PDA

View Full Version : Daisy 853

HARRYMPOPE
06-14-2015, 01:56 AM
I picked one up here recently in the forum that probably was one of the CMP $100 rebuild guns. at 10 meters with cheap Crosman pellets it's nearly one holing them.At 25 yards with jsb pellets they are sometimes under half iInch (often but not all the time)this is with the peep sights for the post front. I scoped it in though I shot more consistently small groups I never shot any smaller than with the irons.I've owned a couple of dedicated 10-meter rifles and this thing is very close in accuracy.everybody needs to buy one of these.

these are three groups of 10 meters with Walmart tin pointed Crosman pellets. the high and low groups are 5 shot the middle is 15 shot.

JonnyReb
06-14-2015, 07:06 PM
I agree, its my go-to for backyard one holers that makes a man feel like he's a heckuva fine shot. Gotta say to that after a year or two of shooting off the porch with my airguns my centerfire groups improved considerably.

Mine is the 851, an early 80's gun with a Daisy barrel stead of the Lothar barrel yours has. Still, with its bkl mount and old "sportview" AO, it'll put pellet after pellet in a tiny group at 20 yards..awesome little gun.

alrighty
06-15-2015, 03:23 AM
I purchased one from the same seller and I agree it is very accurate.My rifle looks to have been rebuilt recently but it had a missing safety button, fully disclosed by the seller.I too think it was a CMP rifle but I don't know if they would sale one without a safety?
Numrich gun parts corporation do have some parts for these.They have the higher comb model 753 elite stock if anyone is interested.
The rifle is a joy to shoot!