad are always a treat. They don't come all that often, happy to hear you guys had a good day. :D

Knarley