PDA

View Full Version : Hakim Help

abunaitoo
06-06-2015, 04:02 AM
This is not a picture of my rifle. Just a picture of what the deflector should look like.
I got another Hakim. Should never have sold the first one.
Need some suggestions on a repair.
The shell deflector is a bent piece of metal that looks like it was spot welded to the action cover.
It broke off. I didn't do it. It's how I got the rifles.
I have the deflector.
What would be the best way to reattach it????

Artful
06-06-2015, 09:54 AM
spot weld it would be my choice.

Freightman
06-06-2015, 01:36 PM
While it is off put a piece of medical tubing on it that will save your brass.

EDG
06-07-2015, 02:43 PM
You can often find the bolt cover for sale by the cuckoos that part out rifles for money. I think they run about $30 most of the time.
Were it mine I would silver braze it with high strength alloy.
Or find a top flight TIG welder and get him to weld it back on using a little bit of filler rod to make sure it stays. You might make another buffer out of hytrel or other chemical resistant elastomer. The larger and softer the better to prevent badly dented brass. A piece of vacuum hose or fuel line can be split and attached with RTV or 3M monkey snot.

This is not a picture of my rifle. Just a picture of what the deflector should look like.
I got another Hakim. Should never have sold the first one.
Need some suggestions on a repair.
The shell deflector is a bent piece of metal that looks like it was spot welded to the action cover.
It broke off. I didn't do it. It's how I got the rifles.
I have the deflector.
What would be the best way to reattach it????

abunaitoo
06-08-2015, 03:57 PM
On my other Hakim that was sold (still kicking myself) I found some thick surgical rubber tube that fit almost perfect. Wrapped it with black tape and it looked almost factory installed.
I've been hunting for a replacement, but just can't find one.
The original looked like it was spot welded to the cover.
I'll see if I can find a body shop that might want to experiment.

1johnlb
06-08-2015, 04:06 PM
What happens to the brass without it there? Does it still kick it out of the way?

TCLouis
06-08-2015, 10:19 PM
So, If one had an Hakim with stock cut back to the first barrel band what would it be worth?

Sure wish someone had bought several magazines for theirs back when the Mags were cheap.

I have had one over 15 years and have NEVER even put a round in the magazine.

To handle it, makes me think back to the way the M14 felt in the hands.

kysunfish
06-11-2015, 05:24 AM
What happens to the brass without it there? Does it still kick it out of the way?

It kicks big dents in them