PDA

View Full Version : anyone cast for a keltic sub 2000?

twoshotc
06-03-2015, 12:25 PM
I have been attempting to get decent accuracy from my cast bolts in this little gun but the accuracy is terrible. Using fmj and jhp the accuracy is ok. I have used tumble lube and powder coated with a 124gr lee mold. The fmj and jhp are 115 grain so maybe that is the problem. The folks a the keltec forum generally say that 124 gr bullets work better than the 115 at least in jacketed bullets.
What do you think?

Cowboy_Dan
06-03-2015, 12:41 PM
I think you should try many things, but only change one thing at a time. I don't own a 9mm but I understand they can be finicky, especially with cast.

btreanor
06-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Every firearm I've ever owned has had a personality of its own with likes and dislikes with regard to what types of reloads it likes so it's difficult to generalize about the weight of bullet. Having said that, I would slug the barrel and see if it requires a larger boolit. That may be part of the problem. Also, I've had better luck with slower burning powders (specifically HS-6) with lead boolits in ALL of my 9mms rather than the faster-burning powders like Bullseye and 231. There is also a good sticky about shooting cast in a 9mm by MtnGun 44 that you should take a look at. It was very helpful to me.

Digger
06-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Have a Sub but in 40 s+w with glock mags ....not much help for the nine people sorry to say .
A really fun shooter with Miha's 135 HP mold ..fairly accurate at fifty yards with 3.8 gr's of WST and functions fine.
Haven't spent enough time to carefully scale loads , someone else always wants to try it out .

EMC45
06-04-2015, 10:58 AM
I use mine (.40 Cal.) with Lee TC 175gr. bullet unsized and lubed with ALOX. They do well. I tried them at .401 lubed with Moly lube and they keyholed and were horribly inaccurate. Now they shoot straight and are very accurate.

W.R.Buchanan
06-04-2015, 07:08 PM
I use mine (.40 Cal.) with Lee TC 175gr. bullet unsized and lubed with ALOX. They do well. I tried them at .401 lubed with Moly lube and they keyholed and were horribly inaccurate. Now they shoot straight and are very accurate.

Ditto. Mine is a .40 S&W Glock as well. Works well with the Lee 175 gr Bullets, unsized.

I'd try some heavier 9mm's in your gun, see if you can find something around 145 gr.

These guns are not exactly tack drivers however they do shoot well with jacketed bullets so they can be made to shoot well with cast as well. In any event I think the best you are going to do with anything is about 2-3." at 50 yards. The gun is a 100 yard gun in any event. Used in that context 2-3"@ 50 is more than adequate.

The original intent of the gun was for Police use as an alternative to their pistols giving Greater Range and Accuracy while using the same ammo and magazines as their service pistol. Folds in half and packs in a laptop case.

Really fun guns to kill beer cans with 30 round mags. Obviously has other uses as well. Randy