PDA

View Full Version : second email to NOE with no response =(

LAKEMASTER
06-02-2015, 11:13 PM
yesterday i sent off my 2nd email regarding a ranchdog mold to noe. i even made an account and got a direct email address instead of a contact page.

im a little saddened because it seems like theres noone else who does a 5/6 cavity ranchdog mold. they get a lot of praise on here for quality molds so im anxious about purchasing one but i wanted to ask about their options on the bottom of the item page. im honestly considering this mold like a 1 time per lifetime purchase since i think itl fit all my needs i can see in the future so im holding out. i may just order one and hope i get a response sometime later on...

blaser.306
06-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Remain patient and Al will get back to you! NOE turns out a #1 quality product that is always worth the wait. I am willing to bet that 1 isn't going to be enough.

dragon813gt
06-02-2015, 11:24 PM
What questions do you have? The options are pretty straight forward and one of us can most likely answer it.

LAKEMASTER
06-02-2015, 11:29 PM
maybe someone on here can help me... http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=71_75&products_id=516

so at the bottom of the page i see the options for

Available Options:
Drill for Probe:
01 (+$2.50)
Lyman / RCBS style Top Punch:
01 (+$5.00)
Mold Wrench and Sprueplate Lube:
01 (+$2.50)
Saeco style Top Punch:
01 (+$7.50)

Add to Cart

do i need any of the options stated above ? i dont understand the 2 different punch options, and the probe thing i have never heard of.

thank you for helping a nube =)

LAKEMASTER
06-02-2015, 11:30 PM
What questions do you have? The options are pretty straight forward and one of us can most likely answer it.

Thank you !

LAKEMASTER
06-02-2015, 11:31 PM
chances the only resizing system ill be buying in the future will be a lee system. which stems my confusion on the top punches

just_shooter
06-02-2015, 11:33 PM
maybe someone on here can help me... http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/product_info.php?cPath=71_75&products_id=516

so at the bottom of the page i see the options for

Available Options:
Drill for Probe:
01 (+$2.50)
Lyman / RCBS style Top Punch:
01 (+$5.00)
Mold Wrench and Sprueplate Lube:
01 (+$2.50)
Saeco style Top Punch:
01 (+$7.50)

Add to Cart

do i need any of the options stated above ? i dont understand the 2 different punch options, and the probe thing i have never heard of.

thank you for helping a nube =)

If these options don't speak to you anything you don't need them:D
But get a lube.

dragon813gt
06-02-2015, 11:35 PM
Top punches are for Lyman/RCBS and Saeco designs. If you don't have one you don't need them. The tap is for a mold thermometer so you know the temp. Al sells one if you wish to buy one. Not needed unless you want it. None of mine are tapped.

LAKEMASTER
06-02-2015, 11:36 PM
beautiful...

GLL
06-02-2015, 11:41 PM
LAKEMASTER:

I am sure Al will be getting back to you very soon. His customer service is outstanding !

If you are using a LEE sizer and pan lubing you do not need a top punch.
You only want to drill the mold if you have a temperature prob available.
If you have a set of hex wrenches you do not need the "mold wrench".

Jerry

1johnlb
06-03-2015, 12:06 AM
It seems like Al's email is regularly crashing. But every time I call he picks up.

Bzcraig
06-03-2015, 12:07 AM
NOE really makes a quality product! My experience has been that he is not the best at responding to email, but he has always answered his phone. All the answers above are spot on so order with complete confidence cause the other truly amazing aspect of Al's molds is how fast he gets them to you.

Hardcast416taylor
06-03-2015, 05:04 AM
I get the impression that you either have never used a boolet mold before to understand the options or you are "baiting" a response controversy.Robert

StrawHat
06-03-2015, 06:36 AM
I, for one, am glad that NOE is in the shop making molds rather than sitting around waiting to answer emails. I run a small service business and on occasion get a phone call from someone who says, "...I sent you and email this morning and have not heard back from you... " Really? I get on the computer once a day and only get to spend a little time on forums, usually every other day. The rest of the time, I am at work.

This forum is a great place to learn about the ins and outs of molds. As has been said, the top punches are for certain sizing presses and the probe/drilled hole is just that. A hole for a thermometer (I think). I have been casting for nearly 5 decades and for me, a flat topped punch in each caliber works fine for all shapes. As for the thermometer, I have never used one but I am merely a basic caster. I use binary alloys and simple furnaces. If you are all techno savvy, maybe it is something you need.

Kevin

bedbugbilly
06-03-2015, 08:40 AM
I was part of a "group buy" from NOE a while back - had never dealt with them before. I had a couple of questions and e-mailed them - it took a couple of days to hear back from Al but he was very helpful. Be patient. As someone who was "self-employed" for many years and who ran a "shop", it takes a lot of work and time to run things . . answering inquiries, quotes and doing production . . regardless if you are a "one man shop" or if you have help.

I can't say enough good about NOE and their service . . . and the mold I received was one of the nicest I've ever seen . . . and I've been casting for 50+ years. The mold I purchased was my "first" from them . . it won't be my last. They are top notch people with top notch products in my book . . .

dg31872
06-03-2015, 08:42 AM
Just call him.
I think he must have a cot in a corner of his machine shop.
I have called and left messages on his shop phone and he always returns my calls.
One time he called me back at eight thirty ( Texas time ) and one time he called me back on a Sunday morning.
The guy is devoted to his work.

Handloader109
06-03-2015, 08:42 AM
He hasn't answered (directly) an email I sent a couple of weeks ago. I had purchased two molds, paying with check rather than thru online payment. I'd received email confirmation of order and then a couple of days later email stating mold had shipped. I had just mailed the check that morning, and I KNEW that they could not have received check. USPS isn't that good yet! Fired off email inquiry if they had shipped before payment. Never received response. But two days later another email with tracking #.... Answer in hand. Two perfect molds a couple of days later. Buy the mold! You will NOT be disappointed. This is #3 for me and they all work well. BTW, you do have to read a bit to understand the options on some of them.

LAKEMASTER
06-03-2015, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the responses.!

i think ill buy a mold today =)=)

and to Robert, ive only used lee products, infact only 1 lee 6 cavity. (and i only casted ~600 rounds ) so i was dumb founded when i saw a mold with options.

negative remarks dont really contribute to anything.

jmort
06-03-2015, 10:13 AM
My experience is that I do not expect an answer to my emails to NOE, but I like their molds and as noted, you can always call Mr. Nelson. You pay and the mold ships forthwith. Their shipping department is a well oiled machine.

SwedeNelson
06-03-2015, 01:02 PM
LAKEMASTER

Sorry - a little behind - my inbox has over 2400 unread e-mails in it today
Working on getting them whittled down

It looks like you got your questions answered OK
Have any more give me a call 801 377-7289

Again - sorry
Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

LAKEMASTER
06-03-2015, 11:23 PM
LAKEMASTER

Sorry - a little behind - my inbox has over 2400 unread e-mails in it today
Working on getting them whittled down

It looks like you got your questions answered OK
Have any more give me a call 801 377-7289

Again - sorry
Bullet maker, maker
Swede Nelson

i certainly wont email you anymore. im truly impressed how fast you send out molds. you have my future business.

youll either get my order,or phone call LOL !

Moonie
06-05-2015, 08:59 AM
Al makes great molds and I don't think he has ever let anyone down. I have a couple of his, a 22 caliber Saeco 221 clone and a 350gr 452 HP RG2 that I've recently received (darn you Al and your weekly sales lol). Both cast well but I'm still getting used to the RGx style mold as the only other HP mold I've used is one of Miha's using a very different pin arrangement.

You will certainly not be dissapointed in your experience with NOE.

DrCaveman
06-05-2015, 11:16 PM
Swede

2400 emails today? That looks like a huge amount of (deserved) business! Im sure you have a million better ways to spend your time than sifting through that many messages... Dare i suggest: find a high schooler or neice or nephew looking for a little $9/hour part time job?

You guys are putting out top-notch product with glowing reviews...dont be afraid to invest in the non-commital american-sourced job market that teens represent, to help satisfy your customers.

Im waiting on a supposed inventory run, which is surely stalled due to massive pressure from other active runs. No complaints, but i suspect that the delay could be minimized through the utilization of a few sharp-minded teens to help with order/email processing. Hey, they are cheap, and are the future of the nation!

TXGunNut
06-05-2015, 11:31 PM
Seems Al spends his weekends (if he's not in the shop) answering e-mails. But yes, OP, many of us can answer any questions you may have about NOE products and Al is too modest to tell it like it is!

Yes, order lube and a wrench. That way you'll always have a dedicated "mould wrench". Lube is good stuff as well, lasts a long timel. I generally order the top punch, depending on the boolit design it may come in handy some day. Which mould did you order?. If it's for a rifle boolit you may want to get the punch. I don't use a temp probe but folks who cast some very precise boolits do.
The little piece of paper that will come with your new mould is not packing material, it is sage advice for breaking in a new mould.