PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the movie San Andreas

dakotashooter2
06-05-2015, 12:35 PM
Think about going.... I mean who wouldn't enjoy a movie about the destruction of Komifornia?

Duckiller
06-05-2015, 03:30 PM
It is about as much fun as watching the Red River of the North flood North Dakota. Wait that happens regularly. The earthquake in Earthquake is make believe and will never happen. Dr. Lucy Jones of the USGS/Caltech says it is a fun movie but don't believe any of the Geology. The max earthquake for the San Andreas is about 7.5. The Cascadia fault that extends from northern California to Alaska is capable of a 10.0 or so. Cascadia fault is in the ocean so when it does its major thing Washington and Oregon are going to get hit with major tsunamis.

Beagle333
06-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Going to see it tomorrow. :grin:

bangerjim
06-05-2015, 05:16 PM
EXCELLENT fun movie! Be sure to see it in 3D! Tons of EFX.

Could it happen? Mabeeeeee. No where does it say it is a scientific documentary! So don't complain about it's subject.

Actually it is really satisfying to see all the liberal left coast slide away!

My wife & I really enjoyed it. Just do not read a whole lot of science into it! (I just miss the Hoover Dam!!!!! HA.....ha!)

Will definitely buy this one on Blu-Ray 3D when it comes out later this year.

bangerjim

JeffinNZ
06-05-2015, 06:15 PM
Think about going.... I mean who wouldn't enjoy a movie about the destruction of Komifornia?

Remarkably inappropriate comment. If you had lived through destructive earthquakes and loss people you loved you wouldn't make such comments.

Duckiller
06-06-2015, 02:04 AM
Thank you Jeff

Wayne Smith
06-06-2015, 12:04 PM
LOML is a Geologist. We were discussing going just to count and catalog all the mistakes. Thought it might qualify as a comedy for us. Decided not worth the money.

bangerjim
06-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Again........it is entertainment.......NOT a scientific documentary.

I felt it was well worth the $10 it cost for the 3D viewing.

GOPHER SLAYER
06-06-2015, 07:07 PM
Several years ago my wife and I took an earthquake tour and they drove us around the San Andreas fault. It was out around Indio. We were in a Jeep Wrangler. I learned something I had never heard before or since. They told us that Albert Einstein spent his summers for twenty years mapping the fault.

dakotashooter2
06-06-2015, 11:59 PM
Remarkably inappropriate comment. If you had lived through destructive earthquakes and loss people you loved you wouldn't make such comments.

Sorry I'm not politically correct. But death and destruction are an inevitable fact of life here on earth. My own family and love ones included. Once mankind figures out how to stop death or significantly extend life we had better figure out which planet we can start shipping people to..........

Four-Sixty
06-08-2015, 02:58 PM
I took a geology class in college where the instructor, who worked for USGS, told us they were investigating an early warning system. He said they decided against having any sirens because they said more people would die from the panic, than an earthquake. That was at least 20 years that I heard that. Things are even more built up now.