PDA

View Full Version : Raging Swaging???

aaronraad
06-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Any experiences to date with this company?

http://www.ragingswaging.com/index.html

goblism
06-02-2015, 10:49 PM
I think that is upnorth's new company. He has an interesting history here at cast boolits but I still want to give an adjustable mold a try

R.Ph. 380
06-02-2015, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I'm just waiting for him to get his cart up and running for an adjustable coremold.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
06-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Tim does a nice job on the adjustable core molds.

Capt. Senile
06-03-2015, 10:38 PM
Tim does a stellar job with his .22 bullet dies also. His core swage moulds are very consistent when locked in.

I'm off to the NRA Whittington Center this weekend for the Cowboy Lever Silhouette Nationals with 10,000 seated cores to finish up. Can't wait to actually get to shoot some of them.

MIBULLETS
06-07-2015, 05:23 PM
I have a jacket trimming die Tim made for me. Good quality work and a nice guy to deal with. If you want something before his cart is up, just call him. I think his number is on the site.

ljm
06-08-2015, 11:21 PM
I have his 22 cal package which included the following, Derimming die,Core mold,Trim die,Core swage die,Core seat die, and Point form die. I put in a order for a point tipping die and punch for another project, he was honest and told me up front it will be a while. He does excellent work !!!!

ljm
08-12-2015, 11:27 PM
Just got back from visiting Raging Swaging custom tools. Talk about a busy person Tim is, he had three machines running at one time. He was working on some past orders trying to finish them up by the end of next week he said. He was also building up on quite a inventory of presses, custom longer adjustable core molds with steel sprue plates and steel cam levers, his design on the sprue plate I thought was a very good idea which know longer uses the cam lever and sprue handle which means no more broken pieces, showed me his smaller prototype swage press, and had a two to three foot wide by eight foot long bench of dies he was busy polishing on. I would say pretty quick his shopping cart should be up and running, as he must have quite a amount of money tied up in materials alone. He also had a bunch of auto ejectors made up and on the shelf that I seen. He was going to give me a tour of his finishing building and final assembly building that was going thru a internal remodel but he got tied up in a phone call . I did put in a order for some things and should have them in a while after he said he got caught up fulfilling some things. I am sure glad I got a chance to meet him and stop by his facility, what a stand up person and very talented. I am glad I waited to get his swage tooling, as I had another chance to buy a Corbin set up but I figured time to support the new generation of die builders. A note to the people that have been waiting he does top notch work and you will be happy guaranteed. I am excited for him and I think you all should help in supporting his business. LJM

just bill
08-13-2015, 04:42 AM
Just talked to him earlier this week, said the board in his CNC needed rebuilt, capacitor problems. I got one of his core molds, waiting for a second and an er40 holder.
Bill

R.Ph. 380
08-13-2015, 05:37 PM
I keep saying, I have his full sized press and it is a masterpiece. LJM, glad to hear he's up and running. Tim needs some good luck and hard work is the way to go. Bet his dies are top notch.

Bill

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Is he making er40 collet chucks too?

ljm
08-13-2015, 11:02 PM
Just called Tim this afternoon and his lathe is back up and running. I did see a computer board on one of his work desks and that was the broken down board for his lathe. Illinois Coyote Hunter I can't answer if he is making the er thing I have no idea. Rph I got to try a set of 45 cal dies on the big press and also the prototype smaller press. The big press is a night and day difference in effort making it much easier to do. I derimmed some 22 rim fires on it also and it was zero effort. I also tried the derimming die on the rock Chucker and lee classic cast press and his die has a definite advantage over some of the competitions as I have it also. I have a friend who has several of the different manufacturers die and it is light years ahead. He had a few sets of quite a few different caliber dies made up and sitting on his shelves. I know for a fact he was completing some .500 stuff and had some extras of them. I do have his 22 cal package and showed it to a friend who is spoiled on corbin stuff. He was very impressed with the workmanship and even when he tried them he said they were as good as corbins. He also said the derimming dies is much better in the less effort thing and makes jackets he thought as good as the others in quality. Gotta get going give him a shout if you need something. LJM

just bill
08-13-2015, 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=IllinoisCoyoteHunter;3343995]Is he making er40 collet chucks too?[/QUOTE

I sent him a concept drawing for an er 40. Don't know when it is going to be done. I hope this year, I need it for some die work. May have to get a 3 jaw till then. All I have is a 4 jaw, set up time and lack of experience slow me down terribly.
Bill

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-14-2015, 09:16 AM
Bill if you get on YouTube there are several videos on setting up a 4 jaw in no time. The trick with 4 jaws is using 2 chuck keys at the same time. Does your lathe have a threaded spindle?

just bill
08-14-2015, 02:06 PM
ICH I have a Logan with a 1 1/2 8 or 10 spindle. Can't remember. I'm not near the lathe right now.
Bill

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-14-2015, 07:13 PM
Bill, there is a great instructional Web page that gives step by step instructions on making your own er 40 collet chuck...and with you machining it on your spindle it should have very very little to no runout. Here is a link.

http://www.projectsinmetal.com/two-handy-accessories-for-your-g0602-lathe-part-2-an-er40-chuck-adapter/

The specs are for the Grizzly 10x22 lathe but the only difference will be your spindle threads. A collet nut and wrench can be purchased from Shars on the cheap. Just FYI

I used 12L14 and had about $13 in steel, $15 in the collet nut, and $10 in the wrench...plus collets of course at about $10/each. Basic tooling is all that is needed...plus you get to practice internal threading, metric threading, and turning precise tapers. I am a beginner and found it to be a great project.

DukeInFlorida
08-17-2015, 04:56 PM
And I quote:
"Our Bullet Swaging Dies are made from top quality steel and are heat treated and polished to a mirror finish. "

http://www.ragingswaging.com/Untitled-23.jpg

HUH??? Mirror finish???

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-17-2015, 08:43 PM
That is the bottom and outside of the die. No need to polish that to a mirror finish. What's inside is what counts.

just bill
08-17-2015, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE=IllinoisCoyoteHunter;3347960]That is the bottom and outside of the die. No need to polish that to a mirror finish. What's inside is what counts.[/QUOTE

You beat me to the punch. You know as well as I do that there are icons in every sections of life and if you do things a little different someone is going to nit pick every step of the way. BT is a pretty good machinist there is no denying it, however he has a hook that grabbed attention, converting used brass casings into fairly accurate projectiles, and we know Duke is one of his best customers.

RLW
08-18-2015, 12:03 PM
Buyer beware on this one. My story below.

In November of 2013 (21 months ago) I ordered a press and a die from Tim. I paid up front over $1400 which included shipping for the press and the first die. I was quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months turn around time. Shortly after I decided that I wanted a second die and a core mold so I paid in full for the die as well as the service of cutting the mold and I sent him a blank mold.

In September of 2014 (10 months later) after several people on this site posted in his thread that they were in the same situation and some of them had been waiting longer than myself I decided that I would give him 6 weeks to produce the goods or I was going to report him for fraud. In short order he contacted me and produced the first die and sent it to me with the promise that he would produce the rest shortly after. I have yet to see the rest of what I paid for. Six weeks ago or so I told him if he can get me the press I'll forget about the second die. Still nothing. He is always saying he is working on them and working on back ordered stuff but then you always hear about new stuff he is making or according to this thread "building up on quite a inventory of presses".

The times I have spoken with Tim on the phone he seems like a nice enough guy and I really do wish him the best, but when your quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months and 21 months later your fighting to get your stuff something is wrong.

ljm
08-18-2015, 02:52 PM
RLW,
Before making a statement like you did above I would have called him and talked to Tim. No matter how busy he is he always comes to the phone for me or at the very least calls back. I can see why a few people are still waiting for there things. I have my own business and after the slamming he has received I would make them wait also. I shouldn't have wrote a thing on here about his business because the critics always crawl out of the wood work. I think I owe Tim a apology and will do it right here in writing. I will also call him and apologize over the phonebetter yet I am going to visit him today. I am also going to discuss legality things with him. Fraud is taking somebody's money without the intention of producing nothing. I have my own legal business have seen enough on here and will open this up for him for no charge. Also Duke in Florida and a few others who have there comments it is time for you to step up to the plate and retract some things. You can have your own opinion but keep it to yourself or do it thru a private message. When I seen his offering on the 22 cal package I jumped on it and received a excellent product. Then all of a sudden I see him get temporarily banned and lose his vendor sponsorship. I will look into this further and will follow up on it legally. I have seen one of the moderators praising BT Snipers work and is a customer of his. I see this as somebodys tail got stepped on and the competition was eliminated. I see BT Sniper coming on here and talking about his research and development and coming up with new products for sale. While people are waiting for products from him. Also Tim showed me some interesting private messages between him and a few moderators and the owner. I know for a fact now who is favored, it is about time for some things to change for some people, and they get a awakening on the law. I do have these things hard copied with date and time stamp. I am on my way back to his shop which is a few hours away and will be seriously talking to him in about a hour. When I read the above I was very mad and figured it was time to do something. The ball is in your court now for a few. When I seen the way Tim was working I felt for him. I can certainly say I feel for him now by the comments here. The couple of people that commented good things I can say you are certainly good people. Also in business things come up that are not or can't be planned for. That is machines breaking and people getting sick. Some people need to think before they write as someone's livelihood and reputation is at stake. Well I am sitting in Tims yard right now and decided I would post this when I got there. LJM

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-18-2015, 03:11 PM
I am pretty sure he has talked to Tim many times over the phone. If you keep getting the run-around it is a good idea to warn others. He strictly stated his experience and there was no "bashing." Tim has made a few core molds for me and got them to me quickly and they are perfect.

In my experience on this forum, if you are a vendor and have a quality product, deliver that product within a reasonable time, and offer customer service on that product, then you will EARN praise from both moderators and other members. I hope Tim gets it all squared away because I like the guy but hate seeing people get taken.

ljm
08-18-2015, 03:23 PM
I am asking anybody that has any negative comments or questions on there order to private message or email Tim directly. We are going to have a bite to eat and discuss this matter. No need to call him as he won't be in the shop this afternoon. I can say as he is sitting beside me he is very upset when I showed this to him. Also RLW, Tim showed me the email he sent to you today and also explained to me how he was awaiting some samples from you so he could finish your second die. I also asked him why there isn't a lot of positive comments on here from past customers and he told me he asks most customers to not put anything on here. I can see why he asks this. I am hungry and we are going for a good meal and a few drinks on me to discuss this one. LJM

RLW
08-18-2015, 03:58 PM
LJM, go back and read the timeline in my post and then explain to me what is an acceptable amount of time for delivering on a product that I was quoted 1 1/2 to 2 months on. I will quite frankly be little shocked if your answer is 21 months or longer. If your in business for yourself which you claim to be, you should know that there is a point at which you drop everything and do what is right. I have my own business as well and I have lost money making things right when needed. That's just how it goes.

As for the idea that the people on this forum are somehow out to get someone and that other members are being favored, that's absolutely insane. The people who run this site should have stepped in sooner by all accounts in order to protect the credibility of the other vendors on the site.

It is interesting that Tim emailed me shortly after I made my post. If that were to have been before my post I would call it a coincidence. As for him waiting on dimensions for the second die, as I mentioned in my post I told him 6 weeks ago that if he would send the press I'm happy to forget the second die on account of needing the press for a project. If my press were in hand today even without the second die and the fact that the core mold is ancient history of course I would not have even posted about my experience.

And lets be clear. Nobody asks their customers not to post positive things about their services. He started asking his customers who are waiting on orders to contact him via email and PM after things went south because it was bad for business.

ljm
08-18-2015, 04:01 PM
We discussed the RLW business dealing and Tim has talked to him and quote less than 5 times over the phone. Also quote from Tim , I feel bad and have and will always put myself in the shoes of the customer. Also I have instructed Tim to sign up as either himself or something to do with his new business name. It probably will get rejected and he will be banned, but at least that way he can respond or at least have tried to respond. I am now representing him . We will see what happens with the new sign up. LJM

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-18-2015, 04:18 PM
Why do you have to represent Tim? Can't he talk to his customers on the phone? I am sure all of his customers have his phone number...

RLW
08-18-2015, 04:48 PM
LJM, if your representing Tim tell him to go ahead and send me the press, or a refund. I would be happy with either one. Then, when he gets his account here he's in the clear as far as my input goes.

ljm
08-18-2015, 04:51 PM
Why am I representing him is none of any body's business. As far as Tim talking on the phone is it goes like this, Spend your time where you make money. I know your answer already will be taking care of your customer. My answer to that is get your work done and make money. Also at least a few people could tell the whole story in a few sentences.
As far as asking customers not to write the good was to not get over booked. I have only seen a couple of bad things written. Does that warrant a buyer beware? As far as coincidence as him emailing you it was just that a simple coincidence, or maybe doing what is right. Sometimes you just can't get all emailings done in one day. I know how people are just going to write what is on there mind at the time. LJM
Also as you are in business for yourself you should know how things come up. Like I said some people can wait and some can't. Tim can speak for himself if he wants to come on here, as he has zero and I can say zero lawsuits going.
Also maybe you can share some insight on why his U.P. North sticky is still up but closed so no one can respond. My looks on it from the legal system is being made a example of and making doing business hard.
Also since this is a copyright site giving the writer the rights to there content they write. That makes it impossible to do anything when it is frozen. Look on the bottom of the site on the copyright. In the legal system when something is frozen like it is it should be deleted and that is what happens. Also the site is usually shut down for good. My intention on writing what I just wrote earlier was to say enough is enough on this. Everybody that was waiting for product is on the top of Tims list of things to get done first.
Also ICH I commend you for telling the truth on your dealing with him and his workmanship.

ljm
08-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Rlw,
i sent you a pm!

RLW
08-18-2015, 05:15 PM
OK LJM, lets try this again. If you told a customer that you would deliver a product in 2 months, and something came up at what point would you simply get it done no matter what?

Lets say you were running behind and you notified the customer (not what happened here) at the 2 month mark. Then after the first thing you get ill and are unable to complete the order again. What is an acceptable amount of time that you would wait before either refunding the money or paying someone else to do it? Are we talking 6 months, 12 months, 18 months? Throw a number out there.

RLW
08-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Rlw,
i sent you a pm!

Responded to PM. I doubt its what you were hoping for.

ljm
08-18-2015, 05:44 PM
RLW,
What part of a pm didn't you understand. I deal with this all the time and I seen how people jump in when a can of worms is opened. To answer your question on a time line, I said I would make a thorn in the side wait till the last job to be done. Do you want to be the last JOB done? As I wrote people's things were getting finished after my visit to his facility. I seen somebody with the talent and drive to become a good supplier with swaging products. I have a new order in with him and this takes time from his schedule on finishing orders and starting new products. That is why he should not be on the phone with customers and emailing every time something comes up. It takes time away from making product. LJM

RLW
08-18-2015, 05:51 PM
So your idea of doing good business is making a customer wait longer than others based on liking them or not? On top of that threatening to do so? That's a very responsible thing to do. Its also retarded as then you have to spend more time dealing with the thorn in your side.

And can we all stop pretending that your not Tim? It was semi fun at first but now its getting ridiculous.

ljm
08-18-2015, 06:11 PM
So your idea of doing good business is making a customer wait longer than others based on liking them or not? On top of that threatening to do so? That's a very responsible thing to do. Its also retarded as then you have to spend more time dealing with the thorn in your side.

And can we all stop pretending that your not Tim? It was semi fun at first but now its getting ridiculous.

RLW,
I would get your facts straight on accusations. If you think I am Tim you are wrong. Maybe I should find out who you are RLW. I said if you have a offering for Tim on your press do it in a pm. I seen Tim working on your press and that is enough. I also seen the die body for the second die waiting to be cut. I am spending the night in a motel room and will stop in his shop in the morning. I took him to lunch to get some facts straight. You have a good evening, I know I will. LJM If you want to now my real name I can make sure you find out.

RLW
08-18-2015, 06:16 PM
For someone who represents people in legal matters you sure do like to use threats a lot.

contendernut
08-18-2015, 07:44 PM
So, LJM= Tim=ragin swagin

ljm
08-18-2015, 08:13 PM
RLW,
Nothing was written as a threat or meant as a threat. I wrote some things to help clarify some things. I would not advise any client to hold out on a person. I seen where one person wrote and you also jumped in that is all on that matter. Now I see how one person wrote thinking Tim is me, based on something you wrote. As I said I am going to meet back up with Tim in the morning. I have something in the works that may benefit most. LJM

dragon813gt
08-18-2015, 08:22 PM
What you wrote was an idle threat. You threatened to make it so he got the products he paid for after all other JOBs are done. I suggest you reread what you posted. I reported that post to the moderators because you did make an idle threat.

At a minimum it's a very poor way to represent a company. I've been following this but haven't posted. But felt compelled after your last few posts.

ljm
08-18-2015, 09:37 PM
I would advise him to do the work in the order payment was received. Also if Tim decides as it is his decision to do what job is next . Here is my observation with meeting with Tim a few times, he is trying to please to many people at once. I seen his broken down machine on my first visit and when I returned today it was up and running. I made this second visit after seeing what somebody wrote before all this started today. I left my legal views out till I was pushed. These are my views on this and if papers are drawn then all discussion by me and my client shall stop on here. I asked Tim to bring a few things tomorrow for our meeting and to think about what we discussed with him.

ljm
08-18-2015, 10:01 PM
Just got back from visiting Raging Swaging custom tools. Talk about a busy person Tim is, he had three machines running at one time. He was working on some past orders trying to finish them up by the end of next week he said. He was also building up on quite a inventory of presses, custom longer adjustable core molds with steel sprue plates and steel cam levers, his design on the sprue plate I thought was a very good idea which know longer uses the cam lever and sprue handle which means no more broken pieces, showed me his smaller prototype swage press, and had a two to three foot wide by eight foot long bench of dies he was busy polishing on. I would say pretty quick his shopping cart should be up and running, as he must have quite a amount of money tied up in materials alone. He also had a bunch of auto ejectors made up and on the shelf that I seen. He was going to give me a tour of his finishing building and final assembly building that was going thru a internal remodel but he got tied up in a phone call . I did put in a order for some things and should have them in a while after he said he got caught up fulfilling some things. I am sure glad I got a chance to meet him and stop by his facility, what a stand up person and very talented. I am glad I waited to get his swage tooling, as I had another chance to buy a Corbin set up but I figured time to support the new generation of die builders. A note to the people that have been waiting he does top notch work and you will be happy guaranteed. I am excited for him and I think you all should help in supporting his business. LJM
This is the first thing I wrote about my first visit with Tim. This is the first time I met him. By the way my wife bought the 22 cal package from Tim on the sly to surprise me. I think a few should read about what he told me on the new order, and what he was finishing up on first.

Fishman
08-18-2015, 10:33 PM
Wow. Just. Wow.

oneokie
08-18-2015, 11:22 PM
Tim Rahko of u.p.north swaging the same as Tim of Raging Swaging? Locked sticky up above tells the sordid details of his business ventures on this forum.

rolltide
08-19-2015, 12:48 AM
I would add a few observations by a disinterested third party.

I am saddened that upnorth is no longer a viable vendor here (I was planning to order some things from him), and I am sure the administration here is doing a good job administering this site. I wish Upnorth, Tim, and/or Ragin' Swagin' the very best in all their/his legitimate endeavors.

RLW - You are a paragon of virtue and patience. I would have long ago pursued criminal prosecution of the vendor and let the local DA represent my interests at state expense. This was done with another person from Michigan by members of this site with good results leading to conviction and restitution at court order (results being posted publicly here helped me make informed decisions when dealing with a person on ebay who may have been the same disreputable person or his family member up to similar tricks). I am really grateful for this forum, the administration, and the members for posting news and experiences publicly here, not PM's, so we can make informed decisions about people with whom we do business in this hobby. I hope Ragin' Swagin' turns out to be a reputable purveyor of serviceable products, as competition is good for the consumer ( namely me ).

I have no idea if ljm = Tim/upnorth/or ragin'swagin' (and really don't care). Based simply on the few posts in this thread, I would DEFINITELY say ljm = well intended supporter of Tim, but with a bewildering variety of grammatical imperfections, astounding logical fallacies, and profound tactical absurdities in disservice of his own stated position. In short, if I were Tim, I would thank ljm for his good intentions and insist that he never utter another single word on my behalf in any public forum. I don't even know the man and I'm embarrassed for him over how he embarrasses himself with nearly every post and seems totally unaware. If Tim offers reputable service and good products he will need no defense. If he doesn't, no defense will save his business.

Just my dos pesos

ljm
08-19-2015, 01:41 AM
Sorry I didn't write everything to par.I don't have my suit and tie on.I am on my own time and wrote what I was thinking. As you mentioned the other individual from Michigan was convicted of and is paying restitution to the customer's of his. Myself,and my piers feel Tim was treated unjust and there are zero convictions on his record. Yes RLW is patient and seems like a good person like the other 99.5 percent on here. Let's put it this way, when I seen what Tim wrote to Jon in Glencoe (moderator of swaging sub forum) the response was totally lame. I can see why Tim no longer follows this forum or participates at all. I have and had no intention to bring up some legality things ,but my hand is about to be forced. It is a issue of embarrassing somebody and that is a part of the quote from Jon in Glencoe. Also Tim asked the owner if it was alright to put the offer up on the table for the 22 cal package when he still had past dealings to finish, he was told yes that is a good deal. I also asked for customers to pm with questions as that would solve things faster, as usually things can be worked out between the two easier. Instead you have others adding fuel to the fire that have no dealings in it what so ever. Also I think that oneokie could have done something a little different. Tim spelled it out perfectly in a pm to them that it is their site, and they can do what ever they want to. Well it is somewhat true it also needs to be in the limits of the law.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-19-2015, 12:29 PM
Sorry I didn't write everything to par.I don't have my suit and tie on.I am on my own time and wrote what I was thinking. As you mentioned the other individual from Michigan was convicted of and is paying restitution to the customer's of his. Myself,and my piers feel Tim was treated unjust and there are zero convictions on his record. Yes RLW is patient and seems like a good person like the other 99.5 percent on here. Let's put it this way, when I seen what Tim wrote to Jon in Glencoe (moderator of swaging sub forum) the response was totally lame. I can see why Tim no longer follows this forum or participates at all. I have and had no intention to bring up some legality things ,but my hand is about to be forced. It is a issue of embarrassing somebody and that is a part of the quote from Jon in Glencoe. Also Tim asked the owner if it was alright to put the offer up on the table for the 22 cal package when he still had past dealings to finish, he was told yes that is a good deal. I also asked for customers to pm with questions as that would solve things faster, as usually things can be worked out between the two easier. Instead you have others adding fuel to the fire that have no dealings in it what so ever. Also I think that oneokie could have done something a little different. Tim spelled it out perfectly in a pm to them that it is their site, and they can do what ever they want to. Well it is somewhat true it also needs to be in the limits of the law.

http://preview.images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=2729805&generatorTypeID=&panels=&text0=&text1=So,%20Tim,%20you%20think%20you%20have%20a%20 leg%20to%20stand%20on%20%3F&text2=&text3=

oneokie
08-19-2015, 12:51 PM
I find it strange that one of the posters on this thread uses a Proxy server to access the forum, thus hiding their location.

dragon813gt
08-19-2015, 01:02 PM
I find it strange that one of the posters on this thread uses a Proxy server to access the forum, thus hiding their location.

Can we place bets on who it is?

Red River Rick
08-19-2015, 04:36 PM

No need too.............

Utah Shooter
08-19-2015, 08:34 PM

Not me! :popcorn:

marten
08-20-2015, 06:26 AM
The 'swaging' part of the site has, unfortunately, gone downhill.
All the keyboard lawyers, the bt'n'puke man love fest etc. has pushed those of us who enjoyed sharing info to back off.
Such a shame, but you get what you deserve.

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-20-2015, 09:16 AM
If you don't like it then don't come in here.

RLW
08-20-2015, 11:43 AM
I have only been a member here for a few years, but I have not seen anything that would discourage people from sharing information. There really aren't that many people that swage bullets and just about none of them are "keyboard Lawyers". The Homophobia issue I can't help you with.

All the keyboard lawyers, the bt'n'puke man love fest etc. has pushed those of us who enjoyed sharing info to back off.

Red River Rick
08-20-2015, 02:22 PM

It's comments like this that don't help the cause................:?

Totally uncalled for!

RRR

IllinoisCoyoteHunter
08-20-2015, 03:00 PM
There is no "cause". It is simple. If you want to come in here and say how bad it is, then don't come in here. We don't need any negativity in here (or anywhere else on this forum for that matter). If you want to shoot down our vendor sponsors, do it somewhere else. There are PLENTY of other threads with LOTS of EXCELLENT information in this forum that one can peruse without coming in here..

I think this swaging section is great. Period.

dragon813gt
08-20-2015, 04:32 PM
You should be able to talk negatively about any vendor regardless of their status here. This is of course if the criticism is warranted. If it's just to bash then there is no reason. But on the flip side it does seem that some members noses are buried quite deep......well I can't continue that thought w/out some infractions :laugh:

aaronraad
08-20-2015, 09:33 PM
...and this Thread isn't locked yet????

I enjoy the obvious level of passion held by the average swager, but when I asked, "Any experiences to date with this company?" I should have asked for a basic one liner like the Feedback system on eBay with a tick'n'flick star rating. My mistake.

It's pretty simple, did you get what you paid for?

DIFOT (Delivery In-Full, On-Time) performance measurements look better and better every day...

I'll draw my own conclusions from the responses so far, thanks. For those that want to get into every specific detail of their own experiences followed by every interaction post-dating the start of this Thread, please consider starting your own Thread...and see how far you get.:shock:

clodhopper
08-20-2015, 09:59 PM
I got a pinch trim die from UPNorth, machined as advertised, a couple months after promised.

just bill
08-20-2015, 10:18 PM
It is interesting how the emotions bounded left and right of center. All the boys making dies are no less than 6months wait. When I received my first core mold, which is truly a work of machining art. One of the first questions was how long did I wait? I've read about the " Big C brothers" taking years to fill in stock orders. Remember he is making custom stuff like reamers, custom adjustable core molds as well as modified Lee blanks. Swaging presses as well as brass lapping rods. I think he is going to hit 2016 with a very interesting product line.
Bill

Utah Shooter
08-20-2015, 11:44 PM
Aaron my friend, I am actually glad this thread is not locked yet!

Yes it has gone down hill.

Right there is no reason to post a negative opinion. :violin:

I have only been a member here for a few years, but I have not seen anything that would discourage people from sharing information. There really aren't that many people that swage bullets and just about none of them are "keyboard Lawyers". The Homophobia issue I can't help you with.

Uh huh! :kidding: If you saw some of the pm's that some of us get from Vendors of this site you just may change your mind.

It's comments like this that don't help the cause................:?

Totally uncalled for!

RRR

Completely agree

You should be able to talk negatively about any vendor regardless of their status here. This is of course if the criticism is warranted. If it's just to bash then there is no reason. But on the flip side it does seem that some members noses are buried quite deep......well I can't continue that thought w/out some infractions :laugh:

I wont give you any infractions. Not sure if that matters though.

It is interesting how the emotions bounded left and right of center. All the boys making dies are no less than 6months wait. When I received my first core mold, which is truly a work of machining art. One of the first questions was how long did I wait? I've read about the " Big C brothers" taking years to fill in stock orders. Remember he is making custom stuff like reamers, custom adjustable core molds as well as modified Lee blanks. Swaging presses as well as brass lapping rods. I think he is going to hit 2016 with a very interesting product line.
Bill

I agree and his business is his to operate but I think the phrase of biting off more than he could chew fits here. Again he can do what he wants.

RLW
08-21-2015, 02:07 PM
Bill

I don't think anyone is arguing about the fact that it takes time to get dies. The issue is that something taking literally 10 times as long as it was quoted becomes a problem. I specifically ordered the Press from him based on his quoted turn around time. I ordered a die from another die maker and he told me up front that it would be at least 6 months out. I'm at 6 months now and not sweating it one bit as its expected.

Unfortunately, I am sitting down with a tool and die guy this afternoon to start on a project and I really need that press for it. I have a walnut hill press but I really need the little extra travel offered on that press. Could I make the press? Sure. Should I have to after I forked over a handful of cash 21 months ago for one. No.

I really do like seeing people succeed and I hope Tim's business works out. But until I have received my press and the other members of this forum who have been waiting longer than I have as well I think it would be irresponsible to see this thread and just let it go buy without my input. I didn't come in to this thread to hate on Tim. In fact if I would have received my press and it was good quality at any point before now I would never have even mentioned it.

kyk
09-09-2015, 12:19 PM
I have the same problem with Tim. I have sent the full payment for two presses and Tim feed me with promices almost half a year. I can understand everything, but not this. I asked him to send my money back, but he dont want and give a new promice...
Man of his word - oh no, it's not about Tim :)

Raging Swaging Tools
09-09-2015, 01:44 PM
Kyk,
When you ordered the two presses I told you in a email you were to pay actual shipping charges with U.P.S. . Later on you said wife had bad experiences with ups and you didn't want me to use U.P.S.. Then you said to use U.S.P.S. , I told you I would need to redesign some things to fit the flat rate boxes offered. I ate the cost of this along with the materials and making them. Then you wanted your money back, I told you non refundable due to all this. Then you tell me to use Fed Ex economy to ship t your country. I have replied back to your emails I think in a timely and professional mater all the time. This whole encounter has totally screwed up my work schedule and has caused others to wait on products. Make up your mind on the shipping already so I can get things finished for other customers that are waiting patiently. One question for you is how do I fit things in a 12 inch long box that are longer than 12 inches?
This has happened with other customers also changing their mind on things causing me loss of time and money also.

kyk
09-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Kyk,
When you ordered the two presses I told you in a email you were to pay actual shipping charges with U.P.S. . Later on you said wife had bad experiences with ups and you didn't want me to use U.P.S.. Then you said to use U.S.P.S. , I told you I would need to redesign some things to fit the flat rate boxes offered. I ate the cost of this along with the materials and making them. Then you wanted your money back, I told you non refundable due to all this. Then you tell me to use Fed Ex economy to ship t your country. I have replied back to your emails I think in a timely and professional mater all the time. This whole encounter has totally screwed up my work schedule and has caused others to wait on products. Make up your mind on the shipping already so I can get things finished for other customers that are waiting patiently. One question for you is how do I fit things in a 12 inch long box that are longer than 12 inches?
This has happened with other customers also changing their mind on things causing me loss of time and money also.
Tim,
UPS will ship back to you sended boxes, but before they will have a trip around the wold.(Yes, they are idiots. I have a same problem with them twice)
If you cant ship USPS - no problem ship it with FedEx, It will be expencive for me in additional 700$ but I'm ready to pay an additional spents for this ucking presses.
80 days passed from your reply about what everything is ready and waiting for welding.....

newcastter
09-10-2015, 12:43 PM
Such a shame, but you get what you deserve. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Utah Shooter
09-10-2015, 07:39 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yup I go elsewhere for advise on swaging. Seems like most of the the guys that used to help a lot have done the same. I think it really goes south when this place turns into a classified add and not so many discussions. Wished all the selling would just go to the classifieds.

runfiverun
09-11-2015, 01:57 PM
as a MOD:
I left this up so raging swaging could defend his self and present his case here.
if he wishes to do so then he can.
I'm having a hard time watching this thread because of my work schedule so if just turns into a heap fest it will be locked.

as a poster, and a swager all I want is communication.
I/we all realize that swaging tools take time to make properly and that means waiting.
hearing how much longer [about] is not too much to ask.
if someone communicates they will be successful.

kyk
10-29-2015, 01:47 PM
I don't know how it can be called in USA. But here in Russia if somebody takes money for work and don't do it, and dont want to return the payment - it's a fraud. I can understand a lot of things, the life can bring us a lot of troubles, but when the called time limits exceed at two times or bigger - it's mean what there is a problem.
I still have no response from Tim for my last mail. I still have no date of readiness of my paid equipment.
The last mail what I received from Tim was at September after posting at this topic, still have no response from him.
Just want to to inform all new customers of Raging Swaging what they could be in my situation: After 7 months of waiting I'm stay without equipment, money and with out any promises to refund or get the presses.

RLW
01-15-2016, 01:38 PM
OK. its been 4 months since I have posted in this thread. When I last posted in this thread Tim called me right away and said he was working hard to get the press done. Since then I have contacted him on several occasions to see where things stood. More of the same excuses every time. I see in this thread that since I have posted another gentleman stated that he ordered 2 presses (long after I ordered my press and dies) and Tims response (if it holds any weight) was the reason he did not have his presses was because of some shipping miscommunication.

The one time that Tim emailed me for an update without me asking was minutes after he responded to that persons complaint on this thread. Surely it was to prevent me from jumping back into the conversation. I have also noticed that the only person on this forum who actually received a press from Tim did so after he was very persistent in Tims old thread where he was promoting his press. So as a result I am bringing this thread back from the dead. At present Tim owes me a swage press, one die, and a core mold that I sent him the mold block for. I have paid him for these products in full plus shipping more than 2 years ago. I will accept either a refund or the product. Until then I will have to bring this thread up so that others know what will happen should they order from him.

And Tim. Don't call me and tell me your almost done with the press after you read this. You have done that before and it simply doesn't mean anything. Just send the press or a refund.

Utah Shooter
01-16-2016, 04:50 PM
Man I am surprised any of you have waited this long. I would have gotten the authorities involved a long time ago.

RLW
01-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Man I am surprised any of you have waited this long. I would have gotten the authorities involved a long time ago.

I should have. When I threatened to do it in his other thread he promptly produced one of the dies that I ordered. As a result I figured maybe he would make the other die and press but no luck. I'm looking into what I have to do to get it sorted out now. I know it has been done before with HG Firearms I think it was . I'm working on it.

plus1hdcp
01-17-2016, 09:28 PM
I should have. When I threatened to do it in his other thread he promptly produced one of the dies that I ordered. As a result I figured maybe he would make the other die and press but no luck. I'm looking into what I have to do to get it sorted out now. I know it has been done before with HG Firearms I think it was . I'm working on it.

Good luck to you, I hope you get a resolution soon.

guywitha3006
01-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Anyone heard anything recently from Tim? I talked with him the last week of December but several phone calls and emails have since gone unanswered.

mactool
01-21-2016, 05:49 PM
I heard from him in late november, and have since then send him two e-mails, but have not heard Word from him. I bought his combo die set in Martz and have had a lot of promises from his side since then. Now i starting to get Pxxxxx. If this one doesnt go through I have had my leg pulled twice, the first one was $850 with Hg firearms , and now this :-(

RLW
01-23-2016, 04:09 PM
I heard from him in late november, and have since then send him two e-mails, but have not heard Word from him. I bought his combo die set in Martz and have had a lot of promises from his side since then. Now i starting to get Pxxxxx. If this one doesnt go through I have had my leg pulled twice, the first one was $850 with Hg firearms , and now this :-(
Did you get involved with the group that went after HG Firearms for fraud? I know there was a few people involved. That might be what happens here as well.

kyk
01-24-2016, 05:27 PM
Hi guys,
Last mail from Tim was received on 13.12.2015. No need to place it here but the description: As always "almost done".
Does anybody know the Tim address?
I would like to write a statement to the police about the fraud. Maybe somebody will help me to make a statement and send it to the direct department? We can write a collective statement. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in USA, but I ready to do that.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-26-2016, 01:06 PM
Hi guys,
Last mail from Tim was received on 13.12.2015. No need to place it here but the description: As always "almost done".
Does anybody know the Tim address?
I would like to write a statement to the police about the fraud. Maybe somebody will help me to make a statement and send it to the direct department? We can write a collective statement. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it in USA, but I ready to do that.
I can't help you write a collective statement...but here is some public info from a search of the Internet.

from his website:
http://www.ragingswaging.com/info.html

Raging Swaging (Tim Rahko)
P.O.BOX 788
IRONWOOD, MI 49938
info@ragingswaging.com

The street address indicated from radaris dot com
http://radaris.com/p/Timothy/Rahko/

114 W Southland Ave

Raging Swaging Tools
01-27-2016, 04:41 PM
I can't help you write a collective statement...but here is some public info from a search of the Internet.

from his website:
http://www.ragingswaging.com/info.html

The street address indicated from radaris dot com
http://radaris.com/p/Timothy/Rahko/
Jonb,
My wife feels threatened the way this is posted. You could have pm'd or emailed that info. You asked if I was embarrassed by my work ethics once, no I am not ,and I will post the pictures of the completed parts for these presses. Of course I will probably get banned for just coming on here. Runfiverun said he would like to just see communication between us and every time I try to communicate or ask a question I receive a infraction. As my wife asked me to ask you the moderator and the owner of this site how would you like your name and address posted on here. You people will receive your things shortly.
I think now you can see I am not committing fraud. I have also tried to make the couple of you understand the wait with the welding shop on the toggles. I am not going to go into the details ,but I gave the details to you privately the way I felt it should be done. Also the person that will be welding these things appreciated me also doing it privately, as it is not anybody else's business. What I mean by this is someone else's privacy and what is going on in their life at this time.

DukeInFlorida
01-27-2016, 05:39 PM
I don't have a horse in this race.... BUT.....

1) What does your wife REALLY have to do with anything? Isn't this YOUR business? Aren't you responsible for taking orders and delivering quality parts in a timely fashion?
2) You've offered absolutely NO legitimate excuses for the endless delays. I'd like to hear what issues have caused you to not be able to deliver these machining orders in something even close to being timely.
3) We have had, as you know, some "vendors" show up at Castboolits, promising the world, taking orders, and people's money, and skipping town with the proceeds. So, while I am not suggesting that's what you are about (although a few seem to be), you can certainly understand the concern many of us have with a vendor, such as yourself, repeating what seems to be similar dubious actions with customers here. So, please understand the perception that you have created for yourself. If things went smoothly, on time, etc... then this thread would not exist, and you wouldn't have a line of customers banging their fists and complaining.
4) You can decide to do whatever you want with these current orders, and any future business. It's your business. However, most good businessmen would be very concerned with their reputation in a marketplace. And, would be doing everything they could to fix supposed mis-conceptions and mis understandings.
5) Most suppliers here at CastBoolits want their customers to be happy with services, products etc. And, as such offer something like a money back guarantee if their customer(s) isn't happy. OBVIOUSLY, you have spent the $$$ that people have sent you. And, you seem to be NOT in a financial position to refund $$$ for non-delivered product. I'm presuming that you'd also not be willing to refund money for returned product which wasn't satisfactory to the customer.

Again, I'm not one of the customers that have been begging for delivery of product or refunding of $$$. However, I certainly would never do business with a vendor who operates the way that you do. Whether it's simple stubbornness on your part.. or real issues with your ability to deliver... or whatever is your real reason, you are not helping your own cause here. I guess I'd just like to hear some explanations, now that you are here posting. How on God's green earth did things get to be this way?

Raging Swaging Tools
01-27-2016, 07:44 PM
Did you get involved with the group that went after HG Firearms for fraud? I know there was a few people involved. That might be what happens here as well.
RLW,
Can you send me some of the samples that are finished on your end, so I can satisfy this order by finishing your second die. This was the agreement between the two of us.

MaryB
01-27-2016, 08:18 PM
Moved to staff for discussion. This guy should be a vendor to sell his stuff here plus it seems like he has some major delivery issues....

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Moved back to Swaging.

Tim,
All the info I posted is easily found on the internet, I posted links to where I easily found it. Most of it was on your own website. Please act more mature in your comments here ...your Wife? really?

Plate plinker
01-27-2016, 09:26 PM
:popcorn:

Learning more here than BUS 101

Utah Shooter
01-27-2016, 09:43 PM
I don't have a horse in this race.... BUT.....

1) What does your wife REALLY have to do with anything? Isn't this YOUR business? Aren't you responsible for taking orders and delivering quality parts in a timely fashion?
2) You've offered absolutely NO legitimate excuses for the endless delays. I'd like to hear what issues have caused you to not be able to deliver these machining orders in something even close to being timely.
3) We have had, as you know, some "vendors" show up at Castboolits, promising the world, taking orders, and people's money, and skipping town with the proceeds. So, while I am not suggesting that's what you are about (although a few seem to be), you can certainly understand the concern many of us have with a vendor, such as yourself, repeating what seems to be similar dubious actions with customers here. So, please understand the perception that you have created for yourself. If things went smoothly, on time, etc... then this thread would not exist, and you wouldn't have a line of customers banging their fists and complaining.
4) You can decide to do whatever you want with these current orders, and any future business. It's your business. However, most good businessmen would be very concerned with their reputation in a marketplace. And, would be doing everything they could to fix supposed mis-conceptions and mis understandings.
5) Most suppliers here at CastBoolits want their customers to be happy with services, products etc. And, as such offer something like a money back guarantee if their customer(s) isn't happy. OBVIOUSLY, you have spent the $$$ that people have sent you. And, you seem to be NOT in a financial position to refund $$$ for non-delivered product. I'm presuming that you'd also not be willing to refund money for returned product which wasn't satisfactory to the customer.

Again, I'm not one of the customers that have been begging for delivery of product or refunding of $$$. However, I certainly would never do business with a vendor who operates the way that you do. Whether it's simple stubbornness on your part.. or real issues with your ability to deliver... or whatever is your real reason, you are not helping your own cause here. I guess I'd just like to hear some explanations, now that you are here posting. How on God's green earth did things get to be this way?

Couldn't agree more.

RLW
02-02-2016, 01:28 PM
I sent you a message with info for the die which will make it even easier than originally planned.

RLW,
Can you send me some of the samples that are finished on your end, so I can satisfy this order by finishing your second die. This was the agreement between the two of us.

RLW
03-02-2016, 03:57 PM
OK, its march now. Nothing has happened. 27 months in and still no press. Simply dropping in to keep this thing going so that anyone considering purchasing understands completely what they are getting themselves into.

Raging Swaging Tools
03-02-2016, 04:52 PM
OK, its march now. Nothing has happened. 27 months in and still no press. Simply dropping in to keep this thing going so that anyone considering purchasing understands completely what they are getting themselves into.
Ryan,
Your press, die, and core mold will be shipped out shortly. Thank You for your continued patience.

Raging Swaging Tools
03-02-2016, 05:27 PM
RLW,
Sent you a email

guywitha3006
03-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I received my pinch trim die from Tim last week and it is beautiful, I had some questions and Tim was happy to help. The wait was longer than I expected or hoped for but it was a very nice set and I can't wait to see my 9mm point form die when it gets finished. I hope Tim can continue to improve his wait times, funds are low now but in the future, I would certainly like more of his products.

Sophat34
03-09-2016, 08:04 PM
maybe my press will be shipping soon too. I haven't had as long a wait as some though.

RLW
04-03-2016, 12:33 PM
maybe my press will be shipping soon too. I haven't had as long a wait as some though.

Probably already in the mail. LOL. I have been waiting 28 months and I know of at least one other member of this forum that has been waiting longer than I have.

Sophat34
04-23-2016, 08:09 AM
yea I know. I got to the point that I just spent the extra 300 and got a corban with a stand. I guess thats another 1300. I hold out hope that some day I will see my press. I forget that I am still waiting for this press, I was up in the up the other day, maybe I should have stopped by.

Rumrunner64
04-25-2016, 02:40 PM
Tim
Please return my emails.
Rob

Raging Swaging Tools
04-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Emails being responded to.

Sent from my SM-T337V using Tapatalk

Hamish
04-25-2016, 04:30 PM
It's pretty disappointing that this situation and this thread still going in the same direction. There are several members who are owed either equipment or refunds, and who have waited entirely too long to get them.

kyk
04-28-2016, 09:49 AM
Tim, no news from you from December. Now the year is passed away. May be it's better to stop feed your clients with promises, and return money back. It's just a fraud at this moment.

RLW
04-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Ryan,
Your press, die, and core mold will be shipped out shortly. Thank You for your continued patience.

I'm confused. its been two months since this post and I was thinking that "shipped out Shortly" would have been sooner than that.

Sophat34
05-01-2016, 06:21 AM
You know its sad. The press looked great, I was excited to get something from a smaller "home town guy." This has me pretty frustrated. Any one have any idea how many people are waiting on these presses? I am usually willing to give people of the gun the benefit of the doubt but my patience is running thin on this one. The reason I ask, seeing that pile of unfinished presses there, is to get a total dollar amount that has been taken and no product received for. I'm not a lawyer but there has to be an amount that it would be considered a felony right? The word that means no more guns is a strong motivator.

RLW
05-02-2016, 07:21 PM
You know its sad. The press looked great, I was excited to get something from a smaller "home town guy." This has me pretty frustrated. Any one have any idea how many people are waiting on these presses? I am usually willing to give people of the gun the benefit of the doubt but my patience is running thin on this one. The reason I ask, seeing that pile of unfinished presses there, is to get a total dollar amount that has been taken and no product received for. I'm not a lawyer but there has to be an amount that it would be considered a felony right? The word that means no more guns is a strong motivator.

I don't know if there is an amount that would make his actions a felony but there are a few of us that have discussed reporting him for fraud. I know that it happened to another guy selling stuff on this forum and I think it was effective. I don't know how many people are waiting for presses, but I have been told by members of this forum that they are not posting here because he essentially told them if they did they wouldn't get their press. Now, that is only something I have been told so of course Tim could come on here and say he never said anything like that but if it comes down to taking someone for their word, I know who's word means something to me and who's doesn't.

At this point, I don't even need the press. I would love to get the die he owes me but I'm not holding my breath. I simply purchased equipment elsewhere. A refund would be the best option for me at this point but I'll take the press over nothing. But then again, I will call and report him for fraud before I go with nothing also. I'm 29 months and counting right now.

dragon813gt
05-03-2016, 09:37 PM
It varies by state but Grand Larceny starts at $2,000 here. This is a felony offense. Less than $50 is a summary offense. And in between is petty larceny, misdemeanor. If multiple people report him it's going to show a pattern and he will more than likely be charged w/ grand larceny. Mail fraud will also be involved which is another serious felony charge. If it was me I would have already gone down this route.

RLW
05-09-2016, 05:57 PM
OK, I tried to call the Michigan District Attorneys office a minute ago but no answer as I'm guessing they close at 5pm. I'm on the west coast so I'll have to call tomorrow. If nothing else they can direct me to what exact office I will need to call. Once I get some details on who exactly we need to speak with I'll post info here.

Raging Swaging Tools
05-09-2016, 09:34 PM
I don't know if there is an amount that would make his actions a felony but there are a few of us that have discussed reporting him for fraud. I know that it happened to another guy selling stuff on this forum and I think it was effective. I don't know how many people are waiting for presses, but I have been told by members of this forum that they are not posting here because he essentially told them if they did they wouldn't get their press. Now, that is only something I have been told so of course Tim could come on here and say he never said anything like that but if it comes down to taking someone for their word, I know who's word means something to me and who's doesn't.

At this point, I don't even need the press. I would love to get the die he owes me but I'm not holding my breath. I simply purchased equipment elsewhere. A refund would be the best option for me at this point but I'll take the press over nothing. But then again, I will call and report him for fraud before I go with nothing also. I'm 29 months and counting right now.
RLW,
In regards to you saying that some members of the forum not saying anything, as they felt they wouldn't get there press. That is totally false. I have never wrote that or said that to any customer ever. I don't come on here period and when I heard about this, well let's just say you like to fuel the fire with false things. I'm still waiting for the samples you were supposed to send so I can finish your die. I also told you I like to use the press as you would, to finish the dies, that way you can just put the dies in and start making projectiles. I would like you to private message me with the individual name that said this, or have them message me. I think with the accusation of me saying this you can come forward now on it.
Also I wonder how many times the other people making these items have gone thru this. It just seems a few times I have seen the big named manufacturers bashed on. I wonder how many times they have been faced with pending charges of fraud and felonies? Just the few people on here with there typing skills sure can stir the pot and get others chiming in that have nothing to do with this. As someone has said in here you must have patience, well I can also say I do also with the bull on here, but when somebody says something false I will speak up as I just did.
I'm sure the other person will chime in within a day or so. So since you all want to tell the story, please make sure you tell both sides of it. I have had a few people here on there current orders cost me money and time on both tooling and lost labor due to them changing there minds on things. I'm sure they never thought of that or thought of the reimbursement for it. I know I will never get reimbursed for it and never would have.
I have had some reasons for the wait, with some losses that were hard. Now I'm going thru another one but some people just don't care. Instead of asking on what's going on with there order, you just like to come here and talk and stir it up. I'm sure you have my email address, that would be a good communication line to find out for yourself.
Thank You,
R.S.T.

RLW
05-09-2016, 10:53 PM
That sounds like a plan. I'll go ahead and give you the name of the guy who is afraid to post on account of not ever getting his product if he does. That wouldn't make me the nicest guy would it.

As far as waiting for the projectiles to finish the press, I emailed you some time ago about simply making a core swage die instead. I know you got the email because you emailed me back with a question about how long I want the cores to be. So your not waiting for anything. You just haven't made the press or die. At this point I'm just going to sell the press should I ever receive it. I have purchased another press in the 30 months I have been waiting. A refund would be much better but I assume when you get contacted in regards to the fraud charges you will opt for sending the press as it does appear that you have a pile of steel and I think a guy would have to be delusional to think you haven't spent the money.

I have done email, PM, and even phone call with you with no success. The only person that anyone on earth can verify received a press from you in the last 3 years, was able to do so only by posting on this forum repeatedly and putting it out in the open. So unfortunately, that is my only option. You don't have to join in. You could always have your lawyer LJM jump back in. That was fun.

RLW
05-10-2016, 05:49 PM
OK, I filed a complaint online at Michigan.gov. There is a section for the Attorney General and there is a complaint form. At this point I am not sure if everyone else should file a new complaint or if it is something where they can basically pile on my complaint. That is one of the things I asked in the complaint so I figure they will let me know. I will keep this thread updated as to what I find out.

kyk
05-17-2016, 07:53 AM
Tim mailed to me at last week. As also "almost ready to ship" and he want an additional payment for shipping. I offered to him to ship one of two ordered presses and pay shipping by his own money. After receiving of the first press I will pay shipping fees for both presses.
I still have no answer from him to this offer.

DerekP Houston
05-17-2016, 08:00 AM
Tim mailed to me at last week. As also "almost ready to ship" and he want an additional payment for shipping. I offered to him to ship one of two ordered presses and pay shipping by his own money. After receiving of the first press I will pay shipping fees for both presses.

Erm ***? I this the same one that was bought a paid for 3 years ago? I would press forward with charges and recoup your money elsewhere.

RLW
05-18-2016, 05:20 PM

Good call. You would have to be insane to send him more money with everything being posted here as well as other reports I have heard from other members of this forum. It appears that his website is down as well which may or may not have anything to do with the fact that I have filed a complaint against him.

The truth is, you would feel bad for Tim if you just started dealing with him and that is exactly what he uses to his advantage to get over on people. Once you have dealt with him for a little while you notice inconsistencies in his stories and you realize he more than likely has a personality disorder and your just happy he's only playing his game in a very small community and not going Enron on everyone.

Rumrunner64
05-18-2016, 08:07 PM
Tim
Please return my emails. I am realy having a hard time not joining in on this thread.
Rob

RLW
05-21-2016, 12:26 AM
Tim
Please return my emails. I am realy having a hard time not joining in on this thread.
Rob

Don't sweat it. Your press is almost ready to ship. Maybe just send him some more money and he'll get it out the door right away.

Prospector Howard
05-21-2016, 10:06 PM
I guess he named his company right. A lot of customers trying to do business with him seem to end up in a rage. I feel bad for you guys, good luck getting restitution.

ncbearman
05-22-2016, 09:53 AM
Someday he will cross the wrong guy and he will show up at his door. I think "negotiations" with him face to face would have a very different result. Because lets face it......"everybody is cool ONLINE" but when it comes to dealing with real world situations they cower and fold and don't know what to do or say. The internet has created a plethora of these types of people. Put they're business in a retail situation and they would fail miserably.

Rumrunner64
05-29-2016, 02:10 AM
Tim
Monday is almost here.
Rob

Rumrunner64
05-30-2016, 09:44 AM
[smilie=w:

ncbearman
05-30-2016, 12:53 PM
Maybe what could happen is that a representative of this thread/customers or multiple reps could organize a face to face meeting to pickup all the product that has been paid for up to this point. We have his address and know where he lives. It could be schedules in advance so that its not a surprise drop=in (which is what I would do personally). Otherwise I don't see much chance of this ending in a good way. Lets just hope there aren't those that are still sending him orders in one way or another. As I said before..........the internet has created this breed of vendors that feel they don't have to answer in the same way as they would if it were a retail situation and having to deal with customers face to face. Its also time that LEO was involved. Seems like there are a few on this forum that may be able to help.

RLW
05-30-2016, 03:17 PM
I haven't heard anything back yet about the Fraud claim I filed. I'm headed out of the country on vacation for the week but next week when I'm back I'll call and see what I can find out as far as what has happened if anything so far and what it will take to have others jump in on that claim.

To be honest, I think Tim has probably split. His website is down and nobody has heard from him.

RLW
05-30-2016, 03:20 PM
RLW,
In regards to you saying that some members of the forum not saying anything, as they felt they wouldn't get there press. That is totally false. I have never wrote that or said that to any customer ever.

Tim, if you are reading this thread, you now know my source. Please come on here and tell us he is making that up.

mozeppa
05-30-2016, 04:24 PM
jeez and i thought not getting my molds from Hardlines mold co. in less than 24 months was bad!

just wow!

Rumrunner64
05-30-2016, 05:42 PM
Tim emails me today. He said it was shipping tomorrow. Let's see if he keeps his word.

plus1hdcp
05-30-2016, 05:58 PM
Tim emails me today. He said it was shipping tomorrow. Let's see if he keeps his word.

Good luck! I truly hope your press ships out tomorrow and the rest of those waiting on equipment receive a resolution in the near future. It would be great to see this thread fade away as I feel for the members who have made purchases have do not have product shipped.

mckenziedrums
05-31-2016, 09:56 AM
So... On a whim I did a "WHOIS" of the domain ragingswaging.com... Surprised as heck when an old acquaintance's name came up.

Edit: Was able to get in touch with him. He helped Tim with his website way back when but that's it. In case anyone else gets the same idea I did to look it up just know that all he did was help him create the website. No other association. (Which is about what I'd expect because he was always great to work with when I was building drums)

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-31-2016, 11:27 AM
So... On a whim I did a "WHOIS" of the domain ragingswaging.com... Surprised as heck when an old acquaintance's name came up. Everyone has been referring to Raging Swaging as "Tim" but I see ****** name listed on the domain. I've known ****** for years from making ********* . Is there any relation between the two that anyone knows of?
You could search through his facebook page, it's currently 'public'. Tim's facebook friend list has 270 friends, it's easier to do a "search" with a first and last name. There has been no "public" posts on his timeline since Jan 1 2016, but with 270 friends, that's something you generally don't quit using. Of course we know he is monitoring this thread, so I suspect his FB account privacy settings will soon change..

mckenziedrums
05-31-2016, 11:54 AM
Well two things...

1. My old buddy who's name came up has no direct affiliation other than he helped Tim make his website (referred by some other guy) so his name is still on the registration information. He kindly asks to be kept out of it should anyone else do the same search I did. What a small world!

2. Tim apparently is VERY closely tracking this thread.

JonB_in_Glencoe
05-31-2016, 01:32 PM
SNIP...

Oh yes he is.

merlin101
05-31-2016, 02:12 PM
Well two things...

He should spend that time making and shipping his products instead of lurking.
Good luck to all that bought from him!

Rumrunner64
06-01-2016, 12:49 AM
:coffee:

Rumrunner64
06-01-2016, 01:16 AM
:wink:

u.p. north
06-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Another shipping date missed. Or not high on his priority list to send a tracking number. Like I realy thought he would.

Rumrunner64,
your order has reached its fob shipping point
here is your tracking number 1Z8Y47960395011816

Rumrunner64
06-01-2016, 07:13 PM
Rumrunner64,
your order has reached its fob shipping point
here is your tracking number 1Z8Y47960395011816

Awesome.....
I see 86lbs going to Blaine... Looking forward to it. Thank you.

R.Ph. 380
06-07-2016, 11:45 PM
Well?

Rumrunner64
06-07-2016, 11:54 PM
I does not get delivered until tomorrow. And I will not be able to get down to the mail box to pick it up until the weekend.

R.Ph. 380
06-08-2016, 12:34 AM
I does not get delivered until tomorrow. And I will not be able to get down to the mail box to pick it up until the weekend.

Take the truck, 86 lbs.........................I had to unpack mine on the front porch and carry it in in pieces.

Rumrunner64
06-11-2016, 10:06 PM
I pick up my press today and put it together.
Tim it looks awesome. Thank you.
I still need to paint it and mount it to the bench. So I have not tried it. Other then seating one core.
Tim's press is huge. This thing is going to make things effortless. Vary nice machining. Movement is smooth.
I will post more about it in a few of weeks after I get it painted and mounted properly. I have a vary busy month with work and shooting matches.
I hope the rest of you guys waiting for stuff get it real soon.
It has been a long wait for me, but now I am happy.

RLW
06-12-2016, 06:42 PM
Tim, can I expect to receive a press soon as well or will it be the same game of cat and mouse for another couple years?

powderburnerr
07-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Anyone been getting their backorders from this guy?

onomrbil
07-10-2016, 09:11 AM
Edited

onomrbil
07-10-2016, 12:49 PM
Edited

JonB_in_Glencoe
07-10-2016, 05:06 PM
OK, I filed a complaint online at Michigan.gov. There is a section for the Attorney General and there is a complaint form. At this point I am not sure if everyone else should file a new complaint or if it is something where they can basically pile on my complaint. That is one of the things I asked in the complaint so I figure they will let me know. I will keep this thread updated as to what I find out.

I guess I should have been more explicit: I am out $160 for a core mold. Made the mistake of NOT reading this forum string before I sent the money order. I can produce the e-mails leading up to this transaction if you wanna see 'em.

onomrbil,
I'm not sure how long you've been waiting, and how long it's been since you heard from Tim at raging swaging, if it's been a while, I'd contact the MI AG like RLW did.

RLW
07-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Anyone been getting their backorders from this guy?

He has shipped two presses in 3 years. So I guess technically people are getting their back orders. I am always receiving mine shortly every time I post here, but in reality there is nothing coming.

MaxJon
08-05-2016, 12:06 AM
I would like some point form reamers, but not sure now!! But getting goods out of the US is always a pain! Sometimes I think people wait till the greenback is going their way????
just saying.....

RLW
08-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Bumping this back to the top. I received an email right after my last post that said my press would be sent toe shortly. I'm shocked it's not here yet. Please don't buy anything from this guy.

Rumrunner64
08-15-2016, 08:28 PM
Bumping this back to the top. I received an email right after my last post that said my press would be sent toe shortly. I'm shocked it's not here yet. Please don't buy anything from this guy.

I'm sorry to say I have to agree. 3 year was just to long to wait.

kyk
09-13-2016, 02:57 AM
Any news from Tim?
Does anybody tried to file a police report? This is fraud, no need to be a genius.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-13-2016, 11:48 AM
Any news from Tim?
Does anybody tried to file a police report? This is fraud, no need to be a genius.
Well, I hope so. If so, it doesn't seem that they are posting about it, which is probably smart, maybe the MI AG is advising them not post about it, IDK?

mactool
11-20-2016, 04:53 PM

Did yoi ever get your press, and what happened to the fraud charge

RLW
11-23-2016, 07:50 PM
Here is an update. My press was delivered to me last week. I was out of town but returned a couple of days ago. I swung by my shop today and opened up the wooden box it was in to have a quick look. The press looks good. Needs to be painted but I have no issue with that. I didn't see the second die that I originally ordered but at this point it's nice to have the press. My blank cast mold I sent him was returned to me as well. The press is much larger than I had pictured and it looks like it should work out quite well for what I need. It has been right at about 3 years since I ordered the press. The idea I had for the press originally has come and gone but it will serve me well for other swaging purposes.

Rumrunner64
11-23-2016, 08:30 PM
I'm glad yo hear you have got it.

Sophat34
12-24-2016, 01:09 PM
glad you have gotten it. I still have yet to receive mine. It was supposed to come down in mid may when his family was up visiting. Very disappointed, but whats new right.

Gew
12-24-2016, 11:52 PM
3 years, holy cow, and i thought I was patient.

Sophat34
12-27-2016, 02:23 PM
I am in Wisconsin too. Any one know how to get ahold of tim? Its been a while since I received an email response and I see that his facebook page for his company is gone as well. I would at least like to get my money back.

readr1
02-02-2017, 07:41 PM
I've been trying to get ahold of Tim for a couple of weeks now, anybody have GOOD contact info for him? Phone, Email, Address.

readr1
02-06-2017, 07:14 PM
Has anyone heard from Tim since November of 2016? I received an email from him on the 10th and have not been in contact since. Emails, phone calls, nada.

readr1
04-28-2017, 01:16 AM
Anybody?

guywitha3006
04-28-2017, 10:20 AM
Last response I got was 2/22/16...my dies were going to be in the mail 2/24/16...nothing. I also emailed on 6/27/16 and 12/9/16 and got no response to either... Unfortunately I do not expect them to show any time soon. I originally paid for the dies 7/14/15.