PDA

View Full Version : Can a RCBS press type bullet puller be modified to fit on CO-AX?

HP-Sauce
06-12-2015, 06:05 PM
I have the CO-AX for the best part of a year and been trying to get hold of a Forster Universal puller for the last 6 months, however they seems to be out of stock everywhere for months.

I know the Hornady cam-lock works for CO-AX but I don;t like the design. I do like RCBS product because of their excellent customer service and collet price/availability.

So I was if anyone had modified an RCBS puller to use on the CO-AX? From the pictures it seems what is needed is a longer lock ring cross bolt and hex-nut spindle on top to use with a ratchet.

I have access to a lathe so that could be a project worth considering.

country gent
06-12-2015, 08:32 PM
The collet draw bar has to clear the overhead handle on the coax thru it stroke otherwise it can work. as the yoke handle of the coax is enclosed hight as long as width may become an issue

John J
06-12-2015, 09:35 PM
I think it could be....just replace the draw bar with a bolt of the same thread pitch and use a socket to draw up the collet and then reverse it to loosen the collet and let the bullet out.

hope this helps

John J