PDA

View Full Version : Rock Island M206 Revolver

nickeda85
06-10-2015, 09:27 AM
For Mother's Day bought my wife a new Rock Island M206 revolver, 38 special w/ 2" barrel.
I have to say I had looked at this model previously and although the gun seemed solid I could not stand the standard grips. Tiny little things that barely covered the frame and gave a totally loose grip in my size large hands. I knew my wife would not approve because she likes a full grip on a handgun.
Just before Mother's day I was in a LGS where had been with my wife a few days earlier looking at pistols and the owner says, " Hey, I forgot to tell you that gun comes with an extra set of grips now." Well, with the big plastic grips installed this gun may not win any beauty contest but for feel and function it felt 100x better. Grips are only issue on this gun as the screw seems to be loosening up a little after firing several rounds, maybe a shim or dab of loctite will fix, or may be excuse to buy new grips.
Picked up some 158gr LRN for practice and fired it with her the next day. Still need to dial in a load but so far functions well and I find myself wanting to pack it more than my longer barreled S&W....if she would let me.
For an inexpensive revolver this one appears to be built like a brick (and would make a passable club if the need arose) and has a very acceptable trigger IMO.
Will post later when really get a chance to put it through its paces, not much time right now when working 7days most weeks.
Guess I may have to save up for another....or maybe upgrade to one of their 1911s?

D. Nickel

nickeda85
06-10-2015, 09:41 AM
Couple of stock photos featuring each grip type available with gun.
141814 141815

bouncer50
06-10-2015, 10:00 AM
It look like a copy of a Colt.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
06-10-2015, 12:41 PM
I bought the M200 4 inch barrel black plastic grips otherwise the same gun a year or 2 ago so that I could enjoy the range and not chase brass it has been a good shooter and fun gun , I did have a problem with mine about 250 rounds in and a hole lot of dry firing but a month from the day I sent it off to the day I got back my case with a new M200 in it correcting the issue at no charge they paid shipping both directions.
the new gun probably has near 1000 rounds in it now and a lot of dry fire it is a great tool for building up DA skills

I load mine with the 356-120tc they drop larger and I use them as dropped around .359 lubed with alox with a mild charge for pleasant target shooting.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
06-10-2015, 12:44 PM
It look like a copy of a Colt. it does , and it is very similar and fits most colt holsters but the frame is touch larger in places , the cold detective special grips do fit , however the internal lock work is different
so very colt like without being a clone

FergusonTO35
06-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Those of you who have an Armscor .38, what boolit weight do they seem to prefer? Also, is the frame size closer to the Colt Detective Special or the S&W K-frame?

nickeda85
06-10-2015, 05:18 PM
This particular gun seems to shoot fairly close to POA with the 158gr LRN have shot so far, just American Eagle plinking loads listed about 770fps IIRC.

Cannot speak for the Colt but very similar in size to my K-frame. Slight difference at front of triggerguard, the RIA is more sloped.

35remington
06-10-2015, 05:28 PM
Cost?

nickeda85
06-11-2015, 09:50 AM
About $260 w/ tax.

c1skout
06-13-2015, 11:08 PM
I've had mine for about 8 months now. Paid about $220 out the door. Mine shoots to the sights with regular 158gn loads, and really likes the old Ideal 160gn wadcutter. Mine only came with the small wood grips and I had planned to swap them for some compac Pachmayers for the detective special, but I have had no problem controlling it with the factory grips so they're still on it. I'm probably nearing 1000 rounds through it and haven't had any troubles yet.