PDA

View Full Version : A new old score

lightman
06-01-2015, 01:34 PM
Having a little more off time than I had when working, I'm slowly cleaning up the garage, store room and shop. I ended up moving several buckets of type metal so that I could add a receptacle in the garage. Hum, whats this? Hidden behind the bars of linotype was a 5 gallon bucket of odd ingots made from isotope lead.:-) These were from early in my casting career, and poured into muffin tins and cornbread molds. Something I have not used in forever! Now I have to look in all the other corners!

pworley1
06-01-2015, 01:41 PM
It is always good to find hidden treasures.

omgb
06-01-2015, 11:05 PM
In 1977 I was rotating back to the lower 48 from Tatalina AFS in central AK. Earlier I had mined the back stop of our little shooting range and sent home via my baggage over 500 1 lb ingots of range lead. I'm still shooting some of that.

62chevy
06-02-2015, 04:38 PM
That's like finding a hundred bucks you left in the sock drawer.

RogerDat
06-02-2015, 06:15 PM
That's like finding a hundred bucks you left in the sock drawer.

Clearly an unmarried person or one that does their own laundry! Not sure what the life expectancy of $100 in my sock drawer is but I would say shooting stars have a longer one.

62chevy
06-02-2015, 09:11 PM
Clearly an unmarried person or one that does their own laundry! Not sure what the life expectancy of $100 in my sock drawer is but I would say shooting stars have a longer one.

LOL I can't even leave a dollar in my sock drawer so I think you get the point, rare but could happen.