PDA

View Full Version : Looking for finger groove rubber grips for Colt Trooper Mk 3

Hardcast416taylor
06-05-2015, 11:12 PM
Trying to find a set of these grips, either Pachmayer or Hogue. I know they used to make them, but now they don`t. If you have either brand of finger groove grips please drop me a PM and an idea what you would want for them.Robert

Harry O
06-06-2015, 06:27 PM
I looked for those myself some years ago. I did not find any, made then or made earlier. They did make a rubber/finger grip for the Trooper model that was made on the earlier frame (I seem to remember it was the "I" frame). When the Trooper was redesigned for the MkIII frame that grip did not fit. There was also a rubber grip made for the MkV frame. I don't remember if it had finger grooves. However, it also does not fit the MkIII. The ONLY thing that fits a MkIII frame is a grip made specifically for the MkIII. There is no substitute that I could find.

That being said, the only set of soft grips I found was the Pachmayr Presentation Grips. They do not have finger grooves. I also found that Herrett's made a wood Shooting Star grip for the MkIII. It does not have finger grips either. The original wood grips seem to be collectors items now and are very expensive.

Good luck.