PDA

View Full Version : Better than Many humans

DCM
06-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Service dog tries to save blind woman.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/golden-retriever-throws-itself-front-bus-protect-blind-owner-13436.shtml#.VXghS0bRvPQ

nicholst55
06-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Good dog!

gray wolf
06-10-2015, 10:22 AM
Dogs ??
Got to love Em.

Created by God
UN-beatable --- UN-defeatable

Doc Highwall
06-10-2015, 10:34 AM
God spelled backwards is Dog!!!

LUBEDUDE
06-10-2015, 01:43 PM
That dog is much more deserving of the Arthur Ash Award than........

osteodoc08
06-10-2015, 08:01 PM
I'm glad they're both on the mend.

BD
06-10-2015, 08:05 PM
I strive to be the man that my dog thinks I am.

fatnhappy
06-10-2015, 08:18 PM
Dogs personify the word loyalty. I wouldn't trade mine for all the gold in Ft Knox

big bore 99
06-10-2015, 08:25 PM
Dogs have no regard for their own safety. They exist to protect their master. I've raised German Sheperds for years and sometime I swear they know what I'm thinking. That dog deserves all the praise I know he'll get.

MaryB
06-11-2015, 01:02 AM
Nice to see both are okay and should be reunited soon! I know if I am away from my cats I miss them and they miss me, both greet me at the door same way a dog does.

white eagle
06-11-2015, 09:48 AM
good news for both

375supermag
06-11-2015, 08:01 PM
Dogs are something that most humans are not...loyal.

The more people I know, the better I like my dog.

jonp
06-11-2015, 08:33 PM
ummm...it's a dog trained to do what it did....

smokeywolf
06-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Anyone who does not put their dog's physical and mental well-being at or near that of their human children are, in my opinion, wasting oxygen that their dog could put to more valuable use.

gray wolf
06-12-2015, 12:33 AM
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:

When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
Take naps.
Stretch before rising.
Run, romp, and play daily.
Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
Be loyal.
Never pretend to be something you're not.
If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently.
ENJOY EVERY MOMENT OF EVERY DAY

jonp
06-12-2015, 11:37 AM
Anyone who does not put their dog's physical and mental well-being at or near that of their human children are, in my opinion, wasting oxygen that their dog could put to more valuable use.
Anyone that considers their dog as important as their children should check themselves. You should never abuse an animal but equaling them to your actual human children is silly. IMHO

smokeywolf
06-12-2015, 12:56 PM
Anyone that considers their dog as important as their children should check themselves. You should never abuse an animal but equaling them to your actual human children is silly. IMHO

Not suggesting having to decide who you're going to save in a life and death situation.

Sorry about my choice of words. I was assuming my post would be interpreted with some semblance of common sense.

jonp
06-12-2015, 04:14 PM
Not suggesting having to decide who you're going to save in a life and death situation.

Sorry about my choice of words. I was assuming my post would be interpreted with some semblance of common sense.

I have a great deal of common sense. I can only comment on what you write. If you meant something else then you had a poor choice of words.

"Anyone who does not put their dog's physical and mental well-being at or near that of their human children are, in my opinion, wasting oxygen that their dog could put to more valuable use."

How else would you like to interpret this statement other than anyone who doesn't value their dog at least as much as their children should drop dead?

smokeywolf
06-13-2015, 05:02 AM
I have a great deal of common sense. I can only comment on what you write. If you meant something else then you had a poor choice of words.

"Anyone who does not put their dog's physical and mental well-being at or near that of their human children are, in my opinion, wasting oxygen that their dog could put to more valuable use."

How else would you like to interpret this statement other than anyone who doesn't value their dog at least as much as their children should drop dead?

jon, I guess I do let my emotions get the best of me when it comes to animal cruelty and neglect, but here in the suburbs of Los Angeles, I see a lot of it and I do believe that people who chain an animal up in their back yard and keep him chained up there for the majority of his or her life, should, at the very least suffer a similar fate themselves.

I still see people who fail to treat their animals with the utmost care, not just for their physical health, but their happiness as well, as having little if any value to society or humanity.

Lloyd Smale
06-14-2015, 06:57 AM
post should have been titled better then ANY human

jonp
06-14-2015, 02:51 PM
jon, I guess I do let my emotions get the best of me when it comes to animal cruelty and neglect, but here in the suburbs of Los Angeles, I see a lot of it and I do believe that people who chain an animal up in their back yard and keep him chained up there for the majority of his or her life, should, at the very least suffer a similar fate themselves.

I still see people who fail to treat their animals with the utmost care, not just for their physical health, but their happiness as well, as having little if any value to society or humanity.

Dog and cock fights are still in operation in my neck of the woods. I don't see the appeal to watching two animals tear each other apart. Kinda sick if you ask me. I think that is how we got our Valley Bulldog. She was dropped off because she wouldn't fight. We are lucky to have her and she is the best dog you could imagine. Anyone that would torture or neglect an animal should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

I can sure understand your Location now. You need to "go east young man" before you lose your sanity in La-La Land.

smokeywolf
06-14-2015, 03:06 PM
Working on it Jon. Spend 1 to 3 hours a day searching a half dozen real estate websites and we're in touch with 2 realtors in Northern Arkansas. Anxious to buy a plane ticket, rent a car and get an in-person look at the area.

Lloyd Smale
06-15-2015, 07:55 AM
My boat is sinking. Heres my order. My kids, my dog, my wife then maybe you. Ask my wife if this isn't true:wink: Family first and my dogs family.

jonp
06-15-2015, 08:32 AM
My boat is sinking. Heres my order. My kids, my dog, my wife then maybe you. Ask my wife if this isn't true:wink: Family first and my dogs family.

Lol, lloyd