PDA

View Full Version : best lube for Saeco

texasbilly
06-09-2015, 09:19 PM
I cast mostly pistol boolits, and lube/size with a Saeco lubrisizer. What is the best lube to use with this lubrisizer, and one that flows easily without heat (or without a lot of heat)? Suggestions for where to buy it?

Le Loup Solitaire
06-09-2015, 11:00 PM
I run two Saecos now for many years and use the old NRA formula- 50/50...alox/beeswax and have never used heat; never had a problem but you might if you size in a cold-really cold room. I once for a while used RCBS lube and did not have a problem with that either. Also used my own concoction of beeswax and vaseline (fairly soft anyway) and again no prob. Suggest buying a stick or two of white label and see how it works. LLS

runfiverun
06-10-2015, 10:50 AM
if you know the melt point of the lube that can give you a clue about how hard the lube will be and how easily it will flow.
if you miss the mark on your lube you can easily melt it down, add some Vaseline to soften it and re-try again.

cajun shooter
06-12-2015, 08:55 AM
If you shoot smokeless, I would recommend the BAC that is sold by our member Lars. If it is used indoors a controlled HVAC room, it flows easy, if used outdoors in a cold room it does require some help.
I've been casting since 1970 and I have owned and used all of the sizers made. The Saeco(I have a new one for sale due to cutback) is the best for that style of sizing. I went onto Ebay and put in aluminum metal pieces. I purchased two different sizes in a 1/2 inch thick size. I use c clamps to hold the press to the aluminum and the bench. This allows no screws or bolts through the bench and also I can move the sizer around to different places.
My piece of metal for the press is 4 inches wide and 10-12 inches long. You then go to wally world and purchase a travel iron for under $20 and place it on the extra area of the metal. Use a low setting as it only requires a little heat to have it work. If you use a high setting, the lube turns to liquid very fast. Once you have the exact setting, I can turn my iron down after the lube is flowing. Very easy, fast to use and much cheaper than the heaters. Web also use the iron for travel and have found that the dial on the travel irons are much more accurate than the standard irons.
It's simple and easy to try.
If you have the heated area then the BAC works as is and is one of the better lubes that sells for a very fair price. Later David

PS If you need any pics or help, contact me.

youngmman
06-12-2015, 09:31 AM
I use LBT Blue Lube. It flows pretty well in warm weather but needs some heat when it's colder. I am using it in a Star Lube/sizer but I'm not sure that matters.

SteveS
06-12-2015, 11:11 AM
The NRA mix of 50/50 bees wax to alox works well as does White Label Lubes BAC.

I've had a Saeco for years and have found that even the softest lube needs a hairdrier to warm things up once in a while.