PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question: Lee push through sizer on an RCBS press, bullet punches?

Russel Nash
06-07-2015, 01:08 AM
Hi all,

Pardon my question, but the bullet punches that come with the Lee Lube and Size Kits (the push thru's), can they fit onto or into the ram of an RCBS (Rock Chucker) press?

I visited their website and also MidwayUSA's and they both said that the bullet punches fit rams which take "standard" shell holders.

I wasn't really aware that shell holders had been standardized across a lot of the single stage presses.

Thanks in advance!

Cmm_3940
06-07-2015, 02:07 AM
Look in the back of your Lyman (or other) manual. There is a conversion chart for shellholder size numbers. I currently am using Redding, RCBS, and Lee shellholders in my Redding press. Yes, the size is standardized, and the Lee punches will fit any ram that uses normal shellholders.

Russel Nash
06-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Thank you sir!

bdbruce
06-08-2015, 05:30 PM
I also use Lee "push thru" sizing dies in my Herter's U3 45 year old single press, I believe I purchased an adapter for my press to hold Lee shell holders on E-Bay. It is inserted into the Herter's press ram and the 2 set screws are tightened, the Lee shell holders and the Lee Sizer Bullet punches "snap in" to this adapter.

williamwaco
06-08-2015, 06:31 PM
The Lee punches click into the shell holder slot.

they will work fine. I use them in RCBS and Hornady presses.

JWFilips
06-08-2015, 07:55 PM
The Lee punches click into the shell holder slot.

they will work fine. I use them in RCBS and Hornady presses.

+1 with williamwaco The plunger of the lee push through die easily fits the Rock chucker ram

largom
06-08-2015, 08:22 PM
If you remove the shell holder retaining spring clip from the press ram the Lee punch will "self center" better into the die. This also allows cases to self center better in sizing and boolit seating when reloading.

Larry

JWFilips
06-08-2015, 08:39 PM
If you remove the shell holder retaining spring clip from the press ram the Lee punch will "self center" better into the die. This also allows cases to self center better in sizing and boolit seating when reloading.

Larry

Larry.......... That is excellent advise! You never fail to add that extra bit of knowledge
Thanks for the info