PDA

View Full Version : IMA Snider Enfeld. Any good ones left?

milrifle
05-31-2015, 05:37 PM
I've got a hankering for one of these Snider Enfields. The budget would prefer one of the "Untouched" ones. I've done some reading and I have to admit that cleaning one of these up looks like it would be a lot of fun. Most of the guys that bought these "untouched" guns were very pleased at the condition and although there are warnings to the contrary on the IMA site, these guys seem to be getting pretty complete rifles. However, most of these posts I see are at least two years old and some more like 6-7 years old. It makes me wonder if there are any good "Untouched" ones left or are the scraping the bottom of the barrel now? For another $200, you can get one "Cleaned and complete", but then you don't get the satisfaction of doing it yourself. I'm a lot more concerned about it being complete that I am about it being clean. I'd just hate to spend more than the difference in price in buying parts to finish one out. Anybody have any RECENT experience with these?

funnyjim014
05-31-2015, 09:37 PM
I too was wondering the same a wile back but never pulled the trigger on the the purchase. BUMP for the cool topic

Southron
06-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Well, If i wanted to buy one, I wold go by the IMA warehouse and pick one out. My understanding is that INA will allow you to do that.

milrifle
06-06-2015, 06:40 PM
IMA is too far away from me for that. I could go to Atlanta Cutlery. Not sure if they allow you to pick them yourself or not, but IMA looks like they have better ones than Atlanta Cutlery (Good to very good @ IMA vs. fair to good @ Atl Cutlery).

Doesn't matter now. I ordered a Cleaned and Complete one last night. I DO, however, plan to get one of their Brown Bess "Kits" later on. Those say the lock is functional and barrel is OK. The trigger is new, as is the stock and butt plate. The lock and barrel are in "Untouched" condition, so I can satisfy my desire to clean one up later on with the Brown Bess.