remind me how many BB to put in the container:
one layer on bottom?
two?
I've got way too many in mine at present
thanks
w

bangerjim
06-13-2015, 12:41 PM
I normally put 2 full layers of bb's in whatever tub I am using. (coolwhip or ZipLok screw-on) Coats well and ends the "hide-n-seek" of digging out the boolits from the excess bb's! 2 layers is a SWAG, the exact # count of bb's is not important.

Others may say different, but I started doing the 2 good layers almost 2 years ago (after playing around) and have not changed.

And you can use your extra bb's for another tub...even if they have a color on them. It will come off easily and just mix with your new color! Don't waste those bb's.

banger

Walter Laich
06-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Thanks; seems each time I would PC I would add 'a few more.' When the containers got 3/4 full of BBs I realized I have developed a major cast of OF disease.
Just cast 25 lbs of .45 TC bullets and next step is 'playing' with the color coatings. I'm working out of a mixture of several colors trying to use it up; nor not--it's all fun

jcwit
06-13-2015, 10:36 PM
I do fine with NO BB's.

shoot-n-lead
06-13-2015, 10:52 PM
I do fine with NO BB's.

Same here...tried them and went back to doing it without them.

bangerjim
06-13-2015, 11:17 PM
Whatever works for you.

There many MANY variations to this little physics "magic trick"!

Walter Laich
06-14-2015, 01:13 PM
I've done it both ways and like the
ASBBs. Course I have a whole container of them now so I better like that method; they'll never wear out, at least in my life time

rsrocket1
06-15-2015, 02:33 PM
What I've observed is that the BB's help keep the boolits off the sides and bottom of the container. When the coated boolit slides along the side, the powder can get rubbed off. The BB's have no long flat surface to rub the powder off, so the static electricity can hold the powder to the boolit.

In really dry conditions (usually the norm in northern central Cal) , I can get away with simply massaging the bollits and powder in a gallon Ziplock bag without the BB's. In more humid times, the #5 container, BB's and some vigorous shaking is needed.