PDA

View Full Version : Hornady "Handbook of Cartridge Reloading: 9th Edition" Reloading Manual Does it have?

bearcove
06-11-2015, 05:28 PM
35 Whelen, 375 Ruger, 35 Rem, 454casull or any T/C pistol data?

Does anyone know where to get a list of cartridges included in manuals?

Ole Joe Clarke
06-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Yep, it has all the cartridges you asked about, not sure about T/C data, it probably does. There is an index in the front of the book that lists the contents, including cartridges.

bearcove
06-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Yeah! Called Hornady and told them it was hard to read before you bought manual. My suggestion was to put it on their websight right below the blurb about how great manual was. Ahhh.?

Thanks, for your info.

Rod

Carrier
06-11-2015, 06:27 PM
Yeah! Called Hornady and told them it was hard to read before you bought manual. My suggestion was to put it on their websight right below the blurb about how great manual was. Ahhh.?

Thanks, for your info.

Rod

It was a lot cheaper to pay to download it than what the hardcover costs for where I am anyways.

bearcove
06-11-2015, 06:30 PM
I hear you. But I'm old and stuck in my ways, OK not too old but I like paper and only use a flip phone.

Guestion? if I download to computer can I print pages?

lancem
06-11-2015, 06:56 PM
I've given up on manuals and have subscribed to loaddata.com. You can search your loads by caliber, powder, and on. Best money I have ever spent when it comes to reloading "manuals". It has been very handy during the powder shortage in my area, I can look at what they have at the store and come home and call up all the loads for all calibers using just that powder and see if it will work for me.

Baja_Traveler
06-11-2015, 07:02 PM
Well, since you like paper manuals for your Contender loads - there are these manuals specific to the cause...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/672709/loadbooks-usa-thompson-center-contender-volume-2-reloading-manual-calibers-30-m1-carbine-to-45-70-government

bearcove
06-11-2015, 07:16 PM
I've given up on manuals and have subscribed to loaddata.com. You can search your loads by caliber, powder, and on. Best money I have ever spent when it comes to reloading "manuals". It has been very handy during the powder shortage in my area, I can look at what they have at the store and come home and call up all the loads for all calibers using just that powder and see if it will work for me.

Is that tested loads? Or what people tried. I vary from data for some things but only when it has been tested so I KNOW it is below max. A good example is 35 Rem. The spec is for all rifles and is lower than the pressure a new manufacture Marlin 336 will handle. Spec is 35k and I can load to 40k so I can push it a bit. If I know the source of the data. On the other hand someone puts data up for a 35 rem that does 2200 fps with a speer 220 gr that duplicates a hot factory load from Buffalo Bore, has it been pressure tested? All internet load data from a undocumented source is questionable.

bearcove
06-11-2015, 07:18 PM
Well, since you like paper manuals for your Contender loads - there are these manuals specific to the cause...

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/672709/loadbooks-usa-thompson-center-contender-volume-2-reloading-manual-calibers-30-m1-carbine-to-45-70-government

Yes these are helpful

Carrier
06-11-2015, 08:15 PM
I hear you. But I'm old and stuck in my ways, OK not too old but I like paper and only use a flip phone.

Guestion? if I download to computer can I print pages?

I have always been a book guy be it equipment manuals for my job or this. However this is so much easier to store. Not sure what you would use to download but with my ipad I have to screen shot then print. Don't know if you would be using a Apple computer or a PC to print pages but pretty sure they would. It was almost a third of the price to download it compared to buying the book.

bearcove
06-11-2015, 08:22 PM
PC desktop in wifes office. Thats were I do this. Don't have one in shop but could print load data sheets. Not totally ignorant with tech just limit my use.

gwpercle
06-12-2015, 05:20 PM

You computer people have all the answers until the electricity goes out or your computer crashes and all your stored data is lost. I'll just hang onto my old timey books...I don't need no new fangled computer to get my data.

lancem
06-12-2015, 05:27 PM
Is that tested loads? Or what people tried. I vary from data for some things but only when it has been tested so I KNOW it is below max. A good example is 35 Rem. The spec is for all rifles and is lower than the pressure a new manufacture Marlin 336 will handle. Spec is 35k and I can load to 40k so I can push it a bit. If I know the source of the data. On the other hand someone puts data up for a 35 rem that does 2200 fps with a speer 220 gr that duplicates a hot factory load from Buffalo Bore, has it been pressure tested? All internet load data from a undocumented source is questionable. Yes tested loads from the powder mfgs, bullet mfgs, petload data, and loads from Rifle and Handloader magazines. Also cast loads from Lyman, and other "known" sources, sort of like owning all of the manuals but having instant access to all of them at once listing the cartridge you are looking for. For example, if I search just 30-06 all of the load data for the 06 will come up separated by source. If I want I can refine the search by specifying the powder say IMR-4895, then only loads using that powder will be listed, or just by powder manufacture. The fun part is say you get a pound of ABC123 powder and you wonder if it might work in any of the cartridges you load, then you just search ABC123 for powder and every cartridge that has load data for that powder is listed with all of it's sourced load data. Without buying in you can see how it works by going to www.loaddata.com and in the search enter your cartridge, or go advanced and refine your search. You will see everything I can see as a subscriber except for the actual charge, that is blanked out. Check it out and see what you think, I find it very useful, and if you want 5-10 sources to compare a load it doesn't get any easier than this. $29.95 a year and I believe you get a 3 ring binder to keep your printed out loads in for the price.