PDA

View Full Version : 1863 sharps shootin

washbuster
06-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Took my Sharps out today.Was trying a new paper cart,80 grains of my 3f powder a lube pill and then the christmas tree bullet.Target was set at 100 yards,my rifle has a Marbles Peep Sight.Shot twelve shots,four were off the target.Made a couple adjustments and then they were all in the target.I was shootin from a rest.Rifle really seems to like the 80 grains.I think the lube pill might be somethin to it.Ran a patch thru it half way thru the session and had very little fouling.Wish I had a Buffalo to shot at ,would like to see what it would do to him.Just thought I'd pass it along,going to125 next time out.Later WASHBUSTER141918141919

bigted
06-12-2015, 11:52 PM
very cool. a '63' is on my plan but not for awhile yet ... so gonna have to live vicariously thru all you that do have one. thanks for sharing this and keep up the good work.

Fly
06-13-2015, 06:00 PM
I love mine, A not more fun gun to shoot. What I want to hunt with mine is pigs. We have some in Okla
but Texas is the place. I here the Texans wine about how the pigs are taking over the state. BUT find a farmer
or rancher that will let you hunt them on there place for under $400 a person. I say let them run you deer off & tear
up your ground & maybe you can ask us to help clear your land of them latter after the harm is done.

I don't mind a fee but it is crazy what is charged to hunt pigs down there. So don't wine to the nation of
your hog problem, & rape the ones that want to help & make sport of it.

JMOHOP :lovebooliFly

crossxsticks
06-13-2015, 10:33 PM
I love mine, A not more fun gun to shoot. What I want to hunt with mine is pigs. We have some in Okla
but Texas is the place. I here the Texans wine about how the pigs are taking over the state. BUT find a farmer
or rancher that will let you hunt them on there place for under $400 a person. I say let them run you deer off & tear
up your ground & maybe you can ask us to help clear your land of them latter after the harm is done.

I don't mind a fee but it is crazy what is charged to hunt pigs down there. So don't wine to the nation of
your hog problem, & rape the ones that want to help & make sport of it.

JMOHOP :lovebooliFly

not just texas but same everywhere , wish I had 63 sharps just to go shoot :grin:

Good Cheer
06-16-2015, 05:04 AM
Disgusted me up when Texas declared pestilential hogs to be exotic game and required a hunting license. That's about like making you get a license to set a rat trap in the barn next to the feed barrel. Uh oh, better not give them any ideas!
The wildlife department is absolutely shameless in it's gearing of hunting and fishing regulations towards revenue enhancement.
Wonder when they will make you buy a hog stamp.
:p

OK, sorry, rant over.
Washbuster, that's a nice looking rig.

dualsport
06-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Well done. I'm wanting one for a long time now. More pictures!

doc1876
06-19-2015, 08:15 PM
you may not like 125g, they get a little stout unless the thing has some real good weight to it. Most '63s are a little light for that.