PDA

View Full Version : Maxam CSB-1M Pistol powder

khmer6
06-09-2015, 02:02 PM
So..... I went ahead and pulled the trigger and order a case of this Maxam CSB-1M powder. Supposedly the parent company of RIO for shotgun. They actually have pistol data listed here http://www.maxamcomponents.com/media/Corporation/Outdoors_Brands/Componentes/MAXAM%20Components%20Catalogue%202015.pdf
I have read of CSB-1 but didn't see any mentioning of the "M" version aside from it was a tad bit faster than the non "M" version. Anyone else have experience with this or its variants? I hear many people say its similar to Hodgdon Universal. But could the "M" version might be closer to Unique?

tiger762
06-09-2015, 02:33 PM
The link you posted is quite useful. That is where people should be getting CSB-1 load data from rather than second-hand info from those who are just repackaging it.

Anyway, I think CSB-1M is just smaller grains, to meter easier.

khmer6
06-09-2015, 02:56 PM
Yes. LOTS of confusing and CONTRADICTING information on the various CSB powders. Some places to have appeared to mislabel CSB-1 as CSB-6!!! And others totally rename the damn thing into their own proprietary branding, not cool.
A big thumbs up goes out to hi-tech. Says it is sitting on a cart waiting for UPS to pick it up in the next couple of hours. FASSST shipping. Probably had all those kegs of powder in a box waiting for a poor sucker to slap a label on it :-D