PDA

View Full Version : Maybe some relief in the drought.

Tackleberry41
05-30-2015, 06:20 PM
Was at the Murfreesboro TN gun show today, wasnt sure about going, but been looking for powder. Usually they have a good supply of the same rifle powders everybody seems to have, little to no pistol powder.

Today it was trying to choose what to buy. The H110 been looking for, plenty. Couldn't find power pistol for a while, dug some up, last lbs they had on a trip to Fla. Plenty today. Was looking at the bullseye everybody like so much, but also wanted a lbs of Shillouette, and some reloader 7 to try, along w another lbs of Lil gun. Only so much cash. And still needed a brick of large rifle primers. Plus the other assorted things you get at a gun show. Really wanted to buy the stainless ruger old army a guy had, but not in the budget.

22LR is still in some alternate reality. I know Wal mart never has any, dont even seem to leave space for it anymore. LGS near me has been keeping a selection on the shelf for a while now, and at regular prices. I am not paying $40 for a 333 rd box of bulk winchester. Or $9 a box of 50 for basic 22lr. Didnt see anybody else buying it either.

wv109323
05-30-2015, 10:50 PM
I was in Cabela's in Charleston,WV on Thursday evening. They had 3- 100 packs of Remington Thunderbolt for $9.99 each. First time I have seen .22 LR in this Cabela's in 2 years. I have not been to a gun show in a while.

bhn22
05-30-2015, 10:58 PM
I actually found Ramshot TAC at the local GS today. There's a two pound limit, so I'll go back tomorrow for more.

rintinglen
06-01-2015, 01:10 AM
Went to the Gunshow in Costa Mesa yesterday. Like the OP, it seem to me as though the desperation shopping has let up and more components were on the shelves. There had even been some 8 pounders of Unique, though those had sold out before I arrived. I saw some accurate #5, #7, and #9 in 1 lb bottles, bought a pound of #9 for my 327 experiments. Red Dot and Promo 8 pounders were in plentiful supply, as were all the old-line IMR rifle powders except 4198. Winchester powders were in scant supply, I bought a pound of 296 and saw some 748 1 lbers. I think I saw some auto comp, but no shotgun or ww-231. BE-86 was readily available, as was Greendot. Primers were 128.97+tax /5000 or 28.99+tax /1000.
The only thing not apparent was reasonably priced 22 lr. There was plenty available, at 50-65 dollars per brick. I couldn't find any .303 Savage either.

9.3X62AL
06-01-2015, 01:43 AM
RT Glen......overall, that is the about the best components report in SoCal that I've read or heard about in quite a while. Nice!

Tackleberry41
06-01-2015, 01:05 PM
I wonder if its a case of supply has caught up or people are just out of money? I know some buy stuff irrelevant if they need it or not. Theres a lbs of powder they grab it. And what supply there was for a while seemed the opposite of the way it should be. A lbs of Unique for example will make a huge pile of pistol bullets. While a lbs of rifle powder doesn't tend to go very far, I might only get 75 rds of 300mag out of a lbs of 7828. Yet shelves were full of rifle powder but no pistol powder, seems like it should other way around.

This weekend I was looking at the supply going okay well I can only afford to buy so much, what to buy. I would have liked some long shot or Red dot, or Acc #5. But wanted some more lilgun, since it seems to work in so much. A friend had to drive to another state to get some 1680 for his 300BLK, the guy had a good 25lbs of it this weekend. I paid $29 a few weeks ago in FLa for a lbs of power pistol, first I had seen. This weekend I could have bought 10 of them for $22 ea.

9.3X62AL
06-01-2015, 02:22 PM
It surely would be nice if powder supplies normalized a bit.....whatever "normal" might be right now.

snowwolfe
06-02-2015, 12:34 AM
Tackleberry, Drive over to Outdoor Junction, exit 290 off I40. I been going there since Jan 2014 and they always have a good supply of handgun powders such as Bullseye, Unique, H110, 296, 2400, Power Pistol, etc.

Tackleberry41
06-02-2015, 04:44 PM
Yea I have been to outdoor junction a few times. Sometimes they have stuff, sometimes its the same rifle powders everybody else has. The reloaders bench in Mt Juliet has a decent selection at times. I bought 5 lbs last mo of different stuff, so enough for a little while.