PDA

View Full Version : Rockford, IL lead n alloy source?

ohland
06-04-2015, 03:01 PM
I just dropped hammer on some straight lead out of Behr Iron and Metal out of Rockford, IL for $1.30 a pound. He quoted me 2.75 for 20:1, but I have a buttock load of WW. Prices seem good, I want to melt some plumbous lovin in my oven, er, Pro-Melt, before beating the drum...

Their website sorta lies down and snoozes.
http://www.behrim.com/selling-buying/babbitt

http://www.behrim.com/docs/default-document-library/babbittalloys.pdf#page=12

Secondary Lead Sows
99%+ Lead Ingot
6/2 Bullet Alloy (92 Pb, 6 SB, 2 Sn) (also called "Hardball)
8/2 Bullet Alloy (90 Pb, 8 Sb, 2 Sn)
20:1 Cowboy Lead (90 Pb,10Sn)
Antimonial (Hard) Lead
Custom Specification Alloys—allow us to meet your needs

And that is all there is. Andrew knows about cast bullets. He's chopping the lead up in 3 to 4 pound drops for my Pro-Melt.

I will be slipping into SW Rockford tomorrow and carry out my own "Operation Cast Lead" and get some. My contact, named "Andrew" is located at "Dock 25" to the SW of the Behr Den diner.... Can't let others know of this. It will be our little secret...

:cbpour:

tigweldit
06-04-2015, 03:13 PM
Hope you make back behind the "Cheddar Curtain" before the FIB Nazis realize you have been here. Can't wait to move back to cheese land and out of this horrible state of Illinois. I'm sure the lead score will be worth the risk. How much are you looking to get? Good luck.

ohland
06-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Hope you make back behind the "Cheddar Curtain" before the FIB Nazis realize you have been here. Can't wait to move back to cheese land and out of this horrible state of Illinois. I'm sure the lead score will be worth the risk. How much are you looking to get? Good luck.

100 pounds. Don't worry, I know the access codes to sneak back into Wisconsin. Also, when asked about the Bears, I will give the correct answer of "who cares about the Bears?"

Some construction up in Wisconsin from the Cheddar Curtain and past our exit. Might have to sneak over to 251, down to Rockton Rd, then slip back onto I90 (just in time to pay the toll?). Or I could just stay on 251 all the way down to their operation...

runfiverun
06-04-2015, 04:43 PM
might wanna mention the Black-hawks.
that should throw them off a bit and get them started on a little rant about their losing last night.
throw in a couple of yeah's, and some that's rights, every now and then.
they'll forget why they stopped you in the first place.