PDA

View Full Version : got a homie hook up

rancher1913
06-14-2015, 09:54 AM
been searching for a reliable source for lead. I live in the boondocks and all the tire shops send their ww back to Denver:x with the exception of one that lets me have half of their ww (shop employee gets the other half) they are more of a repair shop so the ww amount to a coffee can every couple of months and then a good portion are steel. I was up in the mountains at my mothers this weekend and ran into an old friend of my uncles that I remembered like to scrounge and recycle stuff. asked if he had any lead to sell and he said he had a load that he was taking to the scrap yard next week, long story short I hauled home almost 600 pounds of lead in ingots for .30 cents a pound:grin:. offered him much more but that was all he would take and we made arrangements that he would save all his lead for me to buy, he was happy to get cash instead of a check and I have enough lead to last for a little while now. he had about 6 five gallon buckets full of range scrap that I would have bought but he wanted to smelt it and recover the copper, so next trip I might make another score. got to talking about brass shells and he took me to his basement were he had probably 20 five gallon buckets of sorted and unsorted range brass that he kept as a bank account. hauled home several bags of brass and told him if he wants to sell, let me know what he has and that I'd post it for sale here for him. all in all a good trip[smilie=2:.

PS don't tell BrassMagnet because this is getting close to his backyard and he's good friends with georgeonedollar.:wink:

MrWolf
06-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Sounds like you lucked out. Brassmagnet probably already knew of the supply in that forecasting deal crystal ball he has. That is how he jumps on stuff so fast!

mold maker
06-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Brass magnet has saved me quiet a bit, by being first.

Bzcraig
06-14-2015, 11:14 AM
Sweet hook up! Yes, BrassMagnet is just a freak of nature!